“Why can't I use the pool”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Why can't I use the pool”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

First of all the lunch at the hotel was absolutely incredible..... After the one hour wait to get your food. After check in no one would offer to pick up our luggage are even to show us where the elevator was, being it was on two different floors. Then we had the issue with the bathroom, I am pretty sure that the toilets that are in that hotel was taken out a Barbie doll house, since they were only maybe 9 inches off the floor... And if you want to use the toilet paper you have to be a contortionist to turn to pull the paper!!! And the pool is locked with a chain and security will not allowed anyone in that pool the moment that Sun Goes Down which even if you wanted to go out and get in the hot tub before you go to bed they would not allow it at all. Then the noise from the band in the bar downstairs I was on the second floor I could not even hear my TV until they stop playing at about 1030 that night. I will say that will be my last night ever staying in the hotel I will make a point to make sure to tell all my friends the exact same thing... A hotel that does not care about their guest!!! Patrick Scott Room 219

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cleanu
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Im very happy you enjoyed your lunch but so sorry you had to wait! We are a cozy, (84) room boutique hotel. This can be uncomfortable for a guest who is used to a larger hotel...I am so sorry. The hours of our pool are regulated by The City Of Naples and it is allowed to be open from sunrise to sunset. Im so sorry this was disappointing to you, I wish we could change this but, unfortunately we must follow the conditions of our license. Out of respect to our guests our entertainment in our bar is from 6PM-8PM on Friday nights, and from 6:30-9:30 on Saturday nights. Perhaps it may have seemed like 10:30 to you but let me assure that because we have so many guest rooms that overlook our bar area we are very strict about our hours of entertainment. Finally, you made a comment about a hotel that does not care about its guests? Did you speak to a manager during your stay about any of your concerns? We care very much about our guests and when we are aware of a guest having an issue we will go above and beyond to try to please that guest. Im so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Please feel free to contact me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com if there is something that we could do that would make you feel better. At the very least let me pay for your lunch that you waited so long for.
Thank you for giving us a try. Best wishes in your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
miami
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here last night and have mixed feelings. The hotel is cute, small but nice rooms. The staff is friendly (especially our waiter this morning). On the downside, I paid extra for a room with a view, but I got a room that looked out onto the roof of the bar, with minimal water view. The extra $ I paid wasn't worth it. Also, I know it's a small hotel, but since my room was close to the elevator, I could hear all the noise from people talking, opening/closing doors, rolling their luggage etc. this morning I was woken up at 7 am by what I assume was the staff preparing for breakfast. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, but if I were to return I would ask for a city view room further up and away from the elevator.

• Stayed November 2013
I am so sorry that you did not have a nice view of the bay from your room and felt the area you were in was noisy. Please contact me back I would like to refund your upgrade fee. Thank you for your many nice comments about our property. Please keep me advised of your future travel plans to Naples. Next time you are here I would like to provide you with an upgrade to our luxury floor. We hope to see you back soon. I can be reached at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com.
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Staying at the bayfront is such a pleasure. The entire staff, from the front desk, waiters, and housekeeping are totally friendly and cater to your needs.Voiteck and Milos ,our waiters, remembered us from our last stay in June 2012.
Our bayfront room was comfy and cozy over looking the harbor.A nice view to wake up to after a great night sleep in the pillow top king bed.The walk in shower was great with plenty of hot water..The towels were plush and looked new.The Euro sink did drain slowly.
Our Belguim Waffle breakfast with strawberry's and cream was good with the fresh orange juice.
The location is perfect to walk around Tin City and the marinas.
We look forward to our next stay . Thank the staff for all the wonderful Hospitality.
Bill and Chris Long.

Room Tip: It is important to book a bayfront room. We prefer a upper floor . Our #319 was great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy that you have decided to make us a regular getaway! Thank you for your nice review of our property. Im glad you enjoyed the view of the bay from your room and found everything comfortable, and cozy, as it should be. I will be sure to mention to our staff to please check Trip Advisor for your review. We will look forward to your next visit!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel was great-- location is perfect can easity walk down 5th avenue into the heart of downtown Naples, and also the Tin City shopping and restaurants are directly across the street easily accessible using the pedwalk under the busy road. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms were modern and updated. Due to space somet hings can seem semi cramped- so they could lose some of the larger furniture like the chaise lounge as didn't fit that well along with the king size bed. Also the front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful the one time we came back during our room being cleaned and needed to get more towels asap.
I would 100% stay at this hotel again if ever in Naples, also the cost couldn't be beat for the quality.

