“very nice indeed!”

Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 13 January 2014

So we stayed here for one night in December. We arrived around 6pm so reception was shut. The whole communal area is locked after 5pm so you need to use the ‘emergency phone’ outside the main doors to call up and they’ll give you a key code so you can collect your keys. It was fine but luckily we bumped into someone who helped us as we weren’t aware of this before hand and found it a bit strange that nobody was around but it was fine!

Our room was lovely and very well equipped. When I booked through a hotel website, it said ‘room contains a fridge and microwave’ so I was careful what food we bought as though we’d be limited but actually we had a very cute kitchenette with hot plates and pans, cutlery, plates etc so I needn’t have been so limited on my food choices. I thought it was great. Very clean and comfortable.

There’s not a lot nearby so be sure to take your food with you. We stopped in Naples at the whole foods supermarket which is truly the best food shop on earth. They have them throughout the US but we only have 5 in total in the UK. I highly recommend it if you love good food.

The whole site was very quiet and really nice. We were only there for the night but I would have happily stayed longer. Nice grounds, pool, marina, free wifi, lovely room etc. Very good and great value really. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GemmaR2012
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear GemmaR2012,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Port of the Islands Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be spacious and even better equipped than you thought. We strive to exceed expectations and give all our guests a fantastic experience. I hope you were able to tour some of the surrounding Everglades during your visit. Thank you again and we hope you can stay longer as well next time.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel's reception desk closes at 5pm. There is a late check-in procedure but no one to ask anything of after 5. Also, there's no food, which is weird for a place that calls itself a resort, I drove 22mi to Naples and back to get a pizza. The swamp walk is amazing though. Kalafarski is both knowledgeable and inspiring. Best activity I've done in the Everglades region. You'll be knee-deep (if you're tall) in water the whole time. Dry out your shoes and jeans with the hairdryer in your room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Jay W,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Port of the Islands Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time in the Everglades. We are currently looking for another restaurant vendor to fill the space we have, however breakfast is served daily to all guests. Thank you again for staying with and we hope to see you back soon.

Gray Locke - General Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Port of the Island Resort on December 25th through the 29th of 2013. We had a great time at the resort, marina, and the surrounding attractions. The Hotel and the rooms were very clean and accommodating. The guest services was always polite and went out of the way to help each guest. The hotel manager went out of her way to make sure we found a great restaurant. Captain Brien's) on Marco island and our needs were met. We purchased a fishing charter in the hotel porting out of the marina. The boat ride out to the gulf was so beautiful. We saw a couple manatees, a couple of dolphins, and several beautiful birds. We caught several fish which we took home. The fish tasted great fried and grilled. Captain Mike did a great job locating fish and making sure we had a fantastic time on the boat. Captain Mike made sure my wife was involved in the excitement of fishing. The hotel manager also booked us an air boat ride at Corey Billie's. The ride was great - skimming across the water seeing alligators, birds, and wildlife. At Corey Billies's we held a three foot alligator. It was amazing to feel the gator's soft cool skin. Later the same day we went to Marco Islands beach. The beach was beautiful with thousand of sea shells and one of the most prettiest sunsets I have ever seen. We had such a wonderful time we would recommend the hotel to anyone who loves the outdoors and a hotel that was clean, quiet, and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick2014
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Rick2014,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Port of the Islands Resort. I'm very pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and our staff was able to take great care of you. We truly do strive to give each guest a memorable experience. The Everglades are a special place and is sounds like you were able to experience a lot of what it has to offer. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

A beautiful property and marina. Spectacular lobby, great for retreats, weddings, base for fishing trips, expeditions tours. Across the road half mile away is an excellent shooting range with full skeet trap. Nice pool and tennis courts. BEWARE no bar or restaurant or mini bar or store anywhere. You have to have it with you. What a shame. So we only used this as a sleeping spot for our boating trips.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
SunStream-Management, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear CrackerJoe,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Port of the Islands Resort. I'm happy to hear you had a great time and found our location to be great for events and of course fishing. We give anglers a great marina and access to the 10,000 Islands. Thank you again and we do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

As always are annual fishing trip to Port of the Islands was a great success. The staff is always courteous and the Resort is a gem? Had dinner in Eveglades City at Seafood Depot. The marina is state of the art.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Jim C,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I'm happy to hear your fishing trip was a great success. I hope you all caught some fantastic fish! Nice to hear our staff did a great job of taking care of you, we love to give each guest a memorable experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We live in Fort Lauderdale and travel to the 10,000 Islands area frequently for great fishing. The marina is spectacular. The grounds and pool are super clean, quiet and relaxing. Our group was a little upset not to have any restaurant or bar on the premises since there is nothing for miles around. I'm sure the property will get this deficit under control soon. Fishermen need good drinks and food near by after a huge day of catching all those fish.

Room Tip: All the rooms around the pool are very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Laurie,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you like the property, pool and the great marina. The restaurant that was on-site was owned by a third-party company, we are currently working to find another restaurant to fill the space. Thank you again and we hope you have many more fantastic fishing outings here!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was the perfect place to have my daughters wedding. Very large lobby,nice dining room. Carol was a shining star . We rented all the available rooms and Carol treated my family like they were her own. The outside chicki hut was a bonus to have rehersal dinner outside. The Game room made a night of relaxation and fun. Some of the guests have booked again just for a get away weekend. It was a beautiful setting. Rooms had everything you would need Loved it. Again Carol went over the top for the event. I would reccommend anyone looking to hold an event to check them out. I could not of ask for a better place for Diana's wedding. Thank you again Carol.

Room Tip: All the rooms were great depends on if you want in the lobby area or outside room. I prefered outsid...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Mitzie E,
Thank you for choosing to hold your daughter's wedding with us! I'm excited to hear that everything went well and that Carol took great care of you and your party, she is a great asset to have. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her, I know she'll greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for letting us share in your daughter's special day. Come back and see us any time!

Gary Locke - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Marco Island Lakeside Inn
#4 of 12 in Marco Island
Moorings
Best Western Naples Inn & Suites
Ramada Naples
#23 of 59 in Naples

Been to Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort? Share your experiences!