“Wonderful accomodations for the price”

Gulfcoast Inn Naples
Ranked #38 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Metamora, Michigan
“Wonderful accomodations for the price”
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We stayed at the Gulfcoast Inn this past December and absolutely have no complaints. It is not the swankiest place in Naples for sure but we were very comfortable in our room. It was very clean, quiet at night and the pool is nice and warm. Having Harold's ( a very popular nightspot with the locals) right outside our room was very nice and the staff there were warm and friendly. Not only would I go back, we are going back in March. We are both looking forward to our return visit to the Gulfcoast Inn! Shopping for food is really within walking distance if you can carry it all back. Panera Bread and Walgreen's within walking distance. There is Fujiyama Steakhouse and a Sushi Bar located in the hotel but I'm vegetarian so I can't attest to their quality. The on-site laundry was also a plus for us.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 December 2010

OK -- so my expectations were pretty low when I learned the block of rooms reserved for me and my colleagues was at Tripadvisor's 49th ranked hotel out of 57 hotels in Naples, FL.

From the highway, it really looks like a total dump. I would never choose to stay here from the exterior appearance alone.

However, our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It had a kitchenette which we didn't use, but I could see it being handy for others. Truthfully, the room had a dated TV, bedding and bathroom fixtures -- but other rooms I saw were nicer. Hotel staff was very courteous.

The best part? The outdoor pool is really nice. But, what really made it for me was having Harold's Restaurant/Bar right there. An outdoor, thatched-roof, tiki-hut kinda place adjacent to the pool. Great flat screen TVs for sports viewing. Attentive and friendly staff. It felt like a throwback. I'm 45 and felt pretty young against the rest of the crowd, but there were plenty of 30ish types, too. This place has character and clearly draws a loyal, local crowd with a Margaritaville kinda vibe. Hysterical (and popular) karaoke on Sunday afternoons (I was dared to partake, but I had to leave for the airport before my name came up).

This place really grew on me over my stay. It's got style and character. Yes, a little rough around the edges (if you don't like your room -- ask to see another one since I saw great variety from room to room) and it's not new or even newer. But if you're looking for budget accommodations in Naples and find the big chain budget hotels lifeless, you might give this place a try. Consider it an adventure.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Naples
Reviewed 28 November 2010

This is the best value in Naples area, After checking several places, this seemed to be the best & it was. Great stay, will be back serveral times a year. they have 3 resturants at the hotel. 1 is a sushi bar, I don.t eat sushi, so I don't know. the other 2 were great. 1 of the other rest. is Fujiyama steakhouse. Where they cook all the food at the table. I was awsome. they offer a 2 night package with dinner & drinks. great deal, but you have to call hotel direct to book package. not avil on-line. the bar & grill poolside is great. all sports on, kareoke on sundays & best burgers i have ever had.
out all the places I checked, this pool area is the best.
the rooms are standard size, but have all you want & need.
frig, micrwaves, coffee makers, dvd players in some rooms, but had movies & players avail at desk. staff is great. very nice.
the rooms are clean & comfortable. will be back sevral times a year. great getaway.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2010

The non-smoking room we had needs to be gutted out and totally redone. There was mold throughout the room. The lampshades were filthy and the lamp fixtures over the beds were old and rusting. The bathroom was disgusting....the tub was old and faded and dirty, the shower curtain didn't even fall to the edge of the tub so that everytime you took a shower, all water ended up on the bathroom floor. The ceiling over the tub was falling in. There is only one small sink outside the bathroom which is used for a kitchen/bathroom sink. Its gross to have to shave and brush your teeth in a "kitchen" sink. The little sink and the tub do not drain properly and while taking a shower, the water fills the tub to the top of the tub. The small refrigerator is nothing more than a cooler; if you have something that is already cold, then the "cooler" will keep it cold, but if you put in a warm soda or something, it takes hours for whatever you put in to become cold. There was no wifi in the room as advertised. Limited TV stations.....TV always said "searching for signal" or "no service". The rug was disgusting. It was a gross dark green color, which hides the dirt and mold nicely. The mattresses are not firm and are worn. There was garbage behind the nightstand from previous people who stayed there. The continental breakfast is not too great. The only thing they offer is doughnuts, bagels, coffee & juice. They have a waffle maker, but it was broken and alot of guests were upset that it was not working. We bought the "getaway package" and would have asked for our money back, but would have lost our money due to their cancellation fees. So we were stuck there. We didn't stay the whole stay.....we left a day early since we could no longer stand to be there. The website is misleading......looks alot better on the computer than in person. We are very sorry we chose this hotel and will never return. JJ (management) called us today to discuss our "comment card" and offered to give us a free night stay, but we declined.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunfire609

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

columbus, oh
Reviewed 1 April 2010

The hotel is located right in Naples, and has better pricing than all the other hotels that we checked in the area. 1 mile from the beach, walking distance to mutiple stores & rest. The room we had was all we needed. standard size but not missing anything else. had frig, micrwave & coffee maker. The pool area is the best, large heated pool surronded by the most beautiful landscaping. the Tiki bar poolside was our favorite, best burgers I've ever had. Also had 2 other rest. A sushi bar, which I don't eat, so won't coment, But Fujiyama Steakhouse was great, my daughter loved it. Will be the only place we stay in Naples.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Naples
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My husband and I spent the night away from the kiddos to be spontanious and we stood at the Gulfcoast Inn and enjoyed a great dinner at fugiyama's and it was romantic. We later went to Harold's place and enjoyed drinks by the fireplace (it was 45 degrees). Our room was cozy and clean. Breakfast waffles were good. We had a great stay. Won't be our last.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicaco, IL
Reviewed 9 March 2009

We were very disappointed in this hotel. We also read the great reviews and had high hopes but we didn't like the place. It seems more geared to heavy drinkers and heavy smokers, which doesn't describe us at all. The room, although marked as non-smoking, smelled of smoke and the longer you stayed the more apparent this became. We couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family