“Fabulous service would love to stay again just so expensive!”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Fabulous service would love to stay again just so expensive!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Best customer service and staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. Wonderful experience! We stayed over New Years and the hotel catered to our every need. Only wish it wasn't so expensive we'd go back at that same time every year!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank WardenFamily
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! The end of the year is a great time to visit LaPlaya and Naples, albeit a peak time for both us and the city. We’re glad you had a great time, and do hope that you can return in the future. As a repeat guest, you'll be eligible for exclusive Encore rates throughout the year, so please inquire when contacting our reservations department to check on availability for your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon!

Rooms Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The location of this hotel, the service at this hotel and the size of this hotel cannot are absolute perfection. We were specifically looking for a hotel on the beach, not across the street, and this is exactly what we got. I also loved that the hotel property is not so big that the distance between the beach and the hotel rooms or the beach and the pools was very close. So wonderful to not have to walk a mile to get from one place to another. The service my family and I received at this hotel was always personal and genuine. We were always taken care of without having to ask. This hotel was great for both my husband and I and our 6 year old daughter.

Although the hotel only has 1 restaurant, Baleen is an excellent restaurant. We ate breakfast there every day and enjoyed every bite. I'm still thinking about the fabulous Cuban eggs benedict and coconut brioche french toast they serve at breakfast. We usually grabbed lunch from the Tiki Bar and it always hit the spot while we were enjoying the beach or the pool. Love that the pool area always has music playing and my little girl really enjoyed all of those swimming pools. We did have dinner at Baleen twice and the food was good, but there are some items that were not a good value for the money and just didn't make sense. For instance, there is no way the caesar salad they serve is worth $13, but the main courses were worth every penny.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we take a trip to Naples.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SEM2REM
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We know that it can often be a challenge to select the right property for your needs when traveling from afar, so it’s wonderful to read that our location, service, and food & beverage all contributed to a perfect stay.

Our location directly on the sands of Vanderbilt Beach is certainly a big draw for many guests, yet we want your service experience to be just as wonderful as those amazing views. Your comments regarding the personal and genuine service will be a pleasure to share with our team. I will do the same with your food and beverage experience, including those menu items that did not provide for a good value in regards to pricing.

We also look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Naples. We actually just did a premium upgrade to our pool deck sound system this past week, so your daughter should enjoy the music even more next time around!

Until then,

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Thankfully the summer means cheaper hotel prices. We went OFF season which made for great rates and a great crowd. Wow what a wonderful hotel. Was the perfect place for my husband and I to escape for a long weekend. He golfed (which is just a short ride away from the hotel, he said he was a nice course) and I laid by the pool and went to the spa. The restaurant there is really good and the bar service was even better. All the servers are amazing and they are really good with customer service. Probably one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever had . My new favorite West Coast hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower rooms.. mid level facing the ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daye A
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya. It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit and that our service, facility, and food & beverage all contributed to a “perfect” stay! Vacations are all about relaxing and rejuvenating, two items that we are happy to provide here at LaPlaya. It’s an honor to be designated as your favorite resort on the west coast of Florida -- and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Plano
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the la playa resort for a week. The hotel was beautiful and the location was perfect, right on the beach. The pools were huge and there was five of them I believe. The staff is very kind and helpful, and the food at the resorts restaurants is good as well. What meant the most to me is the fact that they mailed me a necklace I left in the hotel, which I realized was missing when we had already boarded the plane to go home, we called them and they found the necklace and had it sent to my home, which I appreciated so much considering how much my necklace means to me. I'm so thankful that the staff could help me re obtain my prized possession. Over all the entire vacationing experience was lovely, my family and I enjoyed the la playa very much and we all highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Xxseashells
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! It was our pleasure taking care of you and your family for your week-long vacation, and we really appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly, attentive service and beautiful location. Our entire team is committed to providing you with professional and personalized service before, during, and after your stay. We want you to know that you’re in good hands, and your experience with your lost necklace certainly shows that our team continues to hit the mark.

Thank you for your glowing recommendation and support. We hope to see you again at LaPlaya someday soon.