Room Tip: definitely pick a bayview room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy that you found us clean, comfortable, convenient, and a great value. Thank you for your suggestions regarding room furnishings and placement. I am very happy also that you found our front desk staff friendly and accommodating to your needs! Thank you so much for your nice review, we will look forward to your next visit.
Bradenton
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at this property on Nov 1 & 2. The personnel at the front desk were very polite but not professionally trained. They are trained to answer the incoming calls fast but not trained to properly handle all questions from guests or potential guests.
When we checked in the front desk was not busy with any other guest so there was no reason for the employee to rush through the check-in process. She rushed us through the process in about 2 minutes. Never did she advise us of where the restaurant or bar was, didn't even mention that there was a pool. There was a sign in the lobby about construction but never did she mention anything about it. We needed assistance with our luggage but she didn't mention anything about where to find a luggage cart or if anyone was available to assist us with our luggage. We called down to the desk after we unpacked and asked for a low to moderate priced restaurant near the hotel. She recommended 2 restaurants. We researched both of her recommendations on line to find that they were extremely expensive. One of them had entrees starting at about $25.00 up to $45.00. We surely don't call that low to moderate pricing. We spent over an hour doing our own research to find a terrific moderately priced Italian Restaurant named Cosmos Ristorante, about 5-10 minute drive from hotel. They had wonderful Italian food. Total price including 2 glasses of wine was a bit over $40.00.
Later the same day we asked the same female rep at the desk if she knew anything about the water shuttle. She gave us a printed schedule. When we asked her how much it was she didn't know. Then asked her if you pay 1 price for unlimited stops or do you pay again on the return trip. She said that she's heard various pricing. We were upset that she didn't know the answer or didn't seek an answer for us.
Sunday morning check out was very disappointing for a few other guests. They wanted to check out at the desk and couldn't find anyone there around 7:30 am. Later they found out that the front desk clerk was delivering newspapers on each floor of the hotel. There was no sign at the desk asking guests to wait. When the male clerk returned to the desk he never apologized to any of the guests for the wait.
Guest room (406) was clean but as many other guests have written, small in size. Bed was very comfortable but all 4 pillows were old and quite lumpy. We requested a small refrigerator which was never inspected for cleanlilness. It was filthy which we took the liberty to clean ourselves. The room a/c did not keep a constantly good temperature and noise from the compressor kicked in, it was very loud. We were going to request a different room except we overheard a desk clerk tell another guest that they were at capacity.
Drinking glasses in any hotel room must be sanitary and the 2 drinking glasses in the bathroom were made of glass and unwrapped. This is extremely unsanitary and no one should ever drink from unwrapped glasses.
On a good note!! We ate in the restaurant 2 times and both times were great experiences. Gasha waited on us both times. He is GREAT!! Very attentive and well trained.

Room Tip: Very noisy from outside traffic. Ask for a quieter room, if possible.
1 Thank Mark B
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Wow, I am so sorry. We do have a front desk staff person who is in training and they are extremely nice, but are still learning the ropes. Thank you so much for pointing this out to us. She has met with her supervisor and will receive additional training in the areas where there is still some uncertainty. I am so sorry that you were affected by this, however this is not a usual occurrence here at our hotel, and as you had stated was confined to only one front desk agent in particular. I am so sorry that we were missing a front desk agent at your check out time. Regardless of where they were in the hotel there should have been a sign out and they should have apologized when they returned, this also is an unusual circumstance here at our hotel. As you mentioned our rooms are a bit smaller than what you would find in a cooperate property. Many apologies for the other deficiencies you found upon arrival to your room. I will be meeting with our head of maintenance regarding your in room refrigerator as well as your air conditioning unit. One comment regarding glasses. Plastic disposable glasses are usually wrapped, but glass is usually covered with a sanitary cap, this is a common practice in most hotels. I am so happy that you enjoyed eating in our restaurant. Im not sure if you have spoken to any of our managers regarding the issues that you had during your stay but if you would like to email me personally, I would certainly like the opportunity to offer you some compensation for your inconvenience. Perhaps you might consider even giving us an opportunity for a "do over" sometime in the future. We really are a wonderful hotel and take a lot of pride in satisfying our guests.
I can be reached at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com
Andersonville, TN
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful time. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly. The Inn is in walking distance to good restaurants and shopping. You can also walk to the beach. Have breakfast at the on site Bambu Tropical Grill and enjoy the hospitality and great service from Milosh. Great place, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the bay front room for beautiful views of the bay.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all of your nice comments about our property. We are glad that you found us so convenient to all that Naples has to offer. I will be sure to have Milosh read your review, it makes our staff very happy when they please a guest and the guest mentions their name! We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed the weekend recently and had a nice time. The stone
crab festival was that weekend and reason for our visit from Ft. Myers.

