“Exceeded expectations”

Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Stamford, Connecticut
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I travel quite a bit and have high expectations. This place is fantastic.

From the check in where Rei was super fast, friendly, and followed up with a phone call to make sure I was comfortable in my room.

The valet parking attendants were attentive and quick despite a large conference in attendance.

The food at every event from breakfast, lunch, and dinner was superb.

The views and balconies, beach, and pool were great. I was impressed and hope to come back one with my family.

This Ritz is fantastic. Great job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank James N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We recently booked 2 adjoining rooms for our family and drove down 2.5 hours from Tampa to Naples. The hotel was fully booked because of the long Easter weekend but we did not feel that service was compromised. The rooms were beautiful with a great ocean and pool view. We enjoyed all of the restaurants on the property and while the "resort" prices are to be expected, the food and drinks were all very good. The full service beach setup with attendant was excellent. Our family had a wonderful 3 days there and we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TampaTravelers2011
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 30 April 2012

There were a handful of employees that made my stay special. Felicia at concierge was a huge help in choosing a great dinner the first night of our stay, Ray the bellman was always a friendly face, and Junior, our evening turndown assistant, was extra accomodating.
Although I have to say that after reading reviews from other people, I feel I was jipped on service. I did not receive face spritzes, offers to clean my sunglasses, or frozen grapes. In fact, I felt service around the pool to be lacking until my last day there. It took forever to get a drink. Some days, my room wasn't cleaned until late into the afternoon, around 3:00-4:00 when I want to come in, nap, and get showered and redressed for dinner. In fact, there were a couple of days I had to leave and occupy myself while they did it because it couldn't be done while I would typically be out. While I always consider the Ritz Carlton in the area I'm traveling as an excellent place to stay if they are available, the next time I travel to Naples I'd be inclined to try some place else.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a larger balcony so be sure to request one of those if you would like it. Rooms on...
1 Thank AnnieJ420
MO
Reviewed 29 April 2012

How can anyone complain about a hotel where the staff makes it their goal to say YES as much as possible?!?

The view was beautiful! (we were in Room 520) The hotel was immaculately clean! But besides that - the staff was AMAZING!!!!!

At the pool we were treated to face spritzes with Evian Water, sunglass cleaning by a staff member, frozen grapes delivered to us while we lounged by the pool. Seriously - why can't regular life be like THIS?! :D

Mo at Sushi was a GREAT bartender too!!

We love the Ritz and love that my husband's company pays for our room since we couldn't afford to stay here for every vacation. I wish more hotels would adopt their standard of service!

Thanks Ritz for another great vacation!

Room Tip: 520 is a bigger room than the standard with an INCREDIBLE view!
St. Louis
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The first thing you'll notice upon arrival is the superior service. Everyone from the valet to the supervisors of the restaurant. For my family this is what sets resorts apart.
I was traveling with my husband and 4 year old daughter. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the number of families. My daughter had no problem making friends at the pool and beach. The kiddy pool was the best it was shallow enough that I could still lounge and read and in the morning when it was cooler it was nice and warm.
My husband played golf at Tiburon and he said his experience was wonderful. It was competitively priced and the rental for the shoes, and clubs were free. He was also given 2 sleeves of balls which were his to keep.
I used the fitness center every morning which had a good number of treadmills with media centers and other fitness equipment. The wonderful attendant (it's killing me that I can't remember her name) was so sweet. I was later than usual one morning and she greeted me with a beautiful smile, southern hospitality, water, cool towel and a friendly "you're late". I love it!
Overall I think the rooms and resort are a tad overpriced. The rooms are standard and for $500 a night I was expecting a little more. The Bvlgari soap is a nice touch but does not make up for the lack of luxury. We had a coastal view room and I must say the view of the beach and ocean was amazing (maybe that's what I was paying for).
The food was just okay. I think we had our best meal at Sushi. It was nice because they offered a kids menu for my daughter so my husband and I were able to have a nice sushi dinner and my daughter could have mac and cheese. The breakfast buffet was nice and had the most common breakfast selections. The sticky bun was really good!
The beach was amazing....we spent one of our days lounging and I can't say enough how nice it was
Be careful of the birds when you're lunching by the pool. We left some of my daughters lunch while we swam and it was gone by the time we got back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We had a glorious three day get away at the Ritz. We were met by a very knowledgeable front desk manager and got an early check in for our room which had a wonderful view of the beach. The room was nicely appointed and has a separate dressing area and large bathroom. Our balcony was picture perfect to sip our drinks while watching the sunset. I had a "top 3" massage with Teresa; the spa is fantastic. We dipped in the mineral pool after the massage treatments. Wesley, at the pool, brought us lunch and then went inside to get my husband a gelato from the lobby shop. The beach is wonderful for a long walk. Dinner at the grill was relaxed and delicious.

Room Tip: Gulf view was fabulous if you want to experience an amazing sunset.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My colleagues and I stayed at the Ritz for a conference recently and everything was fantastic! The Ritz mentality of being empowered to resolve any issue and kindly respond with "my pleasure" is definitely felt, seen and heard throughout the property. Every room has a water view and is lushly appointed with Bulgari soaps and the most comfortable beds among other high-end amenities. The food on property is delicious in all the restaurants as well as room service. We especially enjoyed the H2O restaurant in the spa for it's fresh selections and relaxed atmosphere. I travel all over the world for work and this is, by far, the best hotel I have stayed in!

Pros:
Beautiful beach and sunsets
Immaculate property and rooms
Exceptional service in all departments
5* spa