2,133 results
All reviews gumbo limbo the grill mineral pool sushi bar club level family pool four seasons an umbrella beach restaurant turn down service beautiful hotel valet parking golf resort gulf view room pool staff watching the sunset lobby bar
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton is very nice ,very clean, and the staff was great. Kudos to the guys that work the pool area Martin Luther King weekend outstanding job.

The bedding are not comfortable at all compare to other Ritz Carlton

The downstairs coffee shop extremely slow. I would add most food and beverage places except pool side.

You know how Ritz Carlton they know you by your last name. Not this one had our last name wrong for the entire stay on our phone every time we called they said somebody else's last name. I did tell the staff it it was wrong the first two times I called.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Brad H
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Ritz for a meeting. While the hotel was lovely, and we enjoyed being there, I am not sure we would choose to stay there again. There were a few small issues which I would not have expected at a Ritz property. We got to our room and discovered that one of our key cards had not been activated. The room safe was closed and locked from the previous guest so we were unable to access the safe. Having been awake since 4am, I put the do not disturb sign on the door that afternoon to take a nap before our dinner engagement. Imagine my surprise when I received a call from Guest Services saying they had a welcome package for me but could not make the delivery because the do not disturb sign was on the door! When I replied that was because I was taking a nap and did not want to be disturbed, her response was that she could not make the delivery until the do not disturb sign was off the door! I said I would remove the sign, accepted the delivery, put my sign back out and attempted to get back to sleep. What was she thinking? I am not sure she ever realized how silly this was- and from "guest services" to boot! On our way out to get something to eat, we stopped to activate the key card and request the opening of the safe, assuming it could be opened while we were out. Instead, we were told we had to be present when the safe was opened, even though there was no possibility anything in the safe belonged to us! (Admittedly, the housekeeper should have opened the safe while cleaning for