“Wonderful experience...well worth the money!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful experience...well worth the money!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

This was a wonderful weekend getaway for me and my husband. I had called ahead and explained that I need a quiet room bc I am a light sleeper and I am pregnant, and the reservations agent called ahead and guaranteed the arrangements. When we arrived, they even upgraded us free of charge to make the experience nicer for us. A few hours later after we hit the beach, we went back to the room and found a giant duck cookie with a congratulations for the pregnancy. I thought that was such a nice and unexpected touch.

The service overall is wonderful. Michelle at the front desk was great, the concierge was very helpful, and the valets and housekeeping were always very attentive. I loved the fact we could text the valet ahead of time and they would have our car sitting there just a few minutes later. Even when I had a small issue with the bill (they forgot to deduct the umbrella which was part of our summer beach package) the front desk quickly fixed the mistake and apologized for the inconvenience.

Overall, I really think this was such a nice experience and well worth the money. The beach is gorgeous and if you are looking for a quiet and low key getaway I suggest you check it out.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Maver17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I've been there twice on business and although the hotel is a little large and impersonal for my taste it was ideal for meetings - some of them continuing at the beach bar.
The beach itself is beautiful, especially at sunrise with no one around apart from the occasional jogger and playful dolphins. The lap pool is wonderful, and I usually had it to myself in the mornings.
My room was large and luxurious, with a marble bathroom and designer toiletries.
Excellent service with a smile from everyone and of course perfect weather. They arranged an excursion to the Everglades for two of us and rides to and from the airport very efficiently.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brancusirocks
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed here for a conference and it was gorgeous. The customer service was also amazing. I won't be able to afford it later but I'd definitely come again. The pool was also really nice. The beach right on site was an amazing touch.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, full of children, great beach and restaurants! Delicious breakfast in front of the pool, spacious rooms and great frozen drinks! Not as fancy as the breakers but a great option! There is an ice cream and candy shop inside the hotel that the children love! One of the pools in children free- there are 2 pools in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Clagmac
Maryland
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have stayed at hotels in Naples, Florida for over 50 years, for both business and pleasure. I enjoy the water, thus this hotel being right on the Gulf, plus 2 oversized swimming pools and a hot tub which are all open 24 hours per day, and perfectally maintained, could not be better. In addition, each restaruant we ate at had wonderful food and service. Every single employee (including the painters in a hallway busy touching up a doorway) greeted us with a smile and very positive attitude. I cannot say that for any other hotel in Naples, FL. The slight increased cost was WELL worth it. If you go to Naples, FL I cannot imagine staying anywhere else, and I have stayed at MANY other hotels.

Room Tip: Ocean view south tower was perfect for us, with a view of both the Gulf and the swimming pools, and...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Naples over Labor Day weekend. My husband and I frequent all types of hotels, depending our on type of vacation (e.g. Hampton Inn, Residence Inn, etc. when we're not going to spend much time in the hotel...all the way to Four Seasons when we want a relaxing, luxurious beach resort vacation). This was our first visit to a Ritz, and it was good, but all weekend we found ourselves comparing it to the Four Seasons properties we have visited, at it just didn't live up.

The accommodations are lovely. Fairly spacious rooms, well maintained, nice lighting in the bathroom, good storage space for clothes, nice amenities, etc. The only downsides for the room itself were the balcony - very, very small - and the shower - curtain wasn't long enough to stop water from escaping onto the floor, and no magnets to hold it in place so it attacks you during your shower.

We also found *most* of the hotel amenities to be quite nice - the fitness center was fabulous, the lobby was beautiful, the restaurants were decent. But the pools were a disappointment for us. Perhaps, again, based on too high of expectations. It was really weird to have a single lap lane in the middle of the relaxing pool, and although we don't have kids, the family pool really lacked the extras (no slide, no lazy river, not even any fountains/sprays).

The biggest disappointment for us, though, was the service...in select areas. The bell staff, front desk and fitness center attendant were all phenomenal - friendly enough, efficient and accommodating. The pool staff were horrific. We had to track someone down to order a drink and food and when we finally found someone, she seemed put off by our request to eat. The beach staff were slighly better, but still a struggle to find someone to take our money. :) The worst part is the chair policy ... or lack thereof. People come down early in the morning, pick out a chair, then leave for hours and hours. There's no limit on how long you can "reserve" your chair. I've never stayed at a high-end resort that allows this. Most have rules to prevent people from holding chairs hostage, when others want to use them now. We spent several hours three rows deep on the beach watching empty chairs with nobody in them to enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean. A few sets sat empty the entire 4-5 hours we were out there. The last day at the beach I finally asked the woman (Mary?) about it. She said it's just how it works - you have to get there early. To make sure I understood I asked, "so we can just come down when we wake up and pick a couple of chairs and they are ours for the day, whether we ever use them or not." She said, "Yep, that's what I'd suggest." I asked if they ever give away chairs if people have not been in them and she said no, because there's no way to know if they are coming back. Well, there is a way if you keep track of your guests. The Four Seasons in Maui and The Big Island have both found a way. I know it was Labor Day weekend, and it was crowded, but hotels have to be able to run efficiently and effectively, even during peak times. I don't accept that as excuse anymore.

Overall, I'd say we'd return if we got a good rate (we have the luxury of being a drive distance from Naples). In large part because we loved the town of Naples so much, and because this hotel was convenient to the beach. It was a decent experience, but it definitely wasn't what we expected, for the price we paid.

To their credit and great business sense, they did give us a $100 refund for our troubles. That never hurts to earn back repeat business.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GinaK1981
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My family just spent 4 days at the Ritz. While my husband was in meetings, my children and I were able to take advantage of the beautiful beach (where you can spot frolicking dolphins right offshore and a sandbar that was covered in sand dollars) and the pool. While the pool does get very crowded (we went down by 9 to reserve chairs) the pool attendants are so helpful that they make chair hunting a fun experience. Thanks go to Theo for grabbing chairs for my family on multiple days! The service in the hotel is great, complete with messages to our room to let us know why housekeeping did not appear in a timely manner to Lynn on the beach trying to find missing sunglasses. We look forward to our stay at the Ritz every year and my children are already planning their next visit. My only issue is that the hotel is very noisy and you can hear every door open and close on the floor, hopefully some of those problems can be fixed with insulation and slower closing doors during their upcoming renovation.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business