“Best Service Average hotel”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were looking forward to stay over the new year at Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Definitely this place has the best service ever, people are nice and prompt to serve you. Unfortunately the hotel itself is in average ranking, nothing so special about it except this is on the beach. With the price per night and valet fee ($28) everyday we have to pay, I don't know I want to come back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kesama
Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The person answering the phone at the front desk refused to confirm a reesrvation without the confirmation number . Not exactly the service one expects! I'm hoping things improve if we actually able to check in without a confirmation number.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank bcwjlw
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our first time in Naples. I am absolutely in love with this hotel! The service is absolutely perfect, so friendly and yet always courteous and prompt. We had two rooms, one a suite on the club level (for my husband and me) and a beautiful beachfront room on the 9th floor for the kids. Both were spotlessly clean and so beautifully decorated.

The details are just perfect, right down to the coffee stations throughout the hotel. The towels are just soft enough and the beds are amazing. Can you tell we loved our stay?!

On a less-good note, we found the restaurants (Gumbo Limbo and Terrazo) to be less stellar, service-wise. We would skip those next time. The food was merely fine and without the great Ritz-quality service just not worth the price. Since those aren't the hotel I still think the hotel merits a "5" ranking. Just not sure if I want to go to the trouble of reviewing the restaurants!

Room Tip: Room 915 is right on the ocean. Beautiful. Room 1423 looks out on the courtyard but with a southwe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PeachtreeMom4
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and each time they do a great job of taking care of me. Everything from the check in process to them greeting me each morning as I enter the main lobby. They have trained the staff well to look after the details like bottles of water at each exercise machine next to a fresh towel, or a cooler full of cold towels for you after your work out. It is the little things that matter and keep me coming back.

If you ever visit during the month of December you will appreciate the giant gingerbread house that they create every year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I've grown fond of the traditional Holiday Tea at the Ritz Cleveland, in my hometown, but our scheduling would have it that we'd be in Florida during that time frame in 2013. So, we decided to take my 14-mo. toddler to the teddy bear tea at the Ritz Naples. This tea service is a little different from the traditional service because it is dedicated to children, and my review comments on what I like and didn't like based on the traditional service. Large teddy bears are placed near the lobby/parlor, where a photographer takes a picture of the guests upon arrival. We were then seated in the lobby/parlor at tables decorated with white linens and chiavari chairs that were brought in for the occasion. Upon seating, we were offered two teas (Ritz blend, which is my favorite) and a decaffeinated vanilla. I was a bit disappointed since I read a recent review commenting on the rose lychee black tea. In Cleveland, I've always been offered selection between 5 flavors. However, the Ritz blend is the tastiest ever, so I wasn't too crushed. Continuing, we were served tea sandwiches and our dessert pastries. My second critique is on the sandwiches. They weren't served as lovely cut-outs or as open-faced artwork like my traditional experience. The presentation of the sandwiches was lacking appeal. The pastries tasted amazing and were spot-on (tastiest scones I've ever had), but the tiered dessert trays seemed a bit outdated and can be replaced perhaps with something more modern. My next critique is based on the teddy bear. Despite our party of six adults at $66/person, the Ritz still charged us $15 for a teddy bear since my daughter was not a paying guest (she is too young for hot chocolate and treats). I just thought that felt a bit stingy, but $15 isn't a huge markup on a teddy. My greatest critique is based on the Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus, who visited with each child. Up North in Ohio, almost all Santa Clauses look truly authentic. Generally, they are older men with real white beards. This Santa was so ridiculous looking, with his costume beard, that I was a bit disappointed for the purpose of the picture. And, while my daughter did fuss a bit (being at that age) during the picture, Mrs. Claus looked completely ticked in all our photos. She forgot to smile, so the picture was a wash anyway. But, my biggest grievance overall was the insistence on Santa and the servers to carry on with this "Happy Holidays" theme. Each time we wished any of them a "Merry Christmas", they would respond with the ridiculously PC "Happy Holidays". It sounds so forced from a Santa. Regardless of the person dressed as Santa's belief, he elected to play a character. At first, I thought it was the Ritz policy, but all the servers at the Grill, where we dined later in the evening, were responsive to Merry Christmas greetings. The entire event was a bit hectic, as one would expect with children. That is no fault to the Ritz. We all enjoyed the event, but I think my hometown Ritz may perfect it just a tad bit more.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank mbseuf
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This is truly a wonderful resort with amazing accommodations and amenities. The staff is very down to earth and friendly! The restaurants are truly excellent! There is a wonderful lady there by the name of Laura Crawford who always makes guests feel welcomed! She, I think, is in charge of food and beverages. I have been there twice now for the annual Teddy Bear Tea for my children to see Santa and I can honestly say that it is an excellent experience! The resort is beautifully decorated. The food is always wonderful and the service top notch! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

What can I say other than amazing! This is a beautiful resort. The rooms are very well appointed and spacious. It's fair to say that every small detail has been thought about. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. I visited on a business trip and would highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business