“Newly Remodeled”

Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Newly Remodeled”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Spent the Thanksgiving Holiday with my family at the hotel. The rooms have just been remodeled to a more grayish-blue color palette, with what I would describe as a seaside art-deco style. I have been coming to this hotel for over 12 years and is the second remodel I have experienced at the hotel. I was happy to see the remodel, because the the previous rooms were looking worn, however many things on the renovation were a quick facelift with a fresh coat of paint, new carpet, and a couple pieces of new furniture. I am not sure on the feel of the rooms and sort of liked the previous tropical West Indies style before. Not much in the main hotel has changed. The lobby, banquet halls, and other general areas all remain the same. "The Grill" restaurant has gotten the same fresh coat of grayish paint over the old dark wood panels and the bar has been remained "Dusk" and was completely gutted and renovated to a hip feeling place with a sushi bar and lots of televisions. We enjoyed our stay, the service was excellent, and we will back next year.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with an adjoining door, you can hear your neighbors and I'm sure they can hear you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank John S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I didn't expect to be listening to the Tv and talking in the room next door at the Ritz. The wall are thin and I am having to sleep with headsets on. The shower was not cleaned well, as there was black hair on the walls from the last quest. So sad, as I have stayed at many Ritz properties over the years in other cities and this property is beautiful but the standards are lacking.

Room Tip: Do use room 1119
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LindaSail
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here for a business conference and loved it. I wish I would have brought the family. The service was first rate, very friendly and helpful. The beach area was great and I enjoyed a very nice and scenic walk down the beach. I loved watching the sunset from Gumbo Limbo restaurant. It was perfect how all the chairs face the beach! I just wish I was with my husband instead of a co-worker! We grabbed a quick lunch at the pool bar when we got there and were starving. The food was good and the bartender was extremely nice. After I saw the beach restaurant, I was kicking myself for not exploring more before I choose the pool bar. The rooms were very nice and clean with plenty of room and luxuries. Super soft beds! View was a nice one, looking south down the coast. Nice grounds and pool area. I didn't get to enjoy the spa but I was in need of a quick mani-pedi which would have cost me over $250 at the spa so I opted to drive a mile and get it done for $60. The staff even gave me directions which I appreciated. There is also a very nice shopping area near by which came in handy. The conference food was good except for the breakfasts, I thought they were very average and especially for a Ritz. All is all, I would love to go back.

Room Tip: A view to the South seemed to be better than a view to the North where you are looking at parking g...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cobo418
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Whilst holidaying in Naples we took afternoon tea at The Ritz-Carlton. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very attentive. The tea was delicious (we opted for the Royal Tea which included a glass of champagne plus strawberries and cream) with a great selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones. After tea we walked down to the beach to watch the sunset, bliss!
The tea is quite expensive ($45 per person plus taxes and gratuities) but is well worth the money and, as is the norm in the USA, the hotel were happy to box up any uneaten goodies to take home.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
hmseminole
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The newly refurbished rooms are incredible. However, the restaurants were not good and Not close to the ritz standards. I would recommend you stay here but eat off the property.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank hmseminole
Great Midwest
Reviewed 2 December 2013

When I travel I only stay at Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton and we have been consistently coming to this property for years on Thanksgiving. I was traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 6 and 10. Like most big companies in the world today when they have something good they just can't leave it alone and here is a prime example. The multi-million dollar renovation was a huge let down. To start the majority of the rooms at this property used to be 2 queens with a chaise sleeper chair making it very unique and comfortable for families. Well someone at RC corporate decided that 2 queens in a room with a sleeper chair was not going to be part of the new remodeling upgrades and they were all replaced with just 2 double beds in each room and no sleeper chair. The only rooms offering 2 queens now are the ocean front room categories. At check in we were delightfully greeted by Kirk and Brandon. Brandon went out if his way to find us a room on the club level using our upgrade certificate. A big shout out to Brandon.

