“Excellent Service - Nice Resort”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
St. Louis
“Excellent Service - Nice Resort”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The first thing you'll notice upon arrival is the superior service. Everyone from the valet to the supervisors of the restaurant. For my family this is what sets resorts apart.
I was traveling with my husband and 4 year old daughter. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the number of families. My daughter had no problem making friends at the pool and beach. The kiddy pool was the best it was shallow enough that I could still lounge and read and in the morning when it was cooler it was nice and warm.
My husband played golf at Tiburon and he said his experience was wonderful. It was competitively priced and the rental for the shoes, and clubs were free. He was also given 2 sleeves of balls which were his to keep.
I used the fitness center every morning which had a good number of treadmills with media centers and other fitness equipment. The wonderful attendant (it's killing me that I can't remember her name) was so sweet. I was later than usual one morning and she greeted me with a beautiful smile, southern hospitality, water, cool towel and a friendly "you're late". I love it!
Overall I think the rooms and resort are a tad overpriced. The rooms are standard and for $500 a night I was expecting a little more. The Bvlgari soap is a nice touch but does not make up for the lack of luxury. We had a coastal view room and I must say the view of the beach and ocean was amazing (maybe that's what I was paying for).
The food was just okay. I think we had our best meal at Sushi. It was nice because they offered a kids menu for my daughter so my husband and I were able to have a nice sushi dinner and my daughter could have mac and cheese. The breakfast buffet was nice and had the most common breakfast selections. The sticky bun was really good!
The beach was amazing....we spent one of our days lounging and I can't say enough how nice it was
Be careful of the birds when you're lunching by the pool. We left some of my daughters lunch while we swam and it was gone by the time we got back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had a glorious three day get away at the Ritz. We were met by a very knowledgeable front desk manager and got an early check in for our room which had a wonderful view of the beach. The room was nicely appointed and has a separate dressing area and large bathroom. Our balcony was picture perfect to sip our drinks while watching the sunset. I had a "top 3" massage with Teresa; the spa is fantastic. We dipped in the mineral pool after the massage treatments. Wesley, at the pool, brought us lunch and then went inside to get my husband a gelato from the lobby shop. The beach is wonderful for a long walk. Dinner at the grill was relaxed and delicious.

Room Tip: Gulf view was fabulous if you want to experience an amazing sunset.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My colleagues and I stayed at the Ritz for a conference recently and everything was fantastic! The Ritz mentality of being empowered to resolve any issue and kindly respond with "my pleasure" is definitely felt, seen and heard throughout the property. Every room has a water view and is lushly appointed with Bulgari soaps and the most comfortable beds among other high-end amenities. The food on property is delicious in all the restaurants as well as room service. We especially enjoyed the H2O restaurant in the spa for it's fresh selections and relaxed atmosphere. I travel all over the world for work and this is, by far, the best hotel I have stayed in!

Pros:
Beautiful beach and sunsets
Immaculate property and rooms
Exceptional service in all departments
5* spa

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Indianapolis
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I cant really complain, but there was nothing over the top about this Ritz. My husband and I spent 5 nights at the hotel with our 7 month old and his parents for an "earned work trip." The hotel itself was nothing too special. Rooms were pretty standard, actually they were a bit on the small end and the crib they provided was metal and much smaller than a standard crib. The location by the beach was definitely a bonus and the ocean view was beautiful. Pool was big and the attendants were attentive if you needed water, a towel, or lounge.

Service was great. They were accommodating to my older father-in-law and were very prompt if we asked for something. Food was average as well but the desserts were delicious! Sticky bun at breakfast was yummy! Be sure to bring bug spray as there were tons of mosquitos ready to pounce! For a $400 a night hotel, nothing so ritzy to feel like you got your money's worth.

1 Thank NikNak30
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms are small, old bathroom,we were part of a conference and the food was awful. Boring salads, burgers that were frozen,and on and on. I ate sushi whenever I could. Our spa experience was fine for me but not good for my husband who had a novice therapist. We played golf at the resort which seemed more together as far as the way it was run. If we ever go back I would want to stay at the golf resort.

Room Tip: Go if the hotel is renovated!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fayzewayzer
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Thank you Ritz Carlton for another brilliant stay. This hotel is hard to match. As there appears to always be alot of business/conference people staying there is plenty of room for families around the pool and in the restaurants. We stayed on the Club floor once again and this is fantastic. Great staff who are always willing to help you with bookings and directions. Great Club room food and drink and not too busy.

Room Tip: If up grading leave this untll you get to the hotel and always negotiate on price as they have alway...
Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

As always, the staff and service are consistently 5 stars at the Ritz-Carlton Beach resort in Naples, FL. Amenities abound--wonderful pools, tennis courts, spa. A perfect place for a romantic trip for two or for a large family with children. The food at the Gumbo Limbo, The Pool, The Terrace, H2O, The Lobby, Sushi Bar and The Grille are always a delight! We can't imagine traveling anywhere else in the states but here for a warm weather getaway. You have spoiled us...and we once again thank you!

Room Tip: Splurge a little and upgrade to a club level gulf-front or gulf-coastal view room, you won't be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple