“Choose Somewhere Else”

Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Boca Raton, Florida
“Choose Somewhere Else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I want to try to be fair and say the the location is great. It's right on the water.

Everything else has been not so good. I just arrived a few hours ago and although I'd requested a bayfront room and was told it was no problem by someone at the front desk, there was actually an upcharge. It took a while, but I was finally given the room I'd requested. Ok. No biggie

There seems to be a lot of confusion here. I was told three different prices by three people at the bike rentals. I ended up being told the difinitve price was the highest I'd been given. Then I ordered lunch and wasn't told about the extra fee to bring it to the room until it was on it's way. The food is the worst I've ever had at a hotel. I felt terrible, but threw it away and went down the street.

I also called the manager and never received a call back. Again, the location is great. I don't mind the small rooms or the noise, but everything else was really awful. The hotel seems old and has a distinct odor. My friend is getting married in Naples next month, so I came to scope out the hotel to see if it was someplace the wedding party might want to stay. We'll be looking somewhere else. Never again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rachelfayne
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Im so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have spoken with our reservations manager and she informed me that you reserved a city view room through expedia.com, and when you arrived at the hotel you requested a free upgrade to the bay. We do not offer complementary upgrades from city view to bay however front desk has informed me that you were very persistent. In regards to renting a bicycle, we only have (2) people on staff at Bayfront Rentals but there are (3) different rates for a bike depending upon how long you would like to rent for. 2 hour-$5.00, 4 hours-$20.00, and 8 hours $25.00. These prices are also stated on the rate card that is given to our guests. Im very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal from room service and if you will contact me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com, I will be sure that you receive a full refund. An additional fee for room service is standard in most hotels, I am sorry that you were not informed regarding this. I am sorry but I did not receive any messages from you during your stay. I wish that I had known your concerns while you were on our property, i promise you I would have done anything with in my power to try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Sorry that we weren't the right hotel for you. We wish you the best and hope you will find the perfect spot to stay for your friends wedding party guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Southeast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. On the positive side, it has a central location but after than it goes down hill quickly. Small rooms for a huge price, poorly appointed rooms, spotted linens, noisy, desk attendants seemed off their game and not much to offer for amenities. They post a sign in the elevator announcing they have Sleep Number Beds but they are only in the most expensive rooms (over $400 per night). I'll pick out a different hotel next time.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a "bay view" room on the back of the building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
We are so sorry that you were disappointed. I don't know that your two star assessment is really very fair in this case as everything that you stated really has to do with your personal preferences. As I have said before we are a boutique hotel which means we have a very specific theme and decor throughout our property. What one guest may not like another guest loves...It all depends on the person. In regards to noise we are located on Naples Bay in downtown Naples I am guessing from your review that you chose a city view room, these rooms do face the downtown area and depending on where you are from and what you are accustomed to you may hear occasional noise from traffic. On the other side of the hotel our rooms are facing Naples Bay and these rooms aside from having a beautiful view are also buffered from the sounds of our city. Im sorry that you didn't feel that our front desk was "on their game" I wish that you had been more specific so that I could speak with our front desk manager and find out what happened. In regards to our different mattress types, our advertising is very specific regarding our sleep by number beds and we advertise both types of mattresses used in the hotel in our elevators. Our standard mattress is a Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow Top which our guests love so much we actually sell them here at the hotel. Finally in regards to amenities we are interested in knowing which amenities you would have liked for us to have had available to you during your stay.
If you would like to email me at:
general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com I would be very appreciative. We rely on our guest comments so that we may hear from our guests perspective how we are doing and what we can do to improve. In the case of your review some more specific details regarding your comments would be very helpful. I am so sorry again that you were disappointed with your stay with us. I hope to hear back from you, and best wishes in your future travels.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you want a quiet place, do not stay here! From the banging of the noisy air conditioner to the jets flying overhead from the local airport, this is not quiet place. You can hear the doors of other rooms banging, and people talking. The breakfast buffet was cold and not too tasty. +

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lower floors near the patio. Too noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Im so sorry that you were disturbed by the noise at our hotel. We are located in downtown Naples which is a great convenience to our guests but like any city there is noise from traffic and even planes that occasionally fly overhead. We do have a small private airport that is located close to the hotel however I must say that planes flying in over the hotel is fairly infrequent. Im very sorry that the breakfast buffet was not hot enough, and that you did not like the food. Please email me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com so that we may offer you a refund for your breakfast. Thank you for staying with us.
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at the Bayfront 5th Avenue for 5 days as we prepared for our wedding on the Princess Naples sunset dinner cruise. Upon checking in the front desk was on the rude side and very short with any explanations about the hotel. When we arrived to our room and unpacked, the front desk came up and told us we needed to move to another room.....REALLY!?? As we got to our new room (2 floors up), the air conditioner was not working, there was NO refrigerator, NO closet to hang my wedding gown and no drawers to speak of for storage. The room was VERY small! I would compare it to a cabin on a cruise ship. There was NO complimentary coffee or tea in the lobby, so plan on paying $2.50 a cup! The bed was comfortable (but NOT the sleep number beds that they advertise) and the pillows were like MUSH! This hotel, I would compare to a cheap motel 6.......and their prices are ridiculous! I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone (friend or enemy!!)

