We stayed in the beach house on the second floor - there was a wonderful view and a big balcony. The room was nice - a little bit less luxurious than we were expecting at the price (a little thing like rust around the vent in the ceiling - but not a huge deal), but very nice nonetheless. The air conditioner is very loud and you need to have the air on most times. The bathroom was nice with a full-size hairdryer and magnification mirror. You are given a room safe and robes and plenty of towels. The room cleaning service was excellent and they were in and out in the morning and we never had to leave the room for them to clean it when we returned in the afternoon from our fun. The beach is nice - it is crowded on the weekend, but they set up everything for you. There were several pools and service for lunch and drinks (try the Planter's Punch!). The lunch fare was expensive, but the food was good. One thing -the bar opens at 11 - this is a little bit different than what we are used to with the amenities open sooner, but you can drive out to many places around the resort to get food and bring it back if you want.
Check-in was quick and efficient and they gave you a sea turtle pin and asked those facing the beach to close the drapes at 9 so the turtles would do their thing. You were forced to valet ($23/day), but you have in and out privileges - you just need to tip each time you get your car out. The valet staff was attentive and prompt.
The resort is decorated what I would call beach/plantation style - like a Bahama Breeze restaurant. There are little lizards everywhere (outside) and the grounds are well-landscaped. It is pleasantly quiet at night, even with events going on outside all weekend.
There is a smallish gift shop with some cute things.
We ate at Baleen one night and it was good, but with so many choices in Naples, especially downtown, we only ate there once. We did not eat breakfast there.
I would definitely return to this resort, although I would also try other resorts in the area as well. I would recommend this place for families, couples and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort
- LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort Naples, Florida