“Convenient location”

Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Naples, Florida
“Convenient location”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in January for a few days. The best thing this hotel has going for it is the staff. Voiteck and Alex at the bar are a delight and were the reason we stayed to eat and drink. The restaurant is under renovations so the menu is limited. However, whoever is cooking is doing a great job...everything we ate was delicious. Housekeeping is friendly and we were surprised that our room was cleaned thoroughly by the time we came back from breakfast. The biggest problem this hotel has is that the windows have pull down shades that allow a lot of light to come in at night. Add that to the street noise (single pane windows) and the loud air conditioner that runs all night, and you can't get a good nights sleep even though the beds are comfortable. If you book, make sure you ask for a room in the back of the hotel overlooking the bay. We had to stay an extra day due to weather in New York and could only get a room in the front of the hotel. I challenge the manager to sleep in one of these rooms. The parking lot is lit up like a runway and the amount of light in the room is unbearable. Please, change the shades to black out curtains as most hotels. Not only would that block the light, but it would also cut down on the outside noise.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the bay are a must
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! Im so happy you enjoyed our restaurant and staff. Im very sorry that you did not feel our shades were sufficient, and the lighting in our parking lot was too bright, this is actually a new comment for us. In regards to our windows these will be replaced during the next phase of our renovations. Im sorry that you did not get a good night sleep while you were here. One of the beauties of our hotel is that we are located on the water but also very close to downtown Naples. This can pose a challenge depending on the individual and what they are accustomed to because we do have "city noise" all around us, especially on the side of the hotel that faces the city. Sometimes a property is simply not a good travel choice for an individual and we realize that we may not be for everyone. We appreciate you giving us a try and wish you all the best in your future travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 days with friends and we all really liked it! Room was nicely decorated and clean, bathroom very clean and updated, and the bed was very comfortable! Our room did not have a mini frig. The rooms didn't seem to be very well insulated, could hear lots of noise in the hallways! They have a restaurant in the hotel, its very good food with a great view but the service is VERY slow....took us over 2 hrs to get breakfast one day! Management did correct the problem from then on with a buffet for everyone!! The hotel is in a GREAT location, you can walk to Tin City and downtown! Pool is very nice as well!! Over all I would diffently stay here again when we return to Naples!!

Room Tip: I would ask to over look the water!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and had many nice things to say about our property. You may request a mini fridge and a microwave oven when staying with us and they are always FREE of charge. So sorry breakfast service took so long for you. Our policy is breakfast buffet if we are over 70% occupancy and we were during your stay so there definitely should have been a buffet that day. This was just an oversight and as you stated, it has been corrected. Please contact me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com so that I may post a credit to you for your breakfast charges that day. I am so glad that you enjoyed our location and found us so convenient to all that downtown Naples has to offer. We hope you will return soon.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel itself in great location and it was a nice stay. After leaving the hotel though I was charged twice by the hotel and have got no customer service yet, just the run around. Manager will call you back and I never get a call or they tell me to call another day when a manager will be in. I don't think I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank radawalk
I am so sorry. Can you please contact me at generalmanager@bayfrontinnnaples.com with some additional details of your stay so that I can make you happy. This should not have happened and I am so sorry that you have been inconvenienced. Its a shame for you have had such a good experience with us and then have it tarnished by such a simple thing to fix. I will look forward to hearing back from you.
Fairlawn, Ohio
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel was as promised: boutique, well-maintained and priced right. We used TravelZoo vouchers w/$25 food credit and drink coupons (2) for each night booked. Loved the location! Sitting on the patio looking over the bay is awesome! Walked to 5th Ave two nights and under 41 to Tin City. Took advantage of the use of "beach chairs" when we went to Marco ... saves $$ @ the beach. Would highly recommend! One caveat: don't buy the candy in the little store ... needed my chocolate fix and the Snickers was STALE! I should have known that they don't sell many when the desk clerk had to look up the price. Only a $1.25 of an issue, no big deal. Would definitely book again.

