LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlington, Vermont
“family trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Our family visited this hotel in late Febuary. The staff was wonderfully helpfu, professional, and friendly. The poolscape is lovely, and the beachfront set-up well-conceived. The property is well maintained and has a historical feel to it while still being very up-to-date. Baleen, the restaurant, offers marvelous outdoor seating overlooking the water as well as an elegant interior dining room. The hotel offered enough amentities to keep both of our children and their grandmother entertained. Although not necessarily a kid-oriented hotel, we felt quite comfortable staying there. A wonderful visit overall...!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your February family vacation! We’re pleased that you had such an enjoyable time – and that everyone in the family had a comfortable visit. While it sounds like you and the family kept busy on your own, we do offer a popular kids camp on select weekends throughout the year that the kids may be interested in on a future visit. Our concierge can always check on availability to see if this may be an option on your next trip.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to serving you again.

Rooms Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I was here for business but would have enjoyed myself just as much with my husband. They are keeping the rooms and property updated. The bathrooms are big but the showers could be updated a bit. The beds were cozy! I loved sitting on the balcony looking at the pools and palm trees. An ocean walk out room at this resort would be awesome. The beach is terrific. They have beach service and the water is blue and calm. The pools were nicely landscaped and the food I had from room service and pool side were both a good value and very good. Service here is incredible and I was even more impressed when I forgot my phone in my room and they were able to retrieve it and get it to a co worker who was leaving later in the day. Many hotels would have just blown it off but not the staff at LaPlaya. Thank you!,

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean walk out, they are right on the beach and quiet!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ychick11
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and sharing your experience with others via Trip Advisor. From your review, it looks like you really were able to kick back and relax. We aim to make the beach and pool experience as comfortable as possible – and we know that our professional, friendly service staff is the key to making this happen. Thank you for recognizing all our staff for impeccable service. We’ll also be sure to recognize Ricardo in our engineering department for taking the extra step to help recover your lost item!

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Beautiful facility! Fabulous beach! Located in good proximity for exploring the area with easy access to wonderful birding areas.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya as your destination to escape the winter weather up in Virginia. We truly appreciate your support – and we hope to see you next winter, if not before.

Chevy Chase, Md.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

LaPlaya is fabulous- beautiful facilities, gorgeous rooms, wonderful beach and pools! A luxury spot with an intimate feel. The entire staff has elevated hospitality to a fine art. Can't wait for a chance to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We’re pleased that you enjoyed your visit – and we too hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

My Ocean Front Room with a View has a few issues.
First, The beautiful sound of the ocean and its serenity during my entire stay has been drowned out by the constant clanging of the silverware and noises from the restaurant below,
and all the people and children from the beach having a great time.It seems to be amplified from the design of the place.
I have been coming to La Playa for a few years and staying as many as 10 days at a time and putting up with all the racket.
However I just found out that the no smoking policy does not extend to the balconies.
The chain smoking hack next door to me has put the final straw in my future plans.
I will never stay at the La Playa based on that okay to smoke policy that they just informed me of.
So if you like a loud silverware clanging for hours at a time (they have a lot of private parties in front of the rooms) and smoke filling up your room from others this is the place to stay. NOT ME.
SEE YOU Later La Playa. Cancel my 11 days in March I will go elsewhere

Room Tip: old hotel pot luck
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
14 Thank stephen g
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for your review and repeat stay at LaPlaya. I'm sorry that your experience was not consistent with what many of our guests have come to enjoy. We certainly do not like to see this level of frustration with any of our guests. After speaking with some of my manager's here, they discussed our attempts to resolve your concerns, and I apologize that none of those attempts were reasonable.

Our guests enjoy LaPlaya in a variety of ways, including sitting in our chaise lounge on the balcony enjoying the panoramic Gulf view and listening to the waves crash against the shoreline. I am sorry that in your example a guest around you enjoyed that in a manner different than yours by smoking. While rare, an issue like this can be easily solved by our Front Desk team who will work very hard to satisfy all our guests’ needs. I am sorry the options we gave you were not sufficient.

I will certainly speak with our Food and Beverage teams on the noise levels of the restaurant, especially clearing tables. I apologize for any discomfort this caused you, and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I am also sorry that our guests enjoying the beach disturbed you as well. We do offer alternatives both in proximity and views that could avoid any noise associated with our beach. I have not previously been made aware of the design flaw of our buildings causing increased noise up to our guestrooms, but thank you for bringing that to my attention.

On behalf of the team at LaPlaya, we appreciate your patronage over the years, and apologize that the issues addressed above have led you to look elsewhere. I can assure you the LaPlaya team will welcome you back should you so decide. Again, thank you for your feedback, although you review is not consistent with our generally positive reviews, this critique can only help us become a better resort.

