We had a fairly good experience with this hotel last year and chose to use them again this time. What a mistake! Although I was aware of the traffic noise due to its' busy corner location, the hotel made no mention of the fact that it was under heavy construction. What ensued was a nightmare of workers making all kinds of noise, in one case starting before 7AM!!. A cherry picker being used for tree trimming beeped every time the arm was raised or lowered, and they moved it a LOT. It was like sonic torture. To make matters worse, it went on all day, so even if you tried to take a nap, that was impossible too.
The second morning, after I complained about the noise, they assured me that it wouldn't happen again. That day it started about 8:30 and went on all day as usual. We tried the hotel coffee shop for a bleary-eyed brunch, and were treated to lack-luster service, mediocre food, and what was undoubtedly the worst cup of coffee either of us had ever encountered.
This is an old hotel, a former Comfort Inn or something like that, and its' age is showing. The sinks drain poorly, the doors are ill-fitting, the windows don't seal well and let in outside noise as if they are open. So between old-style heavy wooden doors banging until after 1:30 AM and contractors starting up by 7:45 AM (and in one case even earlier!), we were so sleep deprived when we left there that we vowed to never return. Be warned, even if they finish this hotel it'll still be wanting in many areas, and there are much better choices close nearby like the much newer Holiday Inn Express.
For the record, there was no fridge or microwave in our room facing the city, so this must be a new downward change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayfront Inn on Fifth has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation to become Naples only waterfront downtown luxury boutique hotel. Discover our Caribbean chic decor, while your senses are relaxed into a state of bliss. We are conveniently located on 5th Ave., within walking distance to gourmet restaurants, shopping, art galleries and night life. Discover the Naples waterways with a charter boat or one of our experienced fishing captains, located at our 12 slip marina. We invite you to explore the tastes of the tropics with a romantic getaway filled with tropical sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bayfront Inn 5th Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Inn 5th Ave Hotel Naples
- Bayfront Hotel Naples
- Bayfront Hotel 5th Ave
- Bayfront Inn 5th Ave Naples, Florida