Room Tip: We had second floor street side...we ran fan only all night to drown out the noise. Not bad @ night...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Im very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have so many of our guests who have been able to take advantage of our Travel Zoo deals! Im very sorry about your candy bar. I will make sure that our gift shop supervisor is more careful with our rotation of stock. Hope to see you back on our next Travel Zoo offer!
corning
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a pretty neat hotel - apparently it has been recently remodeled. Our room was really nice - lots of towels, extra pillows, robes, etc in the room. We had a drink on the terrace in the evening and breakfast buffet in the garden room the next morning...breakfast is NOT included in the price of the stay...just a heads up. The hotel is located across 41 from Tin City with an access tunnel under the bridge...easy access to Tin City as well as historic Naples, and other area attractions. There are several restaurants, bars, and high end shops in the bayfront complex, as well as a marina. Our room was on the street side, first floor but traffic and noise were not really noticeable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your many nice comments about our property. We are also happy that you found our location so convenient to Tin City, and our local restaurants. Did you know that our marina is home to our own Bayfront Rentals? Next time you stay with us you need to try taking a kayak ride down The Gordon River, so many nice things to see.
We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel last weekend. We have never been to Naples before and we had a wonderful time. The hotel is a little overpriced for what you get, but I guess that is what to be expected this time of year in south Florida. The rooms were clean and the hotel itself felt taken care of. Check in/check out were very smooth and easy. The people at the front desk were always helpful and friendly. We asked for a fridge and it was brought right to our room. I was a little disappointed that the renovation wasn't complete, because when I booked in July, the website said it would be done Dec 2013. It seems they still have a long way to go. The best part of this hotel is location. It is so close in walking distance to many restaurants, bars and shops. It also sits on a beautiful marina. Request a room overlooking the water to enjoy this feature.
I can't say anything about the food at the hotel, because we didn't eat any meals there. There are so many places to eat and visit in Naples, we were always on the go. We did have a drink at the outside bar 1 night and it was relaxing, but as hotel bars go, a little pricey.
Overall, we had a great time in Naples and hope to come back someday.

Room Tip: Pick room on bayside.
1 Thank epd123
Thank you for staying with us. Overwhelmingly most of our guests find us to be a good value because of our location on the water, and that we are within walking distance to downtown 5th Ave, and even beaches. Did you know that we also offer a complementary shuttle service to the beach as well as many of our other local attractions. I am sorry that you did not think we were a good value. Keep an eye out for our Travel Zoo deals that we usually offer during our off season months. Also as you had mentioned we are currently adding more features to the hotel. I am sorry that our renovation was not complete on time for your stay, but hope you will try us again later on in the year. Im so glad that you did enjoy the view from your room and our location. We hope that you will try us again in the future.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We got married last weekend in Naples and all of our family reserved rooms (a total of 6) at this hotel for their stay. Needless to say, the AAA discounted price we all were given didn't even make this hotel a good deal or worth it given all of the things we experienced.

1. Check-in: It was horrible! 2 of the 6 parties got put into rooms that weren't in their names, credit cards didn't match, room keys didn't work and the discounted price was not documented on the reservations. Some people had to go back to the front desk 2 or 3 times to give a credit card because each time they were told they didn't have one on file. Check-in should be pleasant & easy- It's the first impression!!!!

2. Pool: The pool is very nice, clean and had plenty of chairs to layout on. The hot tub was clean and hot, perfect for relaxing in. The hotel offers small & large pool towels. At 9am we were told there were no large pool towels available. No one else was at the pool, not sure why none were available.

3. Hotel Bar: The bartenders are foreign exchange students, I applaud the hotel for giving them jobs. However they need some lessons in manners and bartending etiquette. The one gentleman, Ivan, takes our $5 bill for a $4 beer and in the midst asks, "can I keep the dollar?" Typically you don't ask to keep the change, if I want to tip you I will do so. The next transaction would've had approx. $0.23 in change, he kept it!
I had ordered a Bombay Saphire & seltzer, which is a drink I order often when out for cocktails. Bombay has a very unique taste, you can tell when it's in your drink or not. I couldn't taste it at all. I even had my husband try it and he said the same thing. I didn't say anything, it was late and I wasn't in the mood to make a fuss. Interestingly enough shortly after I see Ivan filling a Rose's Lime bottle with Taste of Florida Lime. I questioned him on why he was putting one into the other. He said, oh it's a nicer bottle. Well yes it was a nice glass bottle versus the plastic one. But don't be fooled, what he was doing was putting a CHEAPER product into a HIGHER quality bottle to make it appear as if you were getting the better product. Makes me think rail gin is in the Bombay bottle versus the real deal which would explain why I couldn't taste it.