We had the 4th floor bay view luxury double room. The room was
clean but was a lot smaller than anticipated. The bathroom was
very small and the shower had a double door that was hard to
maneuver. Since the shower was in that small of a bathroom it
was difficult to get in and out.The angle was hard to maneuver
and caution had to be used to make sure you didn't slip and fall.
There was nothing applied to the shower floor or walls to help
with footing or stability. Also the sink was about 80% clogged
and I had to try and push the water down with my hand. One
of my pet peeves is clogged bathroom sinks that hold water
when brushing your teeth and spitting in a full sink...yuk!

The furnishings in the main room was old and warn looking.
A positive was the bed and bedding was as advertised. The
problem is walls are thin and door let in a lot of hallway noise.
When other doors were closed nearby it sounded like it was
your door. We were a ways down the hall from the elevator
and as soon as people got off you could hear them talk all
the way down the hall. All this is very common problems with
older hotels. The bay view from the room was nice over a
small marina and the redeveloped condos.

We had the breakfast buffet and the cost was reasonable.
The food good was good but little attention was paid by
staff to refill or close the lids on the warmers. So the food
was cold or empty if you didn't pay attention to when it was
brought out fresh. It wasn't very crowded and we had to ask
to have a table wiped off before we sat down. It wasn't due to
lack of staff or too busy, it seemed the 4 that were attending
the outside deck wanted to spend more time behind the bar
talking or waiting for people to sit at the bar and order drinks
I watched them walk by the warming trays and not even look
at them.

Luxury is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. IMHO it's
just average, old and not so good with attending the outside
breakfast presentation.

All in...I have paid a lot less and had better. It's Naples and
on a small bay. I guess that's how they justify the higher fee.

Room Tip: We had 4th floor "luxury" double. Good view but noisy inside the hotel and late night fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom - Carla N
Thank you for staying with us during the Stone Crab Festival weekend! I am sorry that you felt your guest room, and bath was too small. We are a cozy, warm, and friendly (84) room boutique hotel and sometimes if one is more accustomed to a corporate experience they may not be comfortable at our property. I am sorry you were disappointed with your shower and guest room bath area; I wish we had known, perhaps we could have provided a skid free mat for your convenience. Our sinks although very beautiful use what’s called a "European drain" which does not have a vent. This does cause the water in the sink to drain more slowly and they can tend to clog more easily than a traditional sink, I am very sorry. I am also sorry that you felt our furniture was old and warn looking. Our decor is Caribbean Chic which does have a distressed look, but our room furnishings do also require regular touch ups and maintenance. I will make sure that we are checking and completing this step in all guest rooms prior to check in. I’m so sorry that you were disturbed by noises in the hallway. We are a smaller hotel, which combined with a sold out night can mean extra activity (and noise) in our common areas, and hallways. I’m very sorry that you felt that our breakfast buffet was not well attended to and I will certainly speak with our food and beverage manager regarding your review. Regretfully, I wish I could offer you more in response to your comment "Luxury is sometimes in the eye of the beholder" As you read through our many Trip Advisors reviews you will see that the vast majority of our guests are extremely happy with their experience here at our hotel. We are proud of our property and staff, and although we are certainly not perfect we do try very hard to provide all of our guests with good value, and an enjoyable, memorable experience. Sometimes a guest may be accustomed to or expecting a different experience and because of this their personal preferences may not make us their ideal travel choice. In such a case all that we are able to say is " We are sorry". All of your comments will be taken very seriously, and I promise you that the ones that are fixable, will be fixed.
If you like you may contact me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com, as I would like to offer you a full refund of your breakfast charges as well as a partial refund for your room charges because you were unhappy with your accommodations and were disturbed by noise in your hallway. Finally I would like to thank you for being patient during your stay, and giving us a try. Best wishes to you in your future travels.