“Girlfriend getaway”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We absolutely loved our time at La Playa. The location is superb. We were in the beach house on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool - it was perfect - we sat on our balcony in the afternoon for cocktails and just had a great time. The rooms are beautiful, the service exceptional, not snooty. My friend and I have nothing but fabulous memories of our visit to La Playa - can't wait to go back again, which we certainly will. Have to also recommend Randy's Fish Market - YUM :)

Room Tip: We loved the beach house -close to beach and pool
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Thanks for your review of LaPlaya! We are glad to see you enjoyed your "Girlfriend Getaway" and experienced all that LaPlaya has to offer!

Relaxing poolside, enjoying our beachside service, or just hanging out on your balcony does make LaPlaya a great Getaway, and we are especially glad that our service team exceeded expectations as well.

We hope that you will consider LaPlaya again in the future,

Reviewed 9 May 2011

As soon as we arrived we were kind of caught off guard but in a good way, valet rescued our bags from trunk gave them to the bell boy we checkend in and bags where awaiting withtin 10 min we where in our room.

Clean, the bathroom had no kind of residue that i could see no mildew i think i took like 4 showers every day it was so comfortable.

All of the staff was so nice, every where you walked thery where asking if anything was needed, and they seemed so genuine.

Every thing caint be perfect, but this is just my opinion, we did not feel like going to a resturant because we were so relaxed.. we decided to order off of the a la carte menu. You have to have an advanced palet to eat from baleen as to everything has a twist. Me and my boyfriend orderd the simplest things, the fries where hard as a brick, my burger was beyond well done i could taste the char from the grill, YUCK...his chicken sandwhich he claimed was okay, the chicken cesar was decent but the dressing was not my favorite.

I used an outside company to book so i can not comment on resrvatins, nor did i attend the gift shop, beach service and pool service was immaculate

They let us do late check out to 1pm i called ahead to valet to have our car ready they sent a bell man up wit a cart to help with our belongs..My boyfriend and I love to travel and our memmbers of a fine hotel, as much as we stay there they have nevvvver offer such service as La Playa... check out was as quick as check in 10min

I checked my portfolio for stay on the day of check out ...and noticed a goft shop charge for over $200.00 charged to our room.. i qucickly called the front desk to complain, within 20min, the manger called our room back to let us know the charge was removed.... I was at Caribean Zoo all day, i had not time to visit gift shop, thank go that was resolved.

Besides not likeing my meal and room charge mis hap my stay immacualte..., they new it was our anniversary nand sent up a bottle of CHAMPAIGN............I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO BECOME A MEMMBER IT WAS A GREAT NAPLES GET AWAY AND I WOULD DRIVE FROM FORT LAUDERDALE ANY TIME

Room Tip: Our Resort view room had a decent Beach view :-)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your experience at LaPlaya! We certainly appreciate your comments, and overall it looks like you enjoyed your visit!

First off to address your disatsifaction with your meal as we always strive to improve our menu items from the simplest to most complicated. Our bar menu is geared to more casual dining experience and our hamburgers are crafted from Black Angus beef. We apologize that in your case the dish was not cooked to your liking. Baleen menu consists of composed entrees and there is a simply grilled section in our menu that is geared to diners who wish to enjoy the freshest ingredients cooked to their specifications.

Great to see that you were happy with the quality and cleanliness of your guestroom, I have shared your review with my housekeeping team. We are also in the midst of upgrading additional items in our guestrooms to go along with our upgrades last year!

Our team strives for attention to detail, thank you for sharing your example of the Bellstaff promptly rescuing your luggage!

We would be happy to have you as our guest again, and would also be more than happy to discuss our private members club options that we have as well!

239-598-5114

Reviewed 9 May 2011

We were treated to an upgrade from the Bay View tower to a pool side room at check in. WOW is about all we can say. The views are amazing, the hotel staff attended to every need and always with a smile. Worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! Happy to see that our staff exceeded expectations!

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I loved everything about this hotel. The staff was super friendly and they made sure we had everything we needed. They staff also sets up umbrellas, chairs and towels for you on the beach,..totally complimentary...and you can raise a little flag when you need a drink or something! I found that to be a very nice touch! I was pleasantly surprised as this was my first time in Naples and the beach was absolutely lovely! reminded me of the Carribean. The food in the restaurant was great!!! I was there as part of a conference and all of the food and snacks were amazing. I also noticed there was a vegan in my conference and they had a specially prepared meal for her every time! She raved about it too. Sunset was amazing!!!! Such a great experience.