Room Tip: There are no good rooms,,,,,,they are all the same with the exception of their Penhouse at $700-$800...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Although I respect your right to an opinion. There are a few points of clarification regarding your review that I would like to make. Regarding rude front desk, I'm sorry you felt this way but most of our Trip Advisor comments describe our front desk as very helpful and courteous. In regards to your AC not working I believe I personally spoke with you and you stated that you were setting your AC on 67 degrees. During the time of your stay our evening temps were in the 40s, we tried our very best to accommodate your special needs including evaluating you AC system 2X and even giving you a new AC to try to satisfy you, I am sorry that we were not able to make you happy. Your room does not come with a refrigerator however one was placed in your room immediately upon your arrival and was complementary (all of our refridgerators are offered complementary). In regards to no closet to hang your wedding dress this is true as we use armoires which are smaller than traditional hotel closets but most guest find this space adequate. In regards to no drawers there are actually (3) drawers in your combination entertainment center as well as drawers and storage in your night tables. We do not serve complementary coffee in the lobby but we do serve complementery coffee in your room. The coffee that we sell in our restaurant is $2.50 per cup however it is Illy Cafe which is a very nice coffee imported from Italy. Im sorry that you did not like our pillows, this is a new comment for us. Our sleep number beds are only advertised as being in our premium luxury rooms, not in all rooms. Our standard bed is a Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow top mattress. Your comment about our prices being ridiculous is your personal opinion and does not line up with the majority of our Trip Advisor comments. Finally our highest rate for our penthouse during season is $720.00. I don't normally like to respond to a guest in this manner however there was so much clarification needed in your review that in all fairness to our hotel and the Trip Advisor readers it was necessary for me to give a clearer picture of the circumstances of your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were so disappointed. I wish you all the best in your travel future and new marriage.
Moline, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Pros: Great bay view from our room. Very comfortable bed, slept very well. Easy check-in and out. Friendly front-desk staff, always smiling and eager to help. Curteous cleaning personnel and friendly bartenders. Good location, away from the crazy busy area, but yet close enough to everything. Very pretty area with a few shops and restaurants right behind the hotel and the Tin City is across the street.

Cons: The rooms are WAY too small. Our room was just not big enough for two people, even though we booked the Luxury King Room. The bathroom is so tiny that the rug gets in the way of closing the bathroom door and the sink's faucet is too small to wash the hands properly. The fan in the room is supposed to be in constant on mode (per instructions) and is very loud (I also didn't like to feel the big amount of air blowing at me every time I came over to the desk or window). The room lacks any character, just very plain and inpersonal. Also the musty smell in the room was very unpleasant. The hotel is in big need of an update. Parking was good, we never had an issue finding a spot.

We did not use the restaurant or the pool, so I don't have any comments on them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your nice comments about our property and staff. I am sorry that you felt our rooms were too small. As I have mentioned to other guests we may not be for everyone, it all depends on what the guests personal preferences are and what they are accustomed to. If you look at our reviews we have just as many guests or more describing us as "spacious" as we do guests who describe us as "small" and this doesn't seem to have to do with room type because all of our rooms are the same size. Same variation regarding decor, where one guest would describe us as lacking character, or "plain and impersonal" another guest will describe us as "stylish" or "well appointed". So sorry for the musty smell in the room. As you probably noticed we are currently in phase one of a two phase renovation so keep watching us, we are always trying to make improvements. Best wishes in your future travels.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were here for a small conference. The hotel was pleasant although some construction was going on while we were there. The staff was friendly. We paid extra for a bay view. Our room was on the 1st floor and our view was the parking lot, over trees we could see the bay. The room was clean. The bathroom was a little small but well appointed. I do not know Naples well but get the feeling this was a good price for the area.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for Bay View on 1st floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. Im glad that you liked our hotel and thought our staff was pleasant. I am sorry that you did not have a good view of the bay. If you contact me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com I will refund the cost of your upgrade fee. We would love to have you come back in the future and perhaps stay on our luxury floor. We only have about 5 rooms on the first floor that face the bay and the view is very different than floors 2-4. Thank you so much for your nice review of our property.
Alabama USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Bayfront Inn was a good, clean place to stay in Naples. We thought we would give it a try and it worked nicely for our purposes. Staff was courteous, rooms well appointed and the view from the bayside window was very nice. Downsides are (1) noise - private jets constantly taking off overhead and traffic from the nearby bridge and streets could be heard....especially in the early mornings.(2)Breakfast is not included; (3) within walking distance of downtown but difficult to navigate because of the very busy street corner. There was also a rennovation going on which limited use of the pool. Part of the reason we came to Naples was to get some sun! We probably won't consider this property again.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms are a must.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments about our property and staff. As I mentioned to the previous guest we are located on the water and very close to downtown Naples, this convenience does come at a cost but this does seem to vary from individual to individual as our reviews will certainly testify. Im sorry that the pool was not available during a portion of your stay, we have tried very hard to make our guests aware of our renovation conditions prior to their making their reservation but this has been very challenging for us and we so appreciate the patience of our guests during this awkward time for us. If you would like to consider a return after our renovations are complete I would certainly like to do something to make your stay especially nice. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.