Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Marathon, Florida
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

As always are annual fishing trip to Port of the Islands was a great success. The staff is always courteous and the Resort is a gem? Had dinner in Eveglades City at Seafood Depot. The marina is state of the art.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Jim C,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I'm happy to hear your fishing trip was a great success. I hope you all caught some fantastic fish! Nice to hear our staff did a great job of taking care of you, we love to give each guest a memorable experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Gary Locke - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We live in Fort Lauderdale and travel to the 10,000 Islands area frequently for great fishing. The marina is spectacular. The grounds and pool are super clean, quiet and relaxing. Our group was a little upset not to have any restaurant or bar on the premises since there is nothing for miles around. I'm sure the property will get this deficit under control soon. Fishermen need good drinks and food near by after a huge day of catching all those fish.

Room Tip: All the rooms around the pool are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Laurie,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you like the property, pool and the great marina. The restaurant that was on-site was owned by a third-party company, we are currently working to find another restaurant to fill the space. Thank you again and we hope you have many more fantastic fishing outings here!

Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was the perfect place to have my daughters wedding. Very large lobby,nice dining room. Carol was a shining star . We rented all the available rooms and Carol treated my family like they were her own. The outside chicki hut was a bonus to have rehersal dinner outside. The Game room made a night of relaxation and fun. Some of the guests have booked again just for a get away weekend. It was a beautiful setting. Rooms had everything you would need Loved it. Again Carol went over the top for the event. I would reccommend anyone looking to hold an event to check them out. I could not of ask for a better place for Diana's wedding. Thank you again Carol.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great depends on if you want in the lobby area or outside room. I prefered outsid...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Mitzie E,
Thank you for choosing to hold your daughter's wedding with us! I'm excited to hear that everything went well and that Carol took great care of you and your party, she is a great asset to have. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her, I know she'll greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for letting us share in your daughter's special day. Come back and see us any time!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a long overdue review, as I was here April 2013. The address says Naples, but it is really not in Naples. It's outside of the city, in the Everglades, and it is a lovely place. The lobby of the resort has a wonderful old feel to it and my room was great. It was decorated in an old Tropical Florida motif and was very comfortable. The grounds are very pretty and there was a little courtyard where my room was, with the pool right on the other side of the wall. The front desk person was wonderful and so very helpful. I don't remember her name, but she was great! She answered all of my questions and even got a huge horsefly out of my car for me when I wasn't having any luck. I have to tell you, that thing was as big as a bird and probably would have killed anyone that it bit, but she just climbed right into the back seat like a super hero and managed to get it out. The prices are good and you get a lot for your dollar. It is in a great location if you are spending time in the Everglades, Big Cypress Preserve and Fakahatchee Strand. I would definitely go back if staying in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank bacbeth
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Bacbeth,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Port of the Islands Adventure Resort and for taking the time to give us your review. You are absolutely correct, our address says Naples, but we are located at least 15 minutes away from the city, deep into the Everglades. I'm pleased to hear our staff took great care of you and even helped with the horsefly. We truly do strive to exceed all our guest's expectations. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I love this place...and I know the connotation of the word. This is a beautiful hyperbole of what makes SWFL so very different than most parts of FL. Serene, yet classy and perfectly manicured. I particularly am enthralled with the Two Story Lobby. The 1st Floor Lobby TV blares FOX News. It has the coolest Mexican, or Aztec feel to it all.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HandshakeNewYork
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear HandshakeNewYork,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort. We too think southwest Florida is a unique place with so many characteristics that make it special. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our lobby to be a part of that unique southwest Florida charm. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked my room on Travelocity and tried to call the hotel directly for 4 days and left numerous messages and e-mails and they could not return any simple inquiry. I was forced to cancel my reservation via Travelocity due to a lack of basic confirmation of the reservation.

Good luck to all hope things turn out better for you than it did for me.

Room Tip: good luck this hotel needs to answer their phone during the day.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jdash64
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear jdash64,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the lack of communication on our part. I am looking into the matter to make sure that something like this never happens again.

Gary Locke - General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Sittingourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

A great place to stay if you want to be in the Everglades. If arriving after 5pm (as we did), contact them and they will leave your key in a lock box for you. The room had a microwave, fridge and hob and was great for an odd night or two, but there wasn't a lot there for a longer stay unless you want a very quiet holiday. We used it as a stop over for driving from the west coast to the Keys. Brilliant location for seeing some of the Everglades (we did a boat trip and saw manatees and alligators). The pool was lovely.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JudeB2013
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear JudeB2013,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take a tour to see some of our local Everglades wildlife. Our location in the Everglades is what makes up special. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Gary Locke - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Comfort Inn and Executive Suites
River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades
The Captain's Table Lodge
The Captain's Table Lodge
#2 of 2 in Everglades City

Been to Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!