“Your Wish is Our Command”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 1 August 2012

You go to the Ritz for the service. As you arrive you are gently swarmed with helpers. If you think it should be done, they probably have already thought of it and are doing it. The politeness is overwhelming. The rooms are above average, but essentially just hotel rooms. There is twice a day maid service. I suspect all the rooms have a balcony. Small but functional. Food is very pricey. Two drinks at the beach cost me $35 with the tip. But, that's what you expect, it's the Ritz. If it fits the budget and you can relax with the prices, you will be helped to be very relaxed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,997)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We just came back from having a wonderful weekend getaway at the Ritz, Naples.

We arrived and we were immediately assisted by the Bell and Valet staff. One of them Hernandez, escorted us to the reception desk and even assisted us with some questions we had. We were checked in by Kristen who also welcomed us with a big smile and even recognized we were there to celebrate my birthday. My husband is an Elite member, so we received an upgraded room without asking for it.
On our way to the room we noticed the hotel was very clean, and that decor is a fine of example of old world luxury mixed with some modern touches. So, if you are looking for a modern/contemporary resort this may not be for you.

The wooden elevators need some upgrades, but to me they looked interesting and seemed to fit the style of the resort. On our way to our room, the carpets, doors, baseboars, pictures, light fixtures, tables, etc. were clean. Once we arrived to the room I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The tub, towels, bath robes, sink were all clean. The bed was one of my favorites, it was very comfortable and had lots of feather pillows (per our request).

A birthday card with a box of chocolates was waiting for me, as well as a welcome letter from the GM.

The first day we had breakfast in the room. It was pricey but let me tell you it was delish! Everything was fresh and you could tell it was high quality.

We had lunch at Gumbo limbo, we tried the Crab nachos, chicken wrap and turkey burger and everything was good, our server Ephren was friendly and took good care of us.

We rented the two beach chairs with an umbrella for the entire day and took breaks while at the beach for lunch and a spa treatment without anyone taking our chairs. All we had to do is pull the back-rest forward to let the attendant know we were coming back.

I visited the Spa, and I was welcomed by two friendly ladies with two big smiles. The one that checked me in, was very friendly and when I told her it was my fist time there she took the time to explain the facility.
The showers, the lockers and the relaxing areas were clean. They do need to pay attention to the hot tub area. I noticed some mildew around the two big pillars.
I had the best massage ever! My massage therapist was Nadia and she was very sweet, attentive and informative. She has amazing hands.....I had the Vital 80 minutes massage, which includes a facial. I enjoyed both. They have summer specials so make sure you ask for those.

I did not give them an excellent rate because of the following:

Several light posts on your way to the boardwalk had lights out.
Elevators wood need to be re-finish. The little chandelier in one of the elevators was broken and had hanging crystals.
Elevators door need cleaning/polishing.
Umbrellas/Chairs should be complimentary for hotel guests.
They need to have some nightime chairs and lighting around the beach.
Spa needs a facelift. Mildew, by hot tub and steam room. More hooks are needed to hang bath robes and towels. Spa Bath robes are worn.
Noticed some trash around the facility: Cups, napkins etc.

We had an amazing time and we will love to go back. Hopefully by then, the issues above might be resolved.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maya S
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We went to the Ritz after bidding on an action benefit for the local Naples Hospice, I wish I had sent in the results of what we found sooner, maybe someone could have been saved some money and disappointment. Everything costs you money. A seat by the pool, parking. not to mention way out of line costs for beverages and food. We live in Naples so we got a ride to and from the hotel. We took our own beverage and snacks , walked to the other local buisness places for lunch and dinner. After 3 days and 2 nights our bill was $0. When we left we told them it was not so great. Oh, were they in a state of shock. I dont know how you rate rich people but the ones I know like to have fun. This place is not that.

Room Tip: Rooms are small for the money. Try and get a ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just returned from two nights. I got a suite for my family. The rooms are old in decore & need an upgrade. This hotel gives you nothing. For over $900 a night you would think they would give free wifi, NOPE!! They charge you for everything. I got a cabana at the relaxation pool & they are not comparable to other resorts. They stated they are brand new but my fridge did not work the first day.They tried to replace w another but tht also didn't work!!The food at the restaurants are ok not great. For the price this hotel is really not worth it.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jared523
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four days in July and it was very nice. The room was spotless and the bathroom was huge. The oceanfront view was fabulous, but it was a very long walk from the elevator. The beach was clean and the employees servicing the beachgoers were quick and friendly. I rented a beach umbrella for $13 after 2:00pm. The pools were great. I enjoyed the relaxation pool because the other pool was occupied by children. Employees at the pools are there to place towel like covers on the lounge chairs and provide towels. We were able to rent a car from Hertz at this hotel making is much simpler than going to the Naples airport 30 minutes away for a vehicle. Every meal was excellent. The outside restaurant near the beach had a fantastic grouper sandwich! The mango/pineapple punch available in the check in area of the lobby each afternoon was delicious! My husband attended conferences and said the rooms were freezing. We found this hotel stayed very cool and many times turned our air conditioner off in the room just to warm up. The bathrobes were an excellent touch. The fitness center was very chilly with beautiful machines and huge tv's. Bottled water is always available at several locations on the property. There were computers available on two different floors making it easier to check my emails when outside of my room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Does luxury mean formal? Not at the Ritz-Carlton Naples. You will be pampered from the time of arrival. The doorman and every member of the staff you meet after the doorman will show a definite concern for your happiness. Everywhere you go there is someone offering to do something for you or sincerely asking if you are having a good time. The hotel, the rooms and the view are all beautiful. All this luxury comes at a price, and it's worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We use the resort when we stay at the sister hotel, Naples Golf, and have been doing so for years. During our visit in March the service was way below expectations at the pool where we couldn't find anyone to set us up. When I did get the attention of a staff member he sauntered over defiantly and had a nasty attitude. My husband and I looked at each other and silently mouthed "where are we"? One of our fondest activities is to have lunch at Gumbo Limbo overlooking the Gulf. We looked forward to our favorite sandwich and was disappointed it was removed from the menu. We selected an alternative, with soup. The sandwich had absolutely no taste and the soup was oversalted and greasy. The waiter, who had an unhappy affect explained that chefs change often (we had not visited for 2 years). Upon leaving the restaurant we passed the manager and expressed our disappointment. He replied, without a smile, that he had told the chef that the soup was too salty and the chef took care of it, which was contrary to what happened. His reply when we told him the sandwich was tasteless was "I don't know what I could have done differently". Again, my husband and I silently mouthed "where are we"?
We concluded that the apparent unhappiness and lack of enthusiasm among the staff resulted in a sharp decline in service compared to our former visits. Since attitude, approach and staff contentment always come from the top we wonder what happened to management?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple