“Made for a perfect trip”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thankfully the summer means cheaper hotel prices. We went OFF season which made for great rates and a great crowd. Wow what a wonderful hotel. Was the perfect place for my husband and I to escape for a long weekend. He golfed (which is just a short ride away from the hotel, he said he was a nice course) and I laid by the pool and went to the spa. The restaurant there is really good and the bar service was even better. All the servers are amazing and they are really good with customer service. Probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever had . My new favorite West Coast hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower rooms.. mid level facing the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daye A
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya. It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our service, facility, and food & beverage all contributed to a “perfect” stay! Vacations are all about relaxing and rejuvenating, two items that we are happy to provide here at LaPlaya. It’s an honor to be designated as your favorite resort on the west coast of Florida -- and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the la playa resort for a week. The hotel was beautiful and the location was perfect, right on the beach. The pools were huge and there was five of them I believe. The staff is very kind and helpful, and the food at the resorts restaurants is good as well. What meant the most to me is the fact that they mailed me a necklace I left in the hotel, which I realized was missing when we had already boarded the plane to go home, we called them and they found the necklace and had it sent to my home, which I appreciated so much considering how much my necklace means to me. I'm so thankful that the staff could help me re obtain my prized possession. Over all the entire vacationing experience was lovely, my family and I enjoyed the la playa very much and we all highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Xxseashells

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! It was our pleasure taking care of you and your family for your week-long vacation, and we really appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly, attentive service and beautiful location. Our entire team is committed to providing you with professional and personalized service before, during, and after your stay. We want you to know that you’re in good hands, and your experience with your lost necklace certainly shows that our team continues to hit the mark.

Thank you for your glowing recommendation and support. We hope to see you again at LaPlaya someday soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed four days and the experience from our arrival to our departure was a true five star experience. Baleen restaurant was our best dining experience in Naples. The wine list and food is excellent. The sunsets on the porch while dining are incredible. The dining staff from server to the food and beverage management was extremely attentive and very trained. Played golf at the resort. The course is a beautiful layout and was one of the best maintained courses we have played in a while. The staff is wonderful. In summary if you are ever close to Naples I would recommend you go out of your way to stay, dine and golf at La Playa.

Room Tip: Stay in the ocean front beach house building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent vacation to Naples! Four days is a nice length of time to truly enjoy all that we have to offer, and it appears that this was certainly the case during your visit. With all the wonderful experiences offered by Baleen and our recreation areas, it can sometimes be easy to overlook the exclusive experience that can be enjoyed at our private golf course. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the course layout and upkeep, feedback that I know our golf crew will really appreciate.

We’re glad you enjoyed your trip, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and offer your recommendation of our resort. We hope to be of service once again on a future trip to Naples.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

LaPlaya is an amazing destination from the moment you pull onto their site! From valet, bellman, front desk, concierge, pool attendants, beach attendants, bartenders (Tiki bar), special events coordinator, and the hotel restaurant and staff. You feel home away from home with the special treatment and attention the staff at LaPlaya provide you. I have stayed there 6 times and currently planning another trip. My husband and I were married at LaPlaya in 2011 and I tell him frequently I want to do it again. My brother in law and now wife also enjoyed it so much they too planned there wedding near LaPlaya and we all stayed there as well. If you are planning a destination wedding LaPlaya is the place and Karen Merchand went above and beyond for my wedding day!

LaPlaya is in a great location, amazing beach (private) and phenomenal view, 5 pools, a hot tub, beautiful rooms. I have stayed in the Gulf tower twice, the Bay twice, and the beach/pool area twice; hard to say what is the best, depends on which amazing view you want! You can't go wrong! It is also close driving distance (or car service) away to shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.

LaPlaya holds a special place in my heart thanks to the staff of this amazing venue, the staff and views/experience are the reasons we go back often! I highly recommend you visit and stay at this wonderful location! (It's great for couple get away as well as family vacations)! I could go on and on, but will save you the reading, take my word, it's a trip of a lifetime!

Happy Travels!
-Summer

Room Tip: Gulf tower--endless beach and ocean view. Spectacular Beach/Pool -- either beach view or pool/hote...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SummerBuck

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit to LaPlaya. Needless to say, we are flattered to receive your designation as your “favorite” place to stay in the US! It’s been our pleasure entertaining you on your past six visits, including that special honor of hosting your wedding back in 2011.