Hotel Food: Due to the hotel construction, the hotel doesn't have a regular kitchen. The bartenders told us the make-shift kitchen located outside the pool gate is actually an old bathroom they converted so they could continue to offer some type of food. Slighty disgusting but okay. Several times we walked by the "kitchen" on our way to the pool and saw trays of food out in the open, uncovered. Once a pan full of bacon was on the ground. There are so many things wrong with this! I am just glad we never ordered any food.

4. Maid service: While our maid service was fine and our room was cleaned every day, there were 2 parties in our group that didn't get their rooms cleaned one night. The explanation they received was "we're sorry, but we were just too busy and fell behind. You'll have to wait until tomorrow" NOT sure why this is our problem but perhaps you should hire more staff.

5. The rooms are old and as people have mentioned they need some remodeling. The bathroom sinks don't train very quickly, the doors don't close correctly so there are gaps, the pillows are mushy (you'll need like 4 of them to prop your head up). If you get an upgraded bed you have to request the remote control and even then it might now work which is what happened to one of our family members. The showers are amazing, very good pressure. There are no screens on the windows, seems like a safety hazard to me. If you have small children you'd have to be certain they didn't open the window and fall to their death. Sounds horrible but let's face the fact that it could happen since they don't have screens on the windows and they slide right open.

6. Check-out: Once again, horrible! The same people who had issues at check-in because of being placed in someone else's room once again couldn't check out because the room was STILL in a diff. name. After a long conversation and more debate they finally checked out. Just a mess!

7. Location: Amazing! Blocks from 5th Avenue and across the street from Tin City. There is a tunnel that goes under 41 which makes access to Tin City safe and convenient. The Bayfront area is very nice and offers some very good restaurants, bars & salons nearby. Plenty of parking for everyone staying at the hotel too.

Doubtful we will stay here again, which is too bad because the location is awesome but the hotel just doesn't have it together.

Room Tip: When reserving a room, I would choose a room that faces the bay. The sunrise is beautiful in the mor...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank i2smile
I am so sorry that you were so disappointed with your stay with us.
Respectfully part of the reason your check in/check out was awkward was because a single individual booked all (6) of your rooms and held the rooms with their personal credit card.
I am sorry that we did not have large pool towels ready for you at 9AM I have spoken with our head of house keeping regarding this and she will be addressing with our laundry staff.
In regards to our bartenders etiquette, you are absolutely right. The bartender who served you is new to bar-tending and he should not have been working alone. He made several mistakes while he was serving you and I am very sorry. I have spoken with his supervisor and he has been corrected and trained properly. In regards to the "marrying" of two different types of lime juice this was an innocent mistake and again due to his inexperience as a bartender. In regards to substituting well liquor for call liquor this is illegal and not a practice at our hotel. The only explanation that I have for you is again because of his inexperience he served you well liquor instead of what you had requested, I am so sorry.
In regards to our temporary kitchen. The area you are referring to was once a pool bath. When we began our renovations our regular kitchen was closed to be remodeled and our pool baths were also closed and one relocated. We created a temporary kitchen so that we could still offer a light menu to our guests. The temporary kitchen although it was originally a pool bath was specifically remodeled for this purpose. Im sorry that the idea of this is upsetting to you. Also because this is located in a public area our guests at times will see food in various stages of preparation. I have spoken with the food and beverage manager regarding "a full pan of bacon on the ground" I do not know under what circumstances this would have occurred but it is certainly unacceptable and not our practice.
I have spoken with our head of housekeeping regarding your rooms that did not get serviced and "we're sorry but we were just too busy and fell behind, you'll have to wait until tomorrow" is not a response any of our supervisors would have given a guest. All of our room attendants are paid by the room, not by the hour so they stay until the last room is done. I wish I had another response, perhaps check again with the parties who say that their rooms did not get serviced, maybe there was a misunderstanding.
In regards to your comments about our rooms I'm sorry you felt our rooms were old and in need of remodeling, if you read our other reviews this is not a regular comment. In regards to upgraded bed also we have never had a single negative comment on one of our premium luxury room Sleep By Number beds not working, I am sorry that one of your family members had an issue with the beds remote control not working, I hope our staff resolved this for you quickly. I am sorry that our windows do not have screens and made you feel unsafe. This is also a new comment for us.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our location.
It sounds as though you had an unusually rough stay with us, and I am so sorry. We are very sad when any guest leaves our property and is unhappy. If you would like to respond to any of my comments with additional information I can be emailed at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com. Thank you for giving us a try and congratulations on your wedding!