“Excellent experience at la playa”

LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #14 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Were a young couple on our first vacation to USA. We stayed at laplaya for 4 nights and cannot fault it. We have a beach front room, room is superb, view is really quite something and right on the beach. Hotel service is great, valet is great and the staff on the beach were also really helpful and couldn't do enough for you. I can see why this hotel is rated highly on trip advisor.

• Stayed: August 2014
Chris_Grossman, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We’re happy to have been a part of your first visit to the U.S., and appreciate your praise regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to provide our guests with overall wonderful visit – and that certainly requires comfortable guestrooms, outstanding views, and attentive service. We’re glad you enjoyed your time with us, and hope to see you again the next time you travel to Florida.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My daughter is a teacher and we arrived for a little pre-school vaca. From the moment we checked in, everything has been outstanding. All the staff has provided fantastic and personable service, we've enjoyed fabulous meals with lovely beach views, we were given an beautiful spacious room with beach access, and experienced great beach service - everything has been outstanding!! The only downside is having to leave! Thank you, LaPlaya, for being everything we could have hoped for and more!!

Room Tip: Spring for the view -it's worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 620kristinm
Chris_Grossman, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Allow me to return the favor and offer our gratitude to you for choosing LaPlaya and allowing us to make your vacation a special one. Our mission each day is to provide our guests with a clean, well maintained facility with superb food and beverage – all served up by a friendly, attentive staff. And, of course, those amazing views of the beach don’t hurt either!

Thank you again for your visit and support. We look forward to welcoming you back someday soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very surprised to see that when I arrived at the hotel it was exactly how I saw it on the website. Most of the time when the hotel staff takes pictures of the hotel to upload online, the usually post the pictures of the best areas in the hotel. It was not the case here since the hotel is EXACTLY how you see it online. When I got there the person that was helping me check-in immediately upgraded my room and I was so very grateful for that. The hotel had this policy where by nine I think we had to close the curtains because turtles lay their eggs at night and they follow the light so it was kind of a bummer that after that hour it was pitch black out side and we couldn't go out in the balcony. It's not really their fault that its turtle-egg-laying-season so I can't really complain.The hotel has a restaurant inside and its very nice. The decor is modern but not too over-the-top. My family and I ate outside once. The food was delicious my only complaints is that the lighting was dim and the food was expensive. Not so expensive as in I couldn't afford it but I did do a double-take when I saw the bill. The rooms are very spacious and we had a amazing ocean view from our balcony, we liked to gather there all of us and see the sun set every night. The shower was awesome they had just the right pressure where it wasn't too soft but it wasn't painful either.The valet parking service is incredible, the gentlemen are all super nice and very attentive. The pool service is good. We rented one of those private cabanas and a lady from the staff set it up for us including the water bottles with ice which I thought was a nice touch. They have the most adorable beach service going on where you raise a little flag and a person from the staff comes and asks you what you need. You can order food or ask for more towels whatever you need really. The actual beach was not very pleasant to go in since the waves were absolutely horrible but again it's not their fault. We mostly sat down by the shade and watched the kids play by the shore and make sand castles. One thing I found peculiar was the starfish infested waters that we were in. By infested I mean hundreds of them by the shallow water. I had to be careful that one of the kids started touching them. Also there were these crustaceans that when you started digging up the sand they would crawl out. Fortunately they wouldn't bite and the kids weren't scared of them, on the contrary the children found them quite amusing and I had to convince them that it was a bad idea to keep them in buckets and bring them up to our room. Overall my family and I had a very nice stay and we are definitely going to come back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Young T

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples. When choosing a resort, we believe that it’s important that what you see on our website matches the experience that you do have when you are here. Communication is important to us, as we feel that it does set the stage for your visit and does have an impact on your overall satisfaction. It’s a pleasure to read that your expectations were met, and that our resort proved to be a great choice for your family vacation.

Being located directly on the beach, we are surrounded by all types of wildlife. From the important steps taken to protect the loggerhead turtles during nesting season, to all those creatures you may find on the shore or in the water, we are fortunate to have such a diversified environment. Unique encounters can happen everyday – your experience with the swarm of starfish certainly is an example of that, and could have been related to the rough surf those days. While the beach area itself remains constant, so much around it can change daily – providing those unique wildlife encounters, albeit safety first.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. It’s great to read that you will be returning next summer, and we look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room, although older was nice and clean. But the bar/ restaurant reminded me of the Jersey shore. And not in a good way! The breakfast was average quality but terrible service. We almost wondered if the waitress was high! At least someone was having a good time! I'd have to say not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Reesesmate

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your July visit to Naples. While it’s nice to read that you found your room experience clean and enjoyable, I am sorry to read about your disappointment with the bar and restaurant area in terms of service and spacing. We are normally known for providing the friendly and attentive service that our guests have come to expect, so a comment like yours is certainly not typically of a visit to LaPlaya. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, as we are always working to improve upon the service, atmosphere, and value that we provide our guests.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a more enjoyable visit on a future trip to Naples.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I travel across Florida every year in September to spend a week in paradise. There is no other hotel that has such a wonderful staff, delicious food and an absolute key to serenity than LaPlaya .. If you are looking for a stress free vacation where you can be pampered and relax in paradise this is it!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry H
Chris_Grossman, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! It’s been our pleasure being part of your summer travels each year, and we couldn’t be more grateful for your recommendation here on TripAdvisor. Stress-free relaxation is indeed what we are all about here at LaPlaya, something we hope to provide you once again on your next visit. Until then…