Ridgeville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed four days and the experience from our arrival to our departure was a true five star experience. Baleen restaurant was our best dining experience in Naples. The wine list and food is excellent. The sunsets on the porch while dining are incredible. The dining staff from server to the food and beverage management was extremely attentive and very trained. Played golf at the resort. The course is a beautiful layout and was one of the best maintained courses we have played in a while. The staff is wonderful. In summary if you are ever close to Naples I would recommend you go out of your way to stay, dine and golf at La Playa.

Room Tip: Stay in the ocean front beach house building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent vacation to Naples! Four days is a nice length of time to truly enjoy all that we have to offer, and it appears that this was certainly the case during your visit. With all the wonderful experiences offered by Baleen and our recreation areas, it can sometimes be easy to overlook the exclusive experience that can be enjoyed at our private golf course. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the course layout and upkeep, feedback that I know our golf crew will really appreciate.

We’re glad you enjoyed your trip, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and offer your recommendation of our resort. We hope to be of service once again on a future trip to Naples.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2014

LaPlaya is an amazing destination from the moment you pull onto their site! From valet, bellman, front desk, concierge, pool attendants, beach attendants, bartenders (Tiki bar), special events coordinator, and the hotel restaurant and staff. You feel home away from home with the special treatment and attention the staff at LaPlaya provide you. I have stayed there 6 times and currently planning another trip. My husband and I were married at LaPlaya in 2011 and I tell him frequently I want to do it again. My brother in law and now wife also enjoyed it so much they too planned there wedding near LaPlaya and we all stayed there as well. If you are planning a destination wedding LaPlaya is the place and Karen Merchand went above and beyond for my wedding day!

LaPlaya is in a great location, amazing beach (private) and phenomenal view, 5 pools, a hot tub, beautiful rooms. I have stayed in the Gulf tower twice, the Bay twice, and the beach/pool area twice; hard to say what is the best, depends on which amazing view you want! You can't go wrong! It is also close driving distance (or car service) away to shopping, entertainment, and restaurants.

LaPlaya holds a special place in my heart thanks to the staff of this amazing venue, the staff and views/experience are the reasons we go back often! I highly recommend you visit and stay at this wonderful location! (It's great for couple get away as well as family vacations)! I could go on and on, but will save you the reading, take my word, it's a trip of a lifetime!

Happy Travels!
-Summer

Room Tip: Gulf tower--endless beach and ocean view. Spectacular Beach/Pool -- either beach view or pool/hote...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SummerBuck
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent visit to LaPlaya. Needless to say, we are flattered to receive your designation as your “favorite” place to stay in the US! It’s been our pleasure entertaining you on your past six visits, including that special honor of hosting your wedding back in 2011.

Repeat guests like you mean the world to us – not only for your support and heartfelt recommendations, but also for helping us gauge our performance over time. We want all our guests to count on LaPlaya for a great visit each and every time, and we can only do that through consistency of our product and service. It’s great to read that we continue to provide you with the experience you have come to love, and we can only hope that we will continue to have this privilege in the years to come.

From all of us at LaPlaya, thank you for your review and full-fledged support. We look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the LaPlaya resort in mid June and had a room on the 13th floor in the Gulf tower. The room had a great view of the gulf and it looked like all of the rooms in the Gulf tower had the same great gulf front view. These were real gulf front rooms with a 180 degree gulf view without looking past other building like we have seen in other hotels . Rooms on the lower floors may hear noise from people around the fire pit but it closed at 11 pm and it didn't bother us. The room was dated but it was clean and had a large balcony large enough for two chairs and a lounger, Remember it's not the Ritz and priced much less then the Ritz and it's a nice place to stay. The staff was helpful and friendly and the restaurant , Baleens was very good and we recommend giving it a try.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob F
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We are pleased that you chose us for your June vacation, and that you had an enjoyable visit. Being located directly on the beach, the views of the Gulf of Mexico are indeed spectacular. We aim to compliment those views with friendly, attentive service and a premium dining experience in Baleen – we’re glad that you enjoyed both!

We are always working toward improving our product and, in turn, your experience. After all, we know that you have several choices when it comes to choosing a destination, and we want you to be able to count on LaPlaya as a great choice year after year.

We hope to welcome you back someday soon.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com