“Spring Break”

Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Detroit, MI
“Spring Break”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I don't know where these other people stayed, but it wasn't GCI! Our room was clean, up to date and refreshed daily. The king size bed was perfect! Harold's had great food, cold drinks and a warm atmosphere. We didn't use the sushi bar because my wife won't eat the stuff (too bad, as I love sushi and sashimi!) The pool was clean, warm and very social. Our interactions with the staff were minimal because we didn't need them for anything, as our stay was well beyond our expectations. We most definitely will return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sleazyrider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I invite a bunch of family & friends to join in my birthday celebration every year. We love it. We are treated right and we have met some great people there also. JJ the manager always takes good care of us.

Room Tip: call in advance
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Santia51
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked this hotel for one night, but got the worst stay of my life. The room was old and dirty, floors wore dirty and sticky could not be walked on bare foot, it was advertised with a kitchenette but hade no separate sink in the bath, the kitchenette sink was clogged. The room hade an old rusty refrigerator and old furniture.

No towel bars to hang any towels, the shower hade no soap dish or shelf , no place for the soap or a bottle of shampoo, bath fan was dirty and very noise. The bedding was terrible with really old pillows. The grounds wore not kept up . Complained to staff member at checkout time but I was told that I would receive a call the following day but that didn't happen , after calling several times I got to talk to the manager but he offered no satisfaction just excuses. I was told that the place is a CONDOTEL and management did not have total control over the rooms.
Don't waste your money on this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Peter R
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I don't know where to start. 1st off you checked-in before 7:30pm on 1/25/14. You made no mention of any issues until 11am the next morning at checkout. That is when you left a list of concerns at the front desk. I can honestly say, 90% of the list was not as you claimed.
No where do we advertise that we offer kitchenette rooms. All our rooms have microwaves, frig & a vanity/sink area. no stove or oven. 1 sink in the room.
"no towel bars" is just a lie. There is 1 on the wall above the toilet & the hadle bars on the shower door can also be used as towel bars. There pillows. Maybe not your specific preference, but nothing old or faulty. With the bed, the frame/headboard needed to be tightend a little. Easy fix in 5 minutes.
The Room/floors are not dirty. Wood floors & room was painted several monthes ago.
If the sink was clogged, it could have been cleared if you would have reported it.
There was no soap dish in the room. The owners had not put 1 in shower & we have not had anyone mention it since that room was redone a couple years ago. That also could have been installed if you reported it. there is a soap dish in there now.
The only ligit comment that you submitted was the small amount of rust on the bottom of the frig. We have replaced the frig. I doubt that a little rust on the frig made this the "worst stay of my life".
When you requested a call. You did get a call from me. We did play phone tag a couple days, but I did call you, couple times & left messages. During the phone call when we did speak, you would not even let me finish a sentance. Just kept cutting me off. listened over a 20 minutes l & I couldn't even get a full sentence out, due to you interupting. But you kept saying "I know it's not the Ritz, but"
maybe next time you should book the Ritz at $400-$800 a night oppose to hotels that charges $135-$160.
I am sorry you did not bring up you issues in a timely manner where something could have been done for you. However making a long list of false issues at checkout will not help you to get a free night.

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in room 212 at the back of the hotel which over looks the car park. We opened the door to our room and out heart sank. Just horrible dark and dingy. The rooms at the back of the hotel are must be budget rooms note to self never do budget rooms again! My husband and I literally stayed out of the room til we were so exhausted we had to sleep. I would never stay here again.

The good points great shower and nice breakfast in the lobby.

The pool view rooms seem to get good reviews.

The location of the hotel is good very central to everything there is to do at Naples such as:

1. Watching the sun set at the pier
2. Lowdermilk beach
3. Towne centre 6 theatre
4. Tin city

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tracy d
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I would like to know what room you were really in. This is a condo property & room 212 is a room that does not get rented. But, it sounds like your issue was more with the veiw from your room & not the room itself. If that was an issue you could have asked for a different location. We have rooms on the poolside & parking lot side. Different people prefer different locations. All you need to do is let us know your preference & we will accomadate with whatever we have avail. to offer. I am sure the condition of the room was fine. All the 2nd floor backside rooms have been renovaded with-in the last year. Thank you.
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful stay. Our room was Room 204 was renovated and redone. Staff was great and so was the pool and location. Cant be beat for the price. Breakfast was free and the sushi bar was great. Would stay here again any time.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Ones in the back or side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KerryRichland
New Port Richey
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We decided to book a long weekend Holiday getaway on Christmas eve to arrive on Dec. 26th. There wasn't a whole lot of selection on hotels but liked the picture of the tiki bar so we booked it. Wow were we surprised. The place feels very resort-ish, the pool and tiki bar were fun and we really enjoyed the choice of 3 on-site eatting choices! Rooms were very clean and mostly updated. We would definitely return any time we are in Naples!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms away from the tiki bar would be preferable. There is a local crowd here on the weeken...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank pugantis
Lubec,ME
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Everything was perfect. A blast from the past. Low rise 2 story buildings surrounding a beautiful tropical pool.I would not stop in if just on the front appearance,but once you stroll out the rear exit of the lobby to the patio and pool area it is stunning. Our unit was #235 overlooking the pool and we were lucky to have a full moon too.Very nice room,exceptionally clean,they even washed the floors daily!Also provided daily cont. breakfast with make your own waffles in the lobby along with newspapers. The grounds are spotless .They have a thatched tiki hut bar&grill called Harolds where you can have the best charbroiled burgers and a frosty cold one by the pool.Sean was very helpful when booking our room and we got a sweet deal on our stay with dinner and drinks at Fujiyama which my husband is still raving about his great meal there .And it's also on site!Everyone on the front desk was pleasant and helpful.We met the manager Joe,and I have to say,"Job well done!"Even the pool men every morning were pleasant and very nice. It was our first stay and hopefully the first of many.Thanks so much for our wonderful stay, Marshall & Almeda Rust

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the beautiful little pool area.Backside rooms face the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple