Lucky enough to stay here for 10 days last October; As most reviews will tell you, this hotel is just wonderful. It's classy yet unpretentious; a little old school in the best way. We booked a higher floor sea view room which was superb, with masses of space and a big very comfortable bed. The bathroom wasn't the most up to date or glitzy but it was well laid out with a great shower - the room in general felt warm and welcoming; a little like staying at a wealthy friend's place!
Food is great, especially breakfast and though it is a little pricey there are lots of simpler things on the menus which are reasonable. The club sandwiches on room service were fab and we often brought some cookies back and had them with the lovely coffee supplied in the room for breakfast while we sat on the balcony watching the dolphins and manatee swimming up the beach.
Tip for the beach, order a drink from the beach boys and ask also for some iced water, they will bring you a huge free jug of iced water with lemon...
Make sure to visit Randy's Fish market for dinner but avoid the tiny Mexican restaurant which has good reviews here for authentic food but which made us feel very uncomfortable and was in a slightly dodgy location. Go for a real American breakfast at First Watch, the porters will give you directions; there are two nearby but one has a lovely outside area overlooking the water. The Dock was also a great place to eat; we sat on the outside section and watched a wonderful lightening display while we ate one evening.
I know everyone says this but I am one fussy lady; this hotel has charm, character and warmth and we had the most wonderful time. All of the staff were lovely without exception; I asked the maid to leave decaff coffee and teabags other than Liptons and she left a huge array every day after. A lot of people walked down the beach from the Ritz Carlton every night to sit around the fire-pit and a fair few said they wished they had booked La Playa...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step onto the beach from your private oceanfront guestroom at one of the best Naples, Florida beach resorts. Be greeted by cloudless skies, sparkling turquoise waters and white sandy beaches every morning at our Florida beach resort. As a guest of LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort, this image of paradise is your daily reality. One of Florida's finest resort hotels, LaPlaya rests between the Gulf of Mexico and picturesque Vanderbilt Bay, offering guests a rare chance to experience South Florida's tropical beauty from front-row seats. Compared to most luxury Florida resorts, LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort reflects the contemporary lifestyle and easygoing attitude of South Florida. LaPlaya Beach Resort is a place where guests can truly feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Naples Florida
- Naples La Playa Beach
- Naples La Playa Resort
- Playa Beach Hotel
- La Playa Beach Resort Naples
- La Playa Resort Naples
- Laplaya Beach And Golf Resort
- LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort Naples, Florida