“Super friendly staff, beautiful location, would definiely come back!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, New Jersey
“Super friendly staff, beautiful location, would definiely come back!”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I loved everything about this hotel. The staff was super friendly and they made sure we had everything we needed. They staff also sets up umbrellas, chairs and towels for you on the beach,..totally complimentary...and you can raise a little flag when you need a drink or something! I found that to be a very nice touch! I was pleasantly surprised as this was my first time in Naples and the beach was absolutely lovely! reminded me of the Carribean. The food in the restaurant was great!!! I was there as part of a conference and all of the food and snacks were amazing. I also noticed there was a vegan in my conference and they had a specially prepared meal for her every time! She raved about it too. Sunset was amazing!!!! Such a great experience.

The only complaint I have is that the Wifi is extremely slow! I was trying to get some work done and my 3G modem was actually faster than their WiFi. They really need to look into another provider or plan.

Overall, I would definitely come back with my family for a nice vacation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Thank you for your review of your recent visit at LaPlaya! We certainly appreciate your comments, nice to see a fantastic overall experience, I will be sure to share with the operating departments.

I will forward your review of the Wi-Fi to our IT department, typically our Wi-Fi is fast, as it's new equipment over the past year. We will check the bandwith to make sure it's running efficiently.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to see you back again soon!

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 3 May 2011

We came to La Playa for some much needed rest. I would have been happy with an extra hour of sleep and a little bit of sun, but what we got was so much more. We stayed in the Bay Tower, across a small street from the main resort, and our room was awesome. It was tastefully decorated, very clean and spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Best of all, it had a furnished balcony overlooking the bay. I honestly could have spent our entire stay relaxing on the quiet balcony, but I’m glad we ventured out to explore the rest of the resort. The beach was beautiful and the pool area was expansive enough to accommodate many guests without feeling over-crowded. One night we decided to have dinner at the resort restaurant, which turned out to be a great decision. The staff was friendly and attentive without being over-bearing, and the food was amazing. I’m from San Francisco and have been to my share of fine-dining establishments and the meal at Baleen was easily one of the best I’ve had.

For the length of our stay I experienced that oh-so-elusive feeling of total relaxation, and I give La Playa full credit for that. I highly recommend this resort and plan to return someday soon!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of LaPlaya! We feel that our Resort is the best out there when it comes to pure relaxation, and we are happy to see you agree!

Our tranquil resort setting, and proximity to the beach, allows many of our guests to same wonderful relaxing experience! Agree, it is tempting just to sit on the balcony and read a book all day, but also glad that you experienced the resort as a whole, especially our culinary experience we offer beachside at Baleen restaurant!

Thanks for your visit, we hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. Very nice presentation on the inside. Building from the outside not impressive. Very friendly service when we arrived as well as beach side service. Beach/pool towels were old and coarse.
Our first night we were getting ready for bed and I found a blood stain on the sheets and one of the pillows. I was totally freaked out and called for the bedding to be changed. It took 1/2 hour for anyone to even show up. After they changed the bedding I looked and found another stain on the new sheets, this time a yellow stain in the upper right corner. For the price of this hotel ($250+ per night) that shouldn't happen. So once again I called and had bedding changed.
The Valet service was nice to have but it was mandatory. So every time you wanted to drive anywhere you had a good wait. Yeah valet is nice and all but it gets really annoying when you have a 20+min wait every time you want to go somewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your candid review of our property, we appreciate your feedback.

I apologize for the quality of linens that were on your bed during your visit. Our new linens generally receive rave reviews, but understanbly you expect the linens to be free of any stains. I have conducted some research on your situation, and as I expected the first stain that you encountered, which is often mistaken for blood, is a grease stain from one of our ironer belts. We have since replaced all of the ironer belts as a routinue PM. I can certainly understand your concern when seeing this. In addition, we have met with our chemical company to make sure that our laundry chemicals are dispersing evenly, as the yellow stain is caused by too much of our detergent (which is bright yellow) being dispersed. I apologize for each items, and agree they are completely unacceptable.
We hold our housekeeping teams accountable, and we have discussed your review in great detail to our teams. While there can be operational challenges to running a laundry, our team needs to inspect and intercept those stains sheets, which they usually do. Your review was a good reminder for my team to remember every guest, every time.

Thank you for your positive reviews of our beach service, great to see they exceeded expectations.

Again, I understand your frustrations mentioned during your stay, and if there is anything else I can help you with regarding your stay or a potential future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

239-598-5114
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Can't fault this hotel, extremely clean, beautiful position on the beach, wonderful public areas, swimming areas and large, well furnished rooms. Overlooked the beach - idyllic. If I had to find a fault the only one would have been not to have had valet parking. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for rating your experience at LaPlaya!

We appreciate your positive review, especially noticing the cleanliness of the property. Our housekeeping and engineering teams take great pride in our resort, and want our guests to enjoy our relaxing setting in a clean, comfortable atmosphere.

Thank you for your business, and come back and enjoy soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2011

Very little to fault with this hotel; so I'll start with those: we'd booked a room for my wife and 2 kids, however the sofabed provided for the kids was too small and quite uncomfortable for them.

Other than I have no other complaints: great location, wonderful food, top service, 3 very nice pools, good beach service, very helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2011
Thank you for rating your experience on your visit at LaPlaya on Trip Advisor!

I especially like to see when our guests notice our helpful staff. Yes, our relaxing resort setting and wonderful location bring in our guests, but great service keeps them coming back! Personalized service and attention to detail is one of our core values, and great to see we suceeded during your stay.

We hope you will again consider LaPlaya for your next getaway!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Our stay at Laplaya was great. Service was execellent....everything was clean....staff went out of their way to help help us and make our stay enjoyable. Balleen's Restaurant was excellent....food and service were great. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review LaPlaya on Trip Advisor!

Your brief, but great, review touched on all of our operating departments, and I have shared them with my team. Our food and beverage team works very hard to provide a exemplary dining experience that stands up to our perfect setting, and we apprecaite successes like your review!

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again.

Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Very very clean , well appointed , the rooms are very cozy and the setup for the room we had a beachfront king was perfect for a family of 4.. Organized, great food(Baleen was awesome), pools are great for kids and adults, beach very clean and beach activites were great. Pool side service was also great. A great product all around. Best view is beachfront to really get the gulf effect..

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience at LaPlaya. I was particularly pleased to see that you noticed our clean facility, our Engineering and Housekeeping teams take great pride in the hotel, and I will share your comments with them.

Our culinary team will also be happy to see that they have another happy guest who enjoyed our fine cuisine while relaxing right on the Gulf of Mexico!

Thank you for your business, and we hope you will return to LaPlaya again!