The only complaint I have is that the Wifi is extremely slow! I was trying to get some work done and my 3G modem was actually faster than their WiFi. They really need to look into another provider or plan.

Overall, I would definitely come back with my family for a nice vacation!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent visit at LaPlaya! We certainly appreciate your comments, nice to see a fantastic overall experience, I will be sure to share with the operating departments.

I will forward your review of the Wi-Fi to our IT department, typically our Wi-Fi is fast, as it's new equipment over the past year. We will check the bandwith to make sure it's running efficiently.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2011

We came to La Playa for some much needed rest. I would have been happy with an extra hour of sleep and a little bit of sun, but what we got was so much more. We stayed in the Bay Tower, across a small street from the main resort, and our room was awesome. It was tastefully decorated, very clean and spacious, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Best of all, it had a furnished balcony overlooking the bay. I honestly could have spent our entire stay relaxing on the quiet balcony, but I’m glad we ventured out to explore the rest of the resort. The beach was beautiful and the pool area was expansive enough to accommodate many guests without feeling over-crowded. One night we decided to have dinner at the resort restaurant, which turned out to be a great decision. The staff was friendly and attentive without being over-bearing, and the food was amazing. I’m from San Francisco and have been to my share of fine-dining establishments and the meal at Baleen was easily one of the best I’ve had.

For the length of our stay I experienced that oh-so-elusive feeling of total relaxation, and I give La Playa full credit for that. I highly recommend this resort and plan to return someday soon!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of LaPlaya! We feel that our Resort is the best out there when it comes to pure relaxation, and we are happy to see you agree!

Our tranquil resort setting, and proximity to the beach, allows many of our guests to same wonderful relaxing experience! Agree, it is tempting just to sit on the balcony and read a book all day, but also glad that you experienced the resort as a whole, especially our culinary experience we offer beachside at Baleen restaurant!

Thanks for your visit, we hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. Very nice presentation on the inside. Building from the outside not impressive. Very friendly service when we arrived as well as beach side service. Beach/pool towels were old and coarse.
Our first night we were getting ready for bed and I found a blood stain on the sheets and one of the pillows. I was totally freaked out and called for the bedding to be changed. It took 1/2 hour for anyone to even show up. After they changed the bedding I looked and found another stain on the new sheets, this time a yellow stain in the upper right corner. For the price of this hotel ($250+ per night) that shouldn't happen. So once again I called and had bedding changed.
The Valet service was nice to have but it was mandatory. So every time you wanted to drive anywhere you had a good wait. Yeah valet is nice and all but it gets really annoying when you have a 20+min wait every time you want to go somewhere.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your candid review of our property, we appreciate your feedback.

I apologize for the quality of linens that were on your bed during your visit. Our new linens generally receive rave reviews, but understanbly you expect the linens to be free of any stains. I have conducted some research on your situation, and as I expected the first stain that you encountered, which is often mistaken for blood, is a grease stain from one of our ironer belts. We have since replaced all of the ironer belts as a routinue PM. I can certainly understand your concern when seeing this. In addition, we have met with our chemical company to make sure that our laundry chemicals are dispersing evenly, as the yellow stain is caused by too much of our detergent (which is bright yellow) being dispersed. I apologize for each items, and agree they are completely unacceptable.
We hold our housekeeping teams accountable, and we have discussed your review in great detail to our teams. While there can be operational challenges to running a laundry, our team needs to inspect and intercept those stains sheets, which they usually do. Your review was a good reminder for my team to remember every guest, every time.

Thank you for your positive reviews of our beach service, great to see they exceeded expectations.

Again, I understand your frustrations mentioned during your stay, and if there is anything else I can help you with regarding your stay or a potential future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

239-598-5114

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Can't fault this hotel, extremely clean, beautiful position on the beach, wonderful public areas, swimming areas and large, well furnished rooms. Overlooked the beach - idyllic. If I had to find a fault the only one would have been not to have had valet parking. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for rating your experience at LaPlaya!

We appreciate your positive review, especially noticing the cleanliness of the property. Our housekeeping and engineering teams take great pride in our resort, and want our guests to enjoy our relaxing setting in a clean, comfortable atmosphere.

Thank you for your business, and come back and enjoy soon!