“The best of the best - truly!!!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vienna
“The best of the best - truly!!!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We are currently staying at Laplaya, i think for the 6th. time or so. Whenever we come to Naples, this is the only place to be. After staying at some other hotels in the area we found this gem and since then, there is no other choice.
We are quite picky when it comes to hotels, but here, there is not one single issue to complain about.

Location:
Right on Vanderbilt Beach, about 15 minutes drive to Downtown Naples, so if you dont mind that, location cannot be better, silent and save.

Staff:
For us, LaPlaya staff is their biggest asset. From faboulous Chris Grossman, arranging our favourite room in the Bay Tower, over valet and reception to the pool staff. Everybody is perfectly friendly. Everybody greeting (we experienced that differently some days ago in Miami Beach).

Rooms:
We love the old Florida charm. Please LaPlaya Team, never change this. We love the Ba Tower rooms most, completely silent with Bay views.

Grounds:
Just perfect setting, four pools, lovely cabanas, beautiful beach area.

Food:
We think Baleen restaurant is the best in the area, lovely atmosphere with lots of fires and silent misic. Great food, whatever we ordered, it was all perfect.

Overall, since many year this hotel is our favourite vavation spot and whenever we can, we fly over from Europe. Not one single topic i would ask to change. Just the best place for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed March 2014
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of LaPlaya! Just as you've enjoyed visiting each year, we really appreciate the continued opportunity to provide you and your family with the vacation experience you've come to expect. Whether it involves our location, staff, guestrooms, or food and beverage product, our entire team really enjoys working together to provide repeat customers like you with a memorable visit year after year.

While we value all feedback that we receive from our guests, the comments we receive from our repeat guests often serve a dual purpose. Not only do we get to see how we did with your recent visit, but we are also able to gauge the consistency in our product and service over time. Given that this was your sixth visit, it's a pleasure to read that we continue to be your destination of choice here in Naples.

Thank you again for your visit and support, and for your glowing recommendation. We'll look forward to seeing you again next year, if not before. Feel free to also reach out to me so that I can once again arrange for your favorite room!

Rooms Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 4 night stay. Highs: powdery white sand beach, perfect weather, attentive and courteous beach chair/umbrella attendants. Lows: Front desk staff, limited breakfast options, street noise.

We chose a high floor tower room for best views rather than a beach house room after reading all the reviews and room tips on tripadvisor. I'm really surprised that no reviewers (as far as I could find) mentioned that while beach house rooms are accessed from an interior hallway like most hotels, tower rooms are accessed from an exterior passageway, motel style. There was no weather stripping on the door, so we were greeted every morning with sunlight streaming through the edges of the door and garbage trucks that sounded like they were right outside the door. We were on the 11th floor. We like being high up, but being on the exterior is a pretty “low-rent” feature to me.

Our first morning was a Sunday morning. We came down hoping to grab a quick bite for breakfast before heading to the beach. The Baleen restaurant is the only breakfast option in the hotel (no casual dining option or coffee shop, etc.), and it's apparently very popular. There was a line down the hall to check in at the hostess stand. I asked the front desk if there were any other options for breakfast, and he said they're just backed up getting people seated, it should be quick. We stood in line, and then were told a 10 minute wait to sit. 20 minutes later, we left with a couple of croissants to go and headed back to the room. I told the front desk they were wrong about it being quick, and that I thought it was ridiculous that there were no options for hotel guests to get breakfast other than waiting 20+ minutes behind non hotel guests for a table at a fancy restaurant. His response was, "Ok." I didn't get his name. I asked if he disagreed, and he said he would pass it on to his manager, and he got my room number. I never heard anything else from anyone about it.

When we checked out, I had a question about my statement, and it took the front desk (I think it was the same guy) 20 minutes to figure out what was going on with the statement and get a new one printed. I wasn't complaining about anything, just a simple correction of numbers and balances. No one ever asked us how our stay was.

As info, you can reserve beach chairs up to 3 days in advance, and most chairs facing the water are reserved. That would have been nice to know before we got there on our first day, but the advance email we got about making reservations for various activities did not list that as an available option.

