“An OK hotel with a great price”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Using a special Travel Zoo offer the price was quite a bargain. While the address is listed on 5th Ave the hotel actually fronts on a side street that is a bit difficult to find. It is walkable to the shops and restaurants of 5th Avenue but it is a few blocks walk on a very busy street. It is located right next to Tin City which is fun to visit and has a couple of restaurants that are touristy but fun. The rooms are somewhat plain but seemed to be clean. We did not experience any of the noise that some of the other reviewers seem to find. The tiki bar is ok but is usually understaffed and it is somewhat difficult to get a drink during the happy hour period. But, the breakfast was really quite good for the included hotel room price. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay again if the same price was available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 13SpecialK
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of our most recent TravelZoo deal! Im glad you found us clean and comfortable, and convenient to so much that Naples has to offer. I am very sorry that our bar was understaffed during your visit. I will certainly mention your comment to our food and beverage director. We are a great value and will look forward to seeing you in the future. Happy travels! Barry

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful place inside and out!
Enjoyed the sleep number bed.. The pillows were amazing, loved the robe. The view is nice and calming. Restaurants, shopping and site seeing are near by. I can't say to much about the restaurant in the hotel. All in all it's a beautiful place for a getaway!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your many nice comments. It sounds like you really had a good time and were able to RELAX! We hope you will come back and stay with us again. Happy travels! Barry

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very noisy. We could eat the tv and the toilet flushing of the room above us all night... To the point where we could not sleep. When we brought it up to the front desk and asked them to move us, they told us to move I we would have to pay an additional $100 since we used a groupon. Not very accommodating . So for the next 2 nights we got very poor sleep. On vacation gettin poor sleep makes for crabby vacationers. Not fun. Everything
was way way overpriced (food) for the quality of the food. It was just ok. An there were constantly pest control people all over, not a good advertisement. I didn't notice any bugs though .

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lauren216
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Are you sure that you stayed at The Bayfront Inn in Naples Florida? We do not work with Groupon so if you purchased a deal from Groupon it would not have been for our hotel. I am very sorry that wherever you stayed that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Here's the scoop-the windows are at least half way up on the wall so you won't really see the bay unless you go over and look out while you are standing there. So I think, although I love a water view, that its best to go downstairs to the bar and look at the water rather than pay the upcharge. The breakfast here is much better than average with a wide choice of foods-this is no motel spread. The drinks are generous and there's a round bar and plenty of tables-short and tall to find a place if you don't wish to join the usually lively crowd around the bar. The rooms have been updated with glass door showers in place of the tub, the bed and pillows are comfortable and there's a Kuerig coffeemaker in the room. It is well located near downtown restaurants. The staff was amazing.They were definitely above average.

Room Tip: This is important to note if you have plans to use the pool or hot tub-they close at dusk or 7 which...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Texastravelers94

Thank you for staying with us. I know you said in your title "For the price its average" but your review really sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. Im sorry you felt your windows were too high to enjoy your view, did you mean while laying down in bed? Im very interested in knowing because we have never had a comment like this before. Thank you for your nice comments about our waterside terrace, your room, and our staff. We are glad that you enjoyed the Keurig coffee maker in your room, we have recently added these to all of our rooms and hope that this will make morning coffee easier for our guests to prepare. We hope that you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just spent two days at the Bayfront Inn and we loved it. We were able to take advantage of a two- night special which included two breakfasts and two drinks each day. The location is so nice. Easy walk to downtown and right on the bay. Room was not fancy, but clean and quiet. Coffee maker in the room. We were pleased with our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
-BarryGHiggins, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very happy that you found us to be a good value, with clean and well appointed rooms, and as you said a "Great Location". We hope that you will return to us in the future. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had booked this hotel for a 1 night stop with friends for his 65th birthday, when I read the reviews I was very worried about our stay but we were very very pleased with the hotel, the room was nice with coffee making facilities and the view over the bay was fantastic.
We didn't have any problem with noise and the location was perfect.
OK you had pay for breakfast but we knew we had booked room only so expected to pay the hotel or go out for breakfast, we stayed at the hotel and the breakfast was very good.
There was a decent happy hour at the outside bar with lovely bay views.
We had a great stay and would visit again if we visited Naples.

Room Tip: Choose bayside room away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special event with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We try so hard to make every guest happy but as I have said before, we may not be the perfect choice for every guest. Our happiest guests are the ones who have educated themselves on our property before they make their buying decision. We are a small family owned and operated boutique hotel so our rooms are not as large as some of the corporate hotels. Also we are located on Naples Bay and walking distance to downtown Naples. Being walking distance to downtown Naples is a very convenient feature however at certain times there may be private planes that fly overhead and noise from the downtown traffic, or even noise within the hotel because we are small (85 rooms). Although we may have several areas that certain guests may consider faults, considering our location, we are an extremely good value, and are also very warm, friendly, and comfortable. Thank you so much for staying with us and best wishes in your future travels.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am staying here for 13 days, while visiting family. On my first morning here, I slipped and fell out of the shower onto the bathroom floor.,landing flat on my back No one at the front desk knew anything about an accident report form. I wrote out what had happened and asked that it be given to the manager. After no response from management the second day I returned to the front desk and inquired why I hadn't been contacted. The manager assured me that she had sent many emails to the general manager. I then filled out an "incident report" It is the 11th day and no contact from management. My doctor's bill was approximately $500 and my kidney function is 33%. The doctor says that I go on dialysis at 15%.
BTW you can't get coffee at the lobby. Pay for it at the bar! I can't wait to go home!!!!
Oh you can get a refrig in your room, if you know to ask for one. Don't plan on sleeping before 2 a.m. weekends with the youths screaming in the halls/parking lot and slamming doors.

Room Tip: go some place else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HarryB72

I am very sorry that you fell while staying at our property and I hope that you are feeling better. As you know I was off property from May 2nd thru May 7th but I did have several email contacts with our front desk manager on May the 3rd who said she had tried to reach you by phone but was unsuccessful. I did request that she continue to follow up until she reached you and in addition to expressing that we were sorry that you fell, to please also have you complete an incident report. I did review in a later email contact that our front desk manager was able to meet with you and that you did complete an incident report form. I returned to the property on May 7th and received your hand written account of what had happened as well as our properties formal incident report. I was very surprised upon reading your Trip Advisor review because as far as my records indicated, your incident, as unfortunate as it was, appeared to have been managed correctly and that you yourself had not requested any further follow up from myself or any of our other managers. I am very sorry that our front desk agent was not able to provide you with an incident form when you requested it. This is usually handled by a manager but in the future we will make sure that our front desk agents also know where they are located. I am sorry that I was unsuccessful at reaching you by phone. I have had contact with you by email in which I have asked you some important questions and although you have responded to my email you have not actually answered my questions. As I stated in my last email to you I would be happy to arrange a conference call between you, myself, our front desk manager, and her assistant so that we may try to figure out how we have failed you. Please know that we care about you, but we can only work with the records we have unless you provide us with some different information. I am also very sorry that you were upset that we did not offer free coffee in our lobby, and that you were disturbed by some other guests during your stay. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, please do contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further.