THE ROOMS: The new decor has taken things to a modern contemporary feel quite different and plain from what you expect when you go to the Ritz and you will either love it or hate it. A complete 360 degree turn from what it used to be. At least before this property may have not had the most exciting decor but you always knew what to expect with the rooms and what you were getting. The rooms are done in light blue pastel colors and are plain and tasteless in my opinion. The new double beds were fairly comfortable and my wife and I were hanging on to each other to keep from falling off the side of the bed because they are so small. The bed foundation is quite tall making it hard to get in and out of bed if you are not very tall or physically challenged. Doing away with the queen beds was a huge mistake and someone didn't use good judgment when they made that decision at RC. The linens, pillows, and towels were very nice.

RESTAURANTS: Modern decor has swarmed through the hotel like a hurricane and you will see this evidence of this at Terrazza Restaurant formally the Terrace as well as Dusk which is the sushi bar/ lounge located off the lobby. But don't get too excited about Dusk. Yes they still offer nice cocktails and sushi as well as appetizers but make sure you get your appetizer order in before 10pm because you won't get any after. This is thee only lounge in an upscale resort I ever been to in my life and where you can't get an appetizer after 10pm in the lounge which is absolutely ridiculous. We had the Thanksgiving buffet just like every year in the ballroom and we will probably opt out of it next the year. The ballroom is great and the ambiance and live entertainment are wonderful however $1050.00 for 4 adults and 5 children is getting just a little spicy. We did have a bottle of wine however but there are wonderful restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner for a fraction of the cost. Not sure how much the kids really appreciate it. We didn't eat the Grille this time however the modern decor is there as well.

SPA: We tried to use the spa like I do every year but there were road blocks at every turn. Both the men's and women's steam rooms are closed for renovation as well as the outdoor hot tub. This only leaves you with the dry heat sauna to use and indoor hot tub. When we made the reservation they made sure to tell us to take advantage of the spa but didn't tell us most of the spa amenities were closed! I guess those spa coupons really didn’t help.

CLUB LEVEL: The club level on the 14th floor is wonderful. It made up for some of the disappointment. Miss Tally, Miss Jane, Miss Margaret, Miss Ellen, and Miss Esmeralda and their staff do an incredible job of keeping you full with appetizers, cocktails, and deserts throughout the day until 10pm. They work hard from morning till late evening and their efforts are definitely recognized and appreciated. They have a concierge desk in the club that can make your dining and tourist reservations as well. If you can afford the club level or can upgrade to it I highly suggest it. The service they provide is 2nd to none and they are not happy until you are happy. This is by far a fantastic club level lounge and worth upgrading to. Certainly it’s the best club level lounge of any RC property I visited.

Service Animals: This property has a no pet policy except for service dogs. However people bring their dogs to this property and say it is a service dog and the hotel won't challenge this as verified by Rei the front desk manager on duty. Many people at this resort bring their dogs for comfort and support or simply because they can't find anyone to watch them while they are away or simply choose not to pay to kennel them. But these are not service DOGS!

The definition of a service dog is an animal that is specifically trained to help someone with a disability. These are working animals, not pets. The work or task that the dog has been trained to do must be directly related to the persons disability. Dogs whose sole purpose is to provide emotional support or comfort for a child or elderly person does not qualify under the ADA but this resort won't enforce this. A service dog does not need to be certified or trained by any state or government agency and anyone can train a service dog as long as it meets the requirements of the ADA. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act it is a federal crime to use a fake service dog however privacy laws built into the act make it impossible for prosecution so the resort will not challenge this when you tell them your dog is a service dog.

Other words you can bring your dog to this property and say it’s a service dog and the hotel will accept this and won’t do anything about it. Some folks even bought fake patches that state their dog is a service dog just because they wanted to bring it. You will also see many elderly people with their dogs that they brought for companionship faking them as service dogs and it’s disgraceful. All the resort has to do is ask the guest one simple question. What is your dog trained to do???? When the reply is "my dog is trained to keep us company" the resort has every right to ask them to leave. I don't think I will stay here any longer due to fact the resort will not enforce people faking service dogs and this is a serious problem.
Read more about it here. http://t.nbcnews.com/health/fake-service-dogs-growing-problem-8C11366537

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank caymankid
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel at least once a year for the last seven years. Always a consistent high level of service. From the front desk reception to the maid service - always friendly, caring service. The hotel has a nice selection of restaurants, a very nice pool, spa, kid services and a great beach. The Ritz is the ritz what more can you say.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business