Should you have additional items you would like to discuss, I can be reached at 239-598-5114.
Warm regards,

Jason K. Moll
Director of Rooms
Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My initial stay was for a business meeting and these facilities were great. I exteneded my stay since i was so impressed with the resort. The resort is beautifuuly decorated, the rooms are clean & spacious, the location is fabulous - right on the beach. Can't say enough good things - most impressive was the service. i would highly recommend this resort, it's a little pricy, but you get what you pay for :)

Room Tip: we enjoyed the rooms with the private balcony - great for a couple looking for some alone time.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank stacey f
Thank you for your visit to Laplaya and for sharing your experience! It's a pleasure to read any positive review, yet even more so to read one that highlights the great service our of staff. We're glad that you were able to stay a few extra days after the meeting to relax on the beach -- and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed at LaPlaya for a week in December, over the Christmas break.

Our first impressions were really good - the valet service was incredibly efficient and check-in was equally good. We had a room in the beach house, with a stunning view out to the beach, and it was a good size, with two lovely comfortable beds. The only drawbacks of the room were that the sound-proofing was practically non-existent (we had to put our iPod on to drown out the sound of the family in the adjoining room) and the air conditioning was very noisy. Those small irritations aside, the room was amazing.

The day we arrived was bright and sunny and so after we'd unpacked we headed down to the beach for the last hour or so of daylight. We were greeted by Tyler, who set us up with a couple of loungers and explained how the beach crew and the beach butlers work. He was so friendly and welcoming, it was a great start to our stay!

We ate most nights in Baleen, which was a wonderful experience every time. The wine list is amazing - there's a good range of prices and so much choice. The food in Baleen was first class, although a little pricey, and the service was brilliant (special thanks to William, who always took time to come over and speak to us even when he wasn't serving our table). On Christmas night there was a special buffet, which was amazing. There were so many things to choose from, including a hot carvery, fish, turkey, chilled seafood, vegetables, cheeses and desserts, and it was obvious that so much thought had gone into it. It was a fabulous evening! We also ate our breakfasts in Baleen and again, the food was always of the highest quality.

When we were staying on the beach we ate lunch at the Tiki Bar, which was also great, although for some reason you have to charge your food and drink to your room instead of paying cash. I can especially recommend the beer battered fries - they are amazing!

We were really lucky with the weather and spent all bar two of our days on the beach. The service on the beach was exceptional. You turn up, give them your room number and then the guys would set you up with your loungers, a parasol, a small table and towels. Oh, and a flag. During the day, whenever you want something, all you have to do is raise your flag and someone from the beach butler crew will come over and take your order. For someone from the UK, where sadly customer service isn't always a priority, this was total bliss!

The beach itself is beautiful. People on here have raved about the sunsets, and they more than lived up to expectations. We were also lucky enough to see dolphins, pelicans and other sea birds and even stingrays while we were there. There are canoes and pedaloes available to hire at the beach, for anyone who's feeling energetic!

There was one day when it was too cool to sit on the beach and so, because we didn't know the area very well, we went to visit the concierge, Gail, to get some recommendations. Gail was so helpful, and took plenty of time going through the various places nearby, including giving us maps and directions. She also came into her own when it came to organising a transfer for us to Miami Airport. We had initially planned to drive there but had heard so many horror stories that we took the decision to drop our rental car off in Naples and get a taxi transfer to Miami instead. Gail not only organised this for us but also took the time to ring the driver on the day to make sure that he'd picked us up safely. She really went the extra mile and it was so appreciated!

In summary, we had an amazing week here and even though we've been back in England for over a month, I still miss the place and would go back in a heartbeat! I would say though, that it's not necessarily for everyone. If you're looking for somewhere in the heart of the action, it wouldn't be your thing as it's quite a way out of the centre of Naples (probably about a 15-20 minute drive). If, however, you're like me and just want somewhere on the beach to spend time chilling out, you will absolutely love it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the beach. The sunsets are to die for!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank ickle_jay
LaPlayaDORM, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for your detailed and gracious review of LaPlaya!

Our team makes service to our guests a priority, and reviews such as yours are so important in helping us build upon that service culture. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the many things that LaPlaya has to offer, whether sitting in our beach chair lounging the day away, or spending a quiet evening dining in Baleen watching the sunset!

Thank you for mentioning a few of our associates as well, I have shared this review with them. They are always pleased to see their dedication to the details pay off!

Thank you again for your review, and we hope you will return to LaPlaya again.

Jason Moll