Overall, beautiful place, great location, good beach service (if you know about making reservations), other than that they are following their own process and if you have a problem the front desk doesn’t much care.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are accessed from an exterior passageway, feels very cheap. I would choose the beach ho...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jason C
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your detailed critique of LaPlaya, we appreciate the time you took to rate your experience. Reviews are important to us, it allows direct feedback from our valued customers, and also potential guests can here unbiased feedback on others' experiences.

While I would not characterize your review as "exceeding expectations" I happy to see some aspects of your stay were enjoyable. Our Beach team often receives high marks in service, we have a friendly service orientated bunch and I'm glad to see that was the case with your stay, and so many others as well. The comments regarding the Front Desk staff is concerning, and I have reviewed this with the team. Typically, our Front Office staff is rated high in terms of service and accommodating requests. That said, our team has hundreds of interactions a day, and clearly there are times we need to do better and I'm sorry this was the case for your visit.

Your comments regarding the Gulf Tower corridors are noted. I have had my engineering team review the weather stripping on each room on the 11th floor. We have a extensive preventative maintenance program, and prefer to stay proactive on these things rather than here them from a paying customer, and I apologize that wasn't the case here again.

I appreciate that you took the time to rate the positives and negatives of your stay. Clearly, we missed the mark in some areas and can do better.

If you have any other details you would like to share with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Jason K. Moll
Director of Rooms
239-598-5114
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my first visit to LaPlaya and it did not disappoint! The room accommodations were lovely although a bit weathered/dated but that did not matter at all. It just added to the charm of the place. You can not beat the location! I highly recommend staying in an oceanfront room. The views are gorgeous and the sound of the ocean will lull you to sleep!

We spent most of our 2 days on the beach which was located 3 steps from the hotel door! The beach staff was attentive and courteous, always looking to go the extra mile to meet our needs from chair/umbrella set up to food/bar service. Our weekend was made particularly spectacular by Daniel, our fantastic beach attendant! He went above and beyond to make sure we always had a cold drink in our hand, a carafe of water to keep us hydrated, and a fresh bucket of ice to keep the drinks chilled. We never had to raise our flag for service because he just seemed to know what we needed and when.

We will definitely be back again….next year for a longer visit!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms in the "Beach House" are quieter than in the main tower and directly over...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort! We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your first visit to our Resort. We understand our guests have many options when selecting beach resorts in Florida, and LaPlaya stands out as being the only true luxury beachfront Resort in Naples!

Based on your review, you enjoyed LaPlaya in the fashion it's meant to be enjoyed, relaxing on the beach! Our guests and members often give us positive feedback on the service delivery of our beach teams, and we share our reviews with them. Guests such as you who provide us feedback on places such as Trip Advisor are very important to our continued success. We can monitor what we do well, where we can improve, our this evaluation of our product is on a platform for all to see!

Thank you for your review, and we hope you will choose LaPlaya again in the future.

Jason K. Moll
Director of Rooms
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at LaPlaya in mid-February and had a wonderful time. Our room was large and comfortable, the beach is powdery white sand and all of the personnel were very welcoming and professional. We had two fine dinners at the restaurant with excellent service from Erin. The concierge service was also top-notch. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobandNic
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! February is a great time to visit Naples, and we’re pleased that our location, staff, and facility all contributed to an excellent beachfront vacation.
Many thanks for also noting Erin by name in your review – we’ll be sure she receives some extra special recognition for her friendly, attentive service.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back as a repeat guest on your next visit to Naples.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is my second visit here. I really do like this place. The location is outstanding. The room decor is very nice. Resort restaurants are quite good. Fitness center is adequate. But, the room faciliities are a bit dated. I happen to like to sleep in a cold room, the colder the better. The room air conditioning works fine during the day, it was noisy, but that was repaired to an ok level. But at night the AC does not stay on and when it does it does not blow cold air. I don't know if this is a cost cutting measure, to use "cool" night air or put the AC units on time or motion sensors but for us this was an issue. So, we woke up tired from a poor night's sleep and the shower water pressure was a trickle.
I almost gave three stars because of the latter, but on a positive note; the staff is outstanding, valets are prompt, friendly and polite and of course for a couple, being on the gulf for sunset, a nice wine and a delicious meal does one's spirit wonders.