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been coming to Naples annually for 40 years. For the past several years, we have been going to the Ritz--which due to the recent rate hike we have been basically priced out. Sad.
We decided to give this place another try, and we were very very skeptical. I must admit, for our 11 day stay, this place served us perfectly.
We paid 315 per night, which included the valet charge and resort fee, and included a $50/day credit towards food/hotel purchases. We had an 11th floor room with a full ocean view.
Room is decorated very nicely--not typical hotel decor at all--and is very spacious. King size bed with queen/full size sleeper sofa pull out. Perfect!! Balcony is private and huge! Bed is totally comfortable. Flat screen tv of course. Bathroom has an awesome shower head which had great pressure. Jacuzzi bath is combined with shower. Simply great. Room is super clean--everyday despite sand everywhere and two young messy kids, our room looked fantastic everyday. Housekeeping was absolutely excellent! Our sleeper sofa pull out was tucked away in am, and pulled out during evening turn down service. Plenty of closet space with lots of hangers.
Lobby is nice and comfortable--but boutique style. It is not grand in size and decor as is Ritz, but its not trying to be either. I like the large grand lobby of the ritz better, but this lobby is very inviting, well decorated, and very comfortable.
Valet service--not one single problem. Never waited for more than 5 minutes ever for the car despite them being very busy. They always turned on the AC to have the car cooled off. Very professional service! Valet service like this is what I expect in downtown Chicago at luxury resorts--could not ask for better service w valet here!
Pools--there are three and the middle one is actually about the size of two pools separated by a small rock type waterfall. All the kids loved to stand on it and jump off it and play king of the mountain. Pools were clean and well kept. Plenty of rentable cabanas--more than 10 at least. Pool chairs were excellent high quality chairs that seemed brand new--no tears, no stains, no sagging, no bleached out colors. Plenty of umbrellas for shade and once again--umbrellas were excellent quality and well cared for. Pool staff--absolutely excellent!! They were very courteous and always set up your chairs without ever waiting. They went out of their way to make your stay great. Always said hi, knew your name, etc. Treated the kids excellent!
The pool grounds were manicured just perfect. Every tree and bush and lawn just perfectly cared for. Nothing is out of place. Never did we see empty bottles or cups around the pool grounds. Water temp a bit on the warm side, but very comfortable. Pool side service was excellent. Never had to wait for someone to appear in order to take your order. 20% gratuity is auto added to the bills at poolside, and that was very fair. They were very professional and very cordial and would love to spend time and talk about the city/state/hotel, etc. Very nice people here with just excellent service.
Beach--simply great!! Very soft sand and manicured every morning. Free ocean side chairs you can reserve. The ocean staff was great!! They set you all up with umbrellas and chairs and towels. Make sure you reserve your chairs--a reservation is good for three days, so make sure you tell them if you want it for that long. We just kept renewing ours every three days. All for free. Gotta love it!
The walk from the pool to the beach is nice and short. Everything is very convenient. Live entertainment at poolside on weekends that was really nice. Weekends here are obviously much busier than the weekdays, but service never suffered.
Food--fantastic poolside food!! Very high quality!! Had lunch here everyday. Breakfast at the restaurant was just amazing with great food!!!
A couple of things that we didn't care for--but by no means hampered our trip. In the beach tower, the hallways are open and the elevators don't have AC. Its an older tower of course, but being used to the Ritz, that was a small negative. This really is being picky!!
The bottom line--Id stay here over the Ritz anytime and not regret it a bit. Comparing the two properties really isn't fair to either of them, because they really are two very different properties, and neither of them are trying to be something they are not. But with the hike rate at the Ritz, its a no brainer for us to stay here again!
If anyone has any questions, id love you help you out if i could.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, splurge for the full ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Cypress822

Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your extended visit to Naples. Our neighbors down at the Ritz provide for a very nice visit, so we can understand being a bit hesitant to try somewhere new. Fortunately, an 11 night stay is the perfect length of time to enjoy all that our resort has to offer, and it’s great to read that our location, facility, and service together set the stage for a wonderful vacation.

It appears you selected our Stay & Play package for your visit, which is indeed popular this time of year given all the inclusions and special offers that come with it. However, regardless of what package you select, our goal never changes: to provide you with a clean, well maintained facility with superb food & beverage – all served up by a friendly, attentive staff. Whether relaxing in the comfort of your newly designed guestroom, lounging poolside while enjoying a tasty lunch, or simply taking in our landscaping as you walk our grounds – everything we do is done with our guests in mind.

We’re glad you have enjoyed your time in Naples over the years, and couldn’t be more grateful to have had the opportunity to welcome you to our resort this time around. As much as we’ll enjoy sharing your feedback with our team, I am sure other travelers will also appreciate your detailed review in helping them decide if LaPlaya is a good fit for them.

Thank you again for your visit and support. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Naples.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The LaPlaya has the most amazing sunset, soft white sands, blue clear beach (a beach you'll want to swim in), the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE, and a hotel full of friendly helpful guest, who all catered to our mother’s special needs. This was my 3rd visit, and I wanted to share the experience with my family.
My mother’s health deteriorated a month before our planned trip but we were so happy when she agreed to go anyway. The hotels concierge service provided information for us to have all her special need items delivered at the time of check in. The hotel has a sand wheelchair available, and the beach staff wheeled my mother on the beach where the staff set-up our chairs & umbrellas. The hotel also has pool side private cabanas which we also enjoyed. Thanks to ALL!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah P

Your first paragraph says it all, as that is the experience that we want to provide each and every guest with. Having enjoyed our resort previously, it was our pleasure to welcome you back this time around for your mother’s 83rd birthday. We, too, are glad that she felt well enough to make the trip, and it’s nice to read that the service of our team helped make your family's visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your review and support of LaPlaya. It was an honor to host your family for this special occasion, and we hope to do so again on a future trip to Naples.