“Best for the price”

Ranked #40 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Weston, Florida
“Best for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed two nights, the room was clean (no carpet no odor!) breakfast really poor but It was ok for the price (waffles and beigels only) The rooms near the tiki bar are really noisy. The hotel has good location. Service is great, I definetely will come back again!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank jjaspe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Although the "season" rates for this hotel was too high, it was the only hotel in my price range for the weekend I was in Naples. I would stay here again in "off season" for sure. I had a second story room, no view (which didn't matter to me) that had a complete kitchenette. Tile floors that had just been moped was the first thing I smelled upon entering the room. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean, and was quiet...everything I needed for this trip.
I did ask for an updated room, as I had read a previous post from someone mentioning that tidbit. It paid off.
It was noted on my reservation that a continental breakfast was provided, but we drove down the street to Panera instead.
Do take a lunch or evening break and enjoy a burger and a rum runner at Harold's Place out by the pool.
BTW...I stayed in Room 201.

Room Tip: ask for an updated room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank tupprdeb
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We knew going into this hotel that it was middle of the line as we bought the room for the price. I am not a picky person by any means but I am a little disappointed with our stay. Pool has a nice area with a nice looking tiki bar but our room was mis matched furniture poor quality bed with a head board that bangs the wall any little movement you make, pillows that seemed like they have been used for YEARS as they went flat even if you doubled them over to prop your head up. Also we found that we were sharing our room with a bunch of ants!!! Also there was black mold all over the base boards by and under our sink!!! When we first walked into our room we found a list of travel tips telling us to use every lock on our door don't let anyone in, don't flash any money or jewelry, only walk into the main entrance else you could be robbed!!!! This did not make us feel very comfortable and safe at this place. The only reason they received 2 stars was for there pool area. Would not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Clean your rooms better, do minor maintenance and upgrade furniture, TAKE CARE OF BUG AND MOLD PROBL...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nate O

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

It was a nice hotel, the pool was great, I wish they would have let me stay 30 min longer to get a shower after my golf lesson, the day we checked out..
It was a nice hotel for a two star... I travel every week I'm an airline pilot, I stay in many hotels. The manager gave us the room we wanted, my girlfriend had to ask for the room several times..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gary B
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I don't know where these other people stayed, but it wasn't GCI! Our room was clean, up to date and refreshed daily. The king size bed was perfect! Harold's had great food, cold drinks and a warm atmosphere. We didn't use the sushi bar because my wife won't eat the stuff (too bad, as I love sushi and sashimi!) The pool was clean, warm and very social. Our interactions with the staff were minimal because we didn't need them for anything, as our stay was well beyond our expectations. We most definitely will return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sleazyrider
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I invite a bunch of family & friends to join in my birthday celebration every year. We love it. We are treated right and we have met some great people there also. JJ the manager always takes good care of us.

Room Tip: call in advance
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Santia51
Ludlow, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked this hotel for one night, but got the worst stay of my life. The room was old and dirty, floors wore dirty and sticky could not be walked on bare foot, it was advertised with a kitchenette but hade no separate sink in the bath, the kitchenette sink was clogged. The room hade an old rusty refrigerator and old furniture.

No towel bars to hang any towels, the shower hade no soap dish or shelf , no place for the soap or a bottle of shampoo, bath fan was dirty and very noise. The bedding was terrible with really old pillows. The grounds wore not kept up . Complained to staff member at checkout time but I was told that I would receive a call the following day but that didn't happen , after calling several times I got to talk to the manager but he offered no satisfaction just excuses. I was told that the place is a CONDOTEL and management did not have total control over the rooms.
Don't waste your money on this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Peter R
GCINAPLES, Front Office Manager at Gulfcoast Inn Naples, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I don't know where to start. 1st off you checked-in before 7:30pm on 1/25/14. You made no mention of any issues until 11am the next morning at checkout. That is when you left a list of concerns at the front desk. I can honestly say, 90% of the list was not as you claimed.
No where do we advertise that we offer kitchenette rooms. All our rooms have microwaves, frig & a vanity/sink area. no stove or oven. 1 sink in the room.
"no towel bars" is just a lie. There is 1 on the wall above the toilet & the hadle bars on the shower door can also be used as towel bars. There pillows. Maybe not your specific preference, but nothing old or faulty. With the bed, the frame/headboard needed to be tightend a little. Easy fix in 5 minutes.
The Room/floors are not dirty. Wood floors & room was painted several monthes ago.
If the sink was clogged, it could have been cleared if you would have reported it.
There was no soap dish in the room. The owners had not put 1 in shower & we have not had anyone mention it since that room was redone a couple years ago. That also could have been installed if you reported it. there is a soap dish in there now.
The only ligit comment that you submitted was the small amount of rust on the bottom of the frig. We have replaced the frig. I doubt that a little rust on the frig made this the "worst stay of my life".
When you requested a call. You did get a call from me. We did play phone tag a couple days, but I did call you, couple times & left messages. During the phone call when we did speak, you would not even let me finish a sentance. Just kept cutting me off. listened over a 20 minutes l & I couldn't even get a full sentence out, due to you interupting. But you kept saying "I know it's not the Ritz, but"
maybe next time you should book the Ritz at $400-$800 a night oppose to hotels that charges $135-$160.
I am sorry you did not bring up you issues in a timely manner where something could have been done for you. However making a long list of false issues at checkout will not help you to get a free night.