Room Tip: I like the gulf side rooms to relax on the balcony and listen to the sea.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank jlencap
We like you too – and appreciate you once again choosing our resort as your vacation destination! We know that our guests have many choices when it comes to accommodations, and we thank you for once again selecting our boutique resort for your beachfront vacation.

That being said, I am sorry for those challenges you experienced with the A/C system and the water pressure. Our A/C systems typically will cycle off once they reach the set temperature, but the air should always be cold when operating. Additionally, we don’t use any flow regulators on our showers or sinks, so normally the water pressure is very good. I will try to identify your reservation information, as these are both areas that should be addressed as I understand they are important to your level of comfort during your visit.

On a positive note, I am pleased that our location, service staff, and food and beverage teams all helped make your time around the resort as enjoyable as possible. We just want to make sure that we can provide that experience with all aspects of your visit.

Thank you again for your visit and support. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of any assistance now, or in the future. We certainly hope to see you again here at LaPlaya.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location, right on the beach, is rare in Naples, so this is the reason for 4 stars. Otherwise, accommodations were pretty average. We were in the bay tower. Entry/elevator lobby for the tower was dark and moldy-smelling. There was an outdoor smoking area that could not be avoided when entering or exiting the building. Room size was generous, and there were plenty of hangers and a lot of drawer space, bed was very comfortable. We were one floor above the ballroom and it was loud during an event. Service was adequate but not attentive nor particularly friendly. Valet service could be slow--they do warn it can take 15 minutes to get your car, and you should believe them. Unfortunately they do not allow you to call ahead to request your car, nor do they allow you to self-park, so you are kind of stuck during busy times. But the beach was simply gorgeous, hotel provided complimentary lounges, umbrellas, and towels. They have a flag system on the beach--raise the flag and you're ready for a drink or a snack and a waiter will come over. Very nice overall but could use some polish for the price.

Room Tip: Avoid the bay tower.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peggy B
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! It’s a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your visit, particularly our location directly on the sands of Vanderbilt beach. Given that we are about a mile from the larger public beach access points, this allows for an exclusive experience – with plenty of chairs, large umbrellas, and food and beverage service via our flag system.

Your comments regarding the size and comfort of your guestroom are also most appreciated. Having recently made many change and upgrades to our guestrooms, it’s rewarding to receive positive comments regarding our choices. Unfortunately, I am sorry for the noise below your guestroom during an event, as well as the slower service in the valet area during your visit. I’ll be sure to speak to our valet team as we certainly should do better in accommodating call downs regardless of the time of day.

Please know that your business and feedback are both greatly appreciated. We understand that we can always do better, and will use your comments to continue to improve upon our product and service.

Thank you again for your support. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back someday soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Outstanding location yet seems intimate. From the amiable valets who park your car, to the very helpful front desk staff and concierge, the vacation began wonderfully. Great breakfast and lunch and no better place in Naples to enjoy a glass of wine or - whatever, looking at the beach and ocean so close. We did spend more to be facing the ocean, but it was so worth it. Room was large, clean, well supplied and bed super comfortable. A wonderful hotel. Wish I was there NOW!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthew M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you so much for such a positive review of LaPlaya! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service from so many areas of the resort. LaPlaya's unique location directly on the beach, yet away from public access does allow for quite the intimate feel. Whether it's beachfront dining on the outdoor terrace at Baleen or lounging on the beach with a cocktail from the Tiki Bar, relaxation is afforded to our guests. Simply stated, that is our mission - providing a clean property, superior food and beverage, and outstanding service. We are here to accommodate our guests in making memories that will last; far too often travel can be just as hectic as every day life and we want our guests to simply enjoy themselves. We thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us, our team will thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Kind regards,