“Great Resort for a Golf Getaway”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Weston, Florida
“Great Resort for a Golf Getaway”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We have taken several trips to the Ritz to play golf. An excellent resort for 2-4 nights, you really never need to leave the resort. If you are planning a longer stay, you might want someplace with a more central location. The service is great and the restaurants are very good. After a day of golf, enjoy exceptional appetizers in the lobby bar or by the fire pit outside. The golf course is in excellent shape, although you may enjoy some of the reciprocal courses even more. The only negative was the bed we had was much too soft for our liking. We will definitely return.

1 Thank bjr926

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband & I live locally and visit this Ritz often for lunch, dinner or occasional overnight stays. We were excited for the big renovation this year that would improve the rooms and restaurants. The renovation was a complete success - the hotel is more gorgeous than ever! But, we can't figure out what happened to the service during this time?

After staying at several luxury hotels (St. Regis, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and Ritz-Carlton Sarasota to name a few) within the last 3-4 months, I swear each resort seems to just keep topping the previous in the service department. Like many Ritz customers, my expectation for service is high and Ritz normally realizes it's all in the details. I am really sad to say that this experience was WAY off from what we're used to.

This experience may not be the norm (I hope not!) but I wished someone would have warned me, so here goes...

Let me first give compliments to those who provided great service - the check-in staff, the valet, John at The Grill and Bob at Gumbo Limbo.

It was the service at the pool, Terrazza and the spa that we were unhappy with (which was 50% of the places we visited!)

Pool: Server continually walked by without acknowledging us even after I flagged him down. Another couple he was serving finally had to point out to him that we'd been trying to get drinks for a while.

Terrazza: Honestly, they should be embarrassed by how bad the service is here. We had lunch here on Saturday. We were one of the only tables at the time and I think we saw our waitress twice in over an hour. Got a mimosa instead of a bellini (even though I asked three times if they had bellinis), then drinks sat empty, bread came AFTER the meal and took forever for the check. We tried again on Sunday for breakfast and it was even worse. Sat at a table for almost 10 minutes with no server. Had to go to the host stand to ask for help. And so it continued...

Spa: Asked to book appt for 3:30pm and was given a frustrated explanation of how she "would have to move things around to make that happen". A simple "we're booked at 3:30pm" would have been much more professional than accommodating me, but making me feel guilty about it! More importantly, I booked the 90-minute Gingerbread Mani/Pedi, but was only given a 60-minute Express Mani/Pedi AND they tried to charge me for the former at spa check-out.

In all my years of coming here, we've never experienced anything like this. I really hope this was a one-time incident, but honestly, we're not in any hurry to go back to find out.

NYC
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a conference at the hotel. Had heard mixed reviews but I was pleasantly surprised by everything. The staff was beyond warm and welcoming. We had 2 rooms reserved. Both rooms were sparklingly newly renovated, spacious, well appointed and offered nice views. The pool/beach areas were great. The outdoor area where our conference's welcome party was held was lovely and the food great. Went to Dusk, their late night sushi bar afterwards for some snacks which we enjoyed. The conference space was beautiful. I was looking directly at the gulf all day. And the lunch was excellent. I'd go back again, even without a business excuse, anytime.

• Stayed November 2013
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Living here locally in Naples, Florida with the Ritz on the beach being a major center piece of this community, thought It would be cool to stay here for a weekend after its highly touted renovations.

Bottom line, highly disappointed. For $599 plus tax per night, the "funeral parlor" atmosphere of the main lobby remains. So very dark and sullen. Guest room hallways have surely been brightened and indeed sport soft lighter colors, the rooms themselves, are well strange to describe. Very avant garde , don't know how to describe, surely not tropical nor traditional either. Disappointed too know separate stall shower from the bath tub.

Food and beverage extremely expensive. A simple burger was $19.00, surely the highest in Florida. Buffet breakfast for my 4 and 5 yr old grandchildren was $26.00 each!

The pool area is "ok" surely nothing to write home about. Self parking which was previously available no longer is and a pretty hefty charge is made for valet.

Stayed at numerous other Ritz Carlton's across Florida from Amelia Island to Sarasota to Fort Lauderdale to South Beach to Key Biscayne and this Naples on the beach resort even in its freshened state in my opinion is the least desirable while commanding room rates higher than any of them.

Once is enough, no more for me!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Steelmuscle
NJ
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I loved all (3) Ritz Carlton hotels I have stayed in but the service at the Ritz Carlton, Naples definitely surpasses the others! The grounds and building are impeccably maintained and the rooms are large and very nicely furnished. I liked the fact that there are two pools, one for families and a lap pool that is quieter. I loved everything about this hotel, especially the wonderful, friendly service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank honley
McLean, VA
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Following retirement from my longtime job, I recently spent a week at this newly renovated hotel with my wife on a second honeymoon. I knew something about this hotel having stayed at the Naples RC Golf Resort in the summer of 2012 whence we had visited this RC beach hotel daily for 10 days in a row (and had a great time using their facilities with the family.) In any event, staying at the hotel with just my wife was a delight. Everything was excellent from the moment we arrived, got a wonderful welcome, and an immediate upgrade. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the renovated room was quite large, very modern, light, and airy. It was not remotely "traditional" as I had been expecting. The huge king bed was fantastic--must have cost a fortune. The special ASPREY soaps and shampoo were a treat. This is a glorious place to be if you want to be attended to and also (very much) be by the sea and on the beach. My wife and I rose at dawn daily for a one hour walk at sunrise on the beach with egrets, herons, stingrays, and even dolphins (yes!). This was followed by a superb breakfast buffet and then 12 more hours of glorious hotel, cafe, pool, beach, and bar amenities and service. The staff are well trained and never far away. Plus the hotel shops have some very stylish clothing and beachwear as well as jewellery and other merchandise, and warrant an exploration at a minimum. The only time we left the hotel grounds was to take the free RC shuttle bus to the gorgeous RC Golf Resort a few miles away! It's just the holiday I was dying to have. This may be hard to top. Rooms are extremely expensive, granted, but the hotel is unique and very lovely, with immense and very tastefully decorated public areas. Snacks, meals, drinks, etc. are generally reasonably priced. So although it costs $700 a night for a room, you can get lunch by the pool for $15-20 a person. I've started saving after this visit and already reserved for 2014!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Have stayed their a lot for work and play. First time since 45million dollar remodal. They could have spent 100 million. Suites have tub showers. 2000$ a night and tub showers "are u kidding" Very loud halls and workers are not that nice. Best beach but it was under constuction. They never mentioned it before i made the reservation. Loud at 7am. You are better off staying at the golf and using the beach or staying somewhere else. Too bad.

1 Thank earlJC