We visited the Port of the Islands Resort during the first week of June. I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the resort as we drove in. It is located right before you hit the Florida Everglades preserve area. I loved the red clay tile roofs against the pale yellow buildings. There are multiple buildings on the grounds which is wonderful because it is not overly crowded and a very relaxed atmosphere. There are the most beautiful palm trees and plantings that remind one of how Florida used to be. I loved the very clean pool and it also was surrounded by beautiful trees and blooming shrubs. I found the entire grounds to be very clean and well kept.
My room was lovely and looked like it was recently updated. Included was a clean jacuzzi tub with a large shower that always delivered hot water at full stream. Hardwood floors and a what looked like brand new mini kitchen and bar area. The room was larger than most hotels and suited for 2 people. The good size flat screen TV swiveled so that it could be seen from the sitting area or in bed.
We ate every night in the restaurant that is located in the main building of the resort. It was great to not have to drive anywhere to eat or have drinks. It was just a short walk from our room. The menu had a nice variety of food including crab cakes, ribs, steak, chicken, fish and specials. We really felt at home in the bar area of the restaurant and ate there instead of the large dining room. My only complaint was the acoustics were bad and forget about intimate talking (lol). Fun was had by all on the one night they had a singer with guitar that got folks up to hand dance including a cool dude with an "Old Men Rule" shirt on! The party was over by 9pm which is appropriate for this style of resort. As I mentioned - relaxing!
I saw all ages enjoying themselves at the resort including romantic couples and families. There is plenty to do including the everglades adventures which can be booked in the resort and leaves from the marina - just steps away. The area was a great place to visit - Marco Island, Naples and Everglades City. This is not on a beach but you can drive to the Marco Island beaches in 10 minutes.
The rates were reasonable and the resort was clean and quiet. People were friendly but there was plenty of privacy. If you are one who likes to have their adventures during the day and relax at night you will like this resort. If you like a safe, relaxing place to stay - this is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Port of the Islands, we provide guests with amenities to ensure a comfortable experience. With a heated outdoor swimming pool, charcoal grills and a chickee hut for scenic picnics, an ample fitness center, a game room with poker and pool tables, and a marina, guests have the opportunity to engage in a wide range of exciting activities. The full service marina and ship store located at Port of the Islands features a boat launch ramp, live bait, fishing equipment, as well as limited snacks, drinks and sundries for a day on the water. Guests can also enjoy the food, drinks, and even karaoke at our on property restaurant, Angler's Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Port of the Islands Everglades Adventure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Port Of The Islands Resort And Marina Hotel Naples
- Port Of The Islands Everglades Adventure Resort Naples, Florida