LaPlaya was beautiful. We booked nonstop flight + hotel and paid ~$1200 total for the two of us for 3 nights, definitely cheaper than other hotels in the area. We stayed in one of the (less expensive) rooms across the street and still had wonderful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our nicely sized deck. The room was VERY clean and comfortable, the bedding excellent.
For those who have never been to Naples, you have to make a decision: either stay at the resort, or rent a car. Being from Philly, I couldn't believe I had to wait 30 minutes any time we wanted a cab, and walking is limited to Buzz's Lighthouse Restaurant (fun and casual) and a small convenience store down the street. While the trolley is a decent deal ($25/day), we only found high-priced retail and even higher humidity in town, making us long to be back at the beach and in the water. (Yes, it was June.)
Staying at the resort is delightful, however. The pros: beach access as late as you like, excellent breakfast, delicious drinks to sip around the fire pit with views of the water, lovely pools for when you want to shake off the sand for a while. The cons: feeling like you have to tip every twenty minutes, how EARLY everything closes (the tiki bar closed at around 5 or 6pm!), the small size of the fitness center, and the distance to nearby restaurants/attractions (feels isolating without a car).
Most of our complaints were regarding Naples in general -- probably not the best choice for a young couple without a car -- but the resort itself was soothing and pretty, and the beach access cannot be beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort
- LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort Naples, Florida