“location good, room ok, but very noisy on street side”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Naples
“location good, room ok, but very noisy on street side”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

location close to center by foot, room size ok and tidy, no fridge, very loud when you are on street side, to bright in the room, next door room cleaning starts in the morning with very loud vacuum cleaner

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Im sorry that you were disturbed by the street noise, brightness of your room, and the sound of the vacuum cleaner in the morning. Your comments are so important to us and we are currently researching some ideas we have about how to make the hotel as quiet as possible. There are certain qualities of the hotel that are not changeable but there are other things that are, like a different type of vacuum cleaner. As I said we are looking into these areas and how we can change them to improve our guest experience. Please come back and stay with us again. Thank you for your review .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

From start to finish with wedding planning , Bayfront Inn and their staff were amazing. A real family feel... not like some of the bigger hotel chains We booked the Penthouse for the Bride and Bridesmaids to get dressed... beautiful pictures! and then the Bride and Groom stayed there after the wedding. No matter how much you plan, last minute is crazy and the staff came in and organized and made everything perfect... Total security... no issues with anything missing. Also,for our block of guests rooms, all that went fine, welcome bags all delivered ... Thank you so much Bayfront Inn!

Room Tip: All our guests were on both bayside and cityside and I didn't here any complaints from anyone. I...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for trusting us with your special day! Im so glad that you enjoyed our property and found our staff so responsive to your needs. We are a very small, extremely personal hotel, and we pride our selves on being warm, friendly, and accommodating. Congratulations! Please come back and stay with us again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I was slightly surprised when it came to this hotel. I was expecting a little more for the price but overall I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly, the sheets were very soft and they offered makeup removing towelettes (very much appreciated from a female perspective!). It is located right on the water which is very relaxing after a long day on the beach or traveling. The location was also convenient to several restaurants and shops, both upscale and low-key available. I was however disappointed with the room conditions- one of my windows was not sealed properly so I heard the wind howl all night, an entire phone conversation by my neighbor including his bathroom habits (which is how I knew it was a man... Gross! Very thin walls), and several slammed doors. The breakfast was decent- frozen bagels, biscuits and meat but the eggs & potatoes were edible. My favorite part was the fresh fruit! Check out was quick and efficient. Overall I'd give this hotel a 6/10

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Im glad that you found our staff friendly and our location so convenient. Im sorry that you were disturbed by the wind, we have had some unusually extreme weather for this time of year. We do have new windows scheduled for future renovation which may help with this. Sorry about your noisy neighbor, and slammed doors. We are working on a way to prevent this from happening. Glad you enjoyed breakfast, I will speak with our Food And Beverage Manager regarding the type of bagels we use. Thank you for staying with us.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Cute updated room though a bit small however the shower is large and there were great bath amenities. Friendly staff - great bartenders - enjoyed the breakfast buffet - wonderful bay view though wish we had a balcony! We picked this hotel because it has somewhat of a resort feel though it is not a resort. We really enjoyed the outdoor patio and tiki bar and the location was great. Close to downtown Naples, Tin City and very convenient for heading up to North Naples, Bonita Springs and Ft. Myers. It had a lot more to offer than the few other hotels on 5th Avenue - would have had to pay a lot more for beach front hotel and other comparably price hotels in the area were on business streets. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a bay view room - it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a nice review of our property. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are a smaller hotel but what we may lack in size we make up for in location, personality, and charm. Im so glad that you enjoyed our location, breakfast buffet, and staff, and also found us to be such a good value. Please come back and stay with us again.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice view, no balconies. The rooms have been remolded and are nice but are the size of a Comfort or Hampton Inn. The location is good and you can walk via a walkway under the street to Tin City. The pool was small but nice and clean. The staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor or above room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed our location and decor. Thank you also for your nice comments about our pool and staff. We hope you will return in the future.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Rm 416, smallish room facing city, but less expensive than bay front but over $200. Decent size bathroom, underground free parking, wi-fi, coffee maker safe and large flat screen TV but low-resolution. $12.95 breakfast buffet but EJ’s Café within 50 yards of hotel. Newspaper outside door in morning. Can I nitpick something? Why not? the shower head is on a slider with the highest position only about 5 feet above the tub but the wall mounted reading light switches are so high you can't reach them while lying on the bed and there is only a bedside table on one side of the bed....wifey got it. What am I chopped liver?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank You for staying with us. Im very happy that you enjoyed our waterside terrace. Im sorry about the position of the shower head in your room, and your light switches being too high. Sounds like from your description of the tub that you were staying in one of our handicap rooms. I will investigate a little further and see if there is anything that can be done to raise the shower head a little higher. I have also recently been thinking about a way to eliminate the switches on the headboard lamps and instead have the lamps turn on and off from a switch located next to the bed. I don't have the complete solution yet but I agree with you that it would be a nice change. Please come and stay with us again.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I want to try to be fair and say the the location is great. It's right on the water.

Everything else has been not so good. I just arrived a few hours ago and although I'd requested a bayfront room and was told it was no problem by someone at the front desk, there was actually an upcharge. It took a while, but I was finally given the room I'd requested. Ok. No biggie

There seems to be a lot of confusion here. I was told three different prices by three people at the bike rentals. I ended up being told the difinitve price was the highest I'd been given. Then I ordered lunch and wasn't told about the extra fee to bring it to the room until it was on it's way. The food is the worst I've ever had at a hotel. I felt terrible, but threw it away and went down the street.

I also called the manager and never received a call back. Again, the location is great. I don't mind the small rooms or the noise, but everything else was really awful. The hotel seems old and has a distinct odor. My friend is getting married in Naples next month, so I came to scope out the hotel to see if it was someplace the wedding party might want to stay. We'll be looking somewhere else. Never again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rachelfayne
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Im so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have spoken with our reservations manager and she informed me that you reserved a city view room through expedia.com, and when you arrived at the hotel you requested a free upgrade to the bay. We do not offer complementary upgrades from city view to bay however front desk has informed me that you were very persistent. In regards to renting a bicycle, we only have (2) people on staff at Bayfront Rentals but there are (3) different rates for a bike depending upon how long you would like to rent for. 2 hour-$5.00, 4 hours-$20.00, and 8 hours $25.00. These prices are also stated on the rate card that is given to our guests. Im very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal from room service and if you will contact me at general manager@bayfrontinnnaples.com, I will be sure that you receive a full refund. An additional fee for room service is standard in most hotels, I am sorry that you were not informed regarding this. I am sorry but I did not receive any messages from you during your stay. I wish that I had known your concerns while you were on our property, i promise you I would have done anything with in my power to try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Sorry that we weren't the right hotel for you. We wish you the best and hope you will find the perfect spot to stay for your friends wedding party guests.