“Great Hotel”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #32 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. It has a European feel to it. Rooms were beautifully furnished. Pool was warm. Staff were friendly. I liked the location too because we were able to walk via pedestrian tunnel over to the restaurants ad shops in Tin City.

Room Tip: Bay view is nice while the opposite side faces traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 January 2012

I'm writing on behalf of my 83 year old aunt who decided to take a trip by herself out to Naples for the Christmas holiday. She was originally supposed to spend 3 days there but when I spoke to her by phone she was so elated with the experience that she extended her stay by another 2 days. She said the service was impeccable. The manager even drove her into town to buy a phone card. She ordered a Mai Tai on her first visit to the bar and was greeted with one every time she went back. She said the room was super clean and every one of the staff members made the experience unforgettable. Tours of the area every day added to the richness of her experience there. She'll be back!

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Location to downtown was good. Keep in mind if you like to sleep with the window open the traffic noise may be disturbing depending on the room location. Staff friendly, rooms clean, comfortable and good size. Elevator was very slow, not sure how convienent stairs were as a backup. Offered covered parking and shops/resturants nearby. Price reasonable. I would consider staying here again if I was looking to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in room close to main road, may be worth the upgrade and price to stay toward bay
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Everytime I visit Naples, FL I stay at the Bayfront Inn on Fifth. It's like paradise. The rooms are always so clean and the customer service exceeds my expectation everytime.

Room Tip: Penthouse is a must. From size to view.
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My business takes me to Naples one to two times a month and I always stay at the Bayfront. I find the the rooms comfortable and the staff extremely helpful and accomodating. I was happy to learn that Nicolas was recently and deservingly promoted to desk manager. I have found him to always go out of his way to make my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank XYZ1211
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I took a trip to Naples with my Wife and Son and my Wife wanted to stay as close as possible to 5th Ave shopping and dining, as well as near the Beach. My love of boating had me drawn to the Marina area that is just outside of the Bayfront Inn 5th Ave so we chose to stay there. The Hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the Bar area that overlooks the Marina as well as the fact that this location was mere blocks from all we needed to enjoy our visit. Their rates were quite affordable considering the amenities, location and upscale decor. My Wife and I plan to return to frequently and I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else other than this hotel which we had a great experience with. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room overlooking the Marina.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Peekispop
Reviewed 6 December 2011

A romantic weekend turned into physical threats by the front desk manager, Nicholas. We selected BayFront Inn as the hotel for a special weekend. She lives in Ft. Lauderdale and I live in Tampa, so we thought Naples would be a good meeting destination. We arrived Friday evening and were set to check out Sunday. I called Sunday morning and scheduled us for a late checkout. We wanted to try and maximize the amount of time with each other. We were running slightly behind schedule (she surprised me with a couples massage down the street on 5th Ave). Checkout time was 1pm. We raced back to the hotel and started packing at 12:50pm. We finally had all of our bags packed and we were ready to leave when we received a phone call at 1:25pm. This phone call would certainly ruin the entire trip for us. She answered the phone and proceeded to stay silent for the next few minutes while the front desk manager, Nicholas, berated her. She politely asked him to lower his tone, but the harassment continued until she finally hung up the phone. He called back. Keep in mind it is 1:30 now and we are trying to walk out the door. I answered and Nicholas proceeded to give me a verbal lashing telling me that "we need to get our -- and get out". At this point we are completely speechless. We had no altercations or problems leading up to this. I asked for his name and after telling me his first name he followed up with it by aggressively telling me to "just wait because he was headed up to the room".

At this point we are afraid this Manager is going to show up and cause physical harm. He then pounds on the door. We open the door and Nicholas again proceeds to yell at us and tell us how rude we are for staying past our checkout time of 1pm. Keep in mind it is about 1:35pm. He continued his verbal thrashing for a few minutes and ended it with "Get the -- out of my hotel before I slap you". We tried several times to shut the door so we could grab our bags, but Nicholas put his foot in the door stopping us from closing it. We were finally able to reason with him in letting us shut the door so we could grab our things and get out of there.

Granted we were past our checkout time by 25minutes, but never in my life would I have expected to be treated this way. We were two paying customers being threatened with physical violence because we were 25 minutes past checkout. We honestly felt assaulted and afraid. Hopefully they will correct this issue and fire this employee. I know we will never go back if he is still employed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jworm119
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Sir, although I deeply regret the circumstances which occurred during your stay, you have not shared a truthful account. To an experienced Trip Advisor reader I feel that your review will appear to be suspicious, and very out of character for our hotel. Sir, you had requested a 1:00 late checkout which our front desk had granted to you (1:00 being the latest we will allow a guest to check out and not be charged for a partial day) It is necessary that check out times are adhered to because many times another guest is in the lobby or restaurant waiting to check into a room that you may be occupying and or housekeeping is waiting to service that room. At 1:30 our housekeeping staff informed the front desk manager that you had still not checked out of your room and also that there appeared to be a disturbance coming from inside the room that could be heard by the other guests in the hotel. After investigating the disturbance the front desk manager at his discretion waited to give your room a reminder call at approximately 1:40. The first time that he called he was hung up on the second time he called you were angry and abusive over the phone. When our manager personally came to your room you were physically aggressive and your posture was threatening, standing only inches away from his face as you insulted him (This was witnessed by hotel staff). It was at this point that you became an unwelcomed guest at the hotel and were asked to leave, which you refused. It was only when the circumstances escalated to extreme, and that you were threatened with police action that you gathered your things and left the hotel. We have recorded video footage of you coming to the front desk and shaking our front desk manager’s hand and apologizing as you leave the hotel. The quote that you have chosen to share was the end result of your abusive and demeaning treatment of another human being who finally was broken down and lost his composure. It is extremely unfair that you would center your review on this one individual and this statement, but give a completely untrue account of the actual circumstances, your own behavior, and your abuse of our staff. The Bayfront Inn strives to treat all individuals who enter our property from guests, to staff, to service people, with the highest level of dignity and respect. With this in mind an extreme circumstance is capable of pushing a normally calm respectful individual to a point where they lose control and do or say something that they would not normally do or say. Our manager has been disciplined, and retrained regarding his loss of composure, however because of your severe treatment of him and his past excellent reputation the hotel could in no way justify his termination. Although we apologize for this and have personally spoken with you regarding this, you have chosen to use Trip Advisor as means of extracting vengeance over a situation for which you hold a major portion of responsibility, and this is not the intended purpose of Trip Advisor. We appreciate the opportunity given to us by Trip Advisor to respond to your review and believe that the Trip Advisor readers will continue to rely on the high opinions and reviews of our many satisfied guests. It is also our belief that the Trip Advisor readers will regard your review as a suspicious and an incomplete account of a very unfortunate event that occurred at the Bayfront Inn, and definitely not a typical occurrence.