Repeat guests like you mean the world to us – not only for your support and heartfelt recommendations, but also for helping us gauge our performance over time. We want all our guests to count on LaPlaya for a great visit each and every time, and we can only do that through consistency of our product and service. It’s great to read that we continue to provide you with the experience you have come to love, and we can only hope that we will continue to have this privilege in the years to come.

From all of us at LaPlaya, thank you for your review and full-fledged support. We look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the LaPlaya resort in mid June and had a room on the 13th floor in the Gulf tower. The room had a great view of the gulf and it looked like all of the rooms in the Gulf tower had the same great gulf front view. These were real gulf front rooms with a 180 degree gulf view without looking past other building like we have seen in other hotels . Rooms on the lower floors may hear noise from people around the fire pit but it closed at 11 pm and it didn't bother us. The room was dated but it was clean and had a large balcony large enough for two chairs and a lounger, Remember it's not the Ritz and priced much less then the Ritz and it's a nice place to stay. The staff was helpful and friendly and the restaurant , Baleens was very good and we recommend giving it a try.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob F

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We are pleased that you chose us for your June vacation, and that you had an enjoyable visit. Being located directly on the beach, the views of the Gulf of Mexico are indeed spectacular. We aim to compliment those views with friendly, attentive service and a premium dining experience in Baleen – we’re glad that you enjoyed both!

We are always working toward improving our product and, in turn, your experience. After all, we know that you have several choices when it comes to choosing a destination, and we want you to be able to count on LaPlaya as a great choice year after year.

We hope to welcome you back someday soon.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There are limitless wonderful things to say about this resort. The location, staff, food, servers, rooms, balcony views and on and on. We wanted to get away to relax, play and spend time together. One word. Perfection. 11th floor gulf view. The pictures we took don't even come close to seeing it in person.

The staff are over-the-top kind, helpful and accommodating. The breakfast is so delicious and enough to fill you up for the day. Amazing smoothies. We had a late lunch one day at the Tiki Bar. I recommend the burgers and a frozen piña colada. Ridiculously refreshing. We decided to parasail one day and that was truly special. All water sports can be arranged from the beach. Super easy. What a gorgeous way to see the water and shore. We spied 3 sea turtles from way above the water. So fun and tranquil. Make sure to get up early to reserve your chairs and beach umbrellas. The cabana men are da bomb. Just hoist your little flag when you are ready for a snack or refreshment and they are there within minutes.

At night, we arranged for a car service to check out the local pubs. What a blast. Floridians know how to enjoy the heck outta life. We like to play pool so we got great recommendations for a couple of local places. Dive-ish but with Maseratis in the parking lot.

I want to go back is a grave understatement. I want to go back yearly about sums it up.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower, preferably a higher floor. The views are amazing. Definitely get the breakfast bu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim R

What a wonderful review to share with our team as we begin yet another beautiful week here at LaPlaya! We continuously strive for perfection, and we certainly understand that it is no small feat. To see that we achieved this with your visit makes all that we do worthwhile.

At LaPlaya, we take a global approach to your visit, knowing that each aspect and encounter contributes to an overall experience. Whether you are enjoying the view from the comfort of your guestroom, lounging on the beach with the personalized service of our beach butlers, or enjoying superb dining in Baleen, we want each experience to contribute to a wonderful stay at our resort.

Thank you again for your support of our resort here on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure providing you with a perfect escape, and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you get an ocean view room in the hotel on the beach it's great - unfortunately we got a room in the old bldg across the street - AC didn't work we had to change rooms with 2 kids at 11:00 pm -
The pool and restaurants are beautiful , very clean , beautiful landscaping through out the resort - waterfalls and a fire pit on the sand surrounded by wooden adirondack chairs - really nice - 5 star service in the restaurant overlooking the ocean - excellent food and drinks although very pricey -
nice gym -
If they would refurbish the bldg across the street they would definetly be a 4 star hotel .

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank FL1033

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! The outdoors at LaPlaya are certainly the main attraction for many guests, so we’re pleased to read that our lagoon style pools, landscaping, fire pits, and food & beverage outlets all contributed to a wonderful tropical atmosphere.

We always aim for perfection, and I am sorry that we feel short when it came to your room experience in our Bay Tower – particularly with the air conditioning not functioning properly. We want all our guests to have a comfortable experience, especially during our warm summer months. We are able to normally prevent any issues through our engineering team’s preventative maintenance program, and I am sorry that this was not the case with your experience.

Thank you again for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your experience. We are pleased that you overall enjoyed your visit, but understand that we can always do better. We are never complacent in this respect, and will continue to strive to offer our guests the best experience possible – a trait we hope to display to you on a return visit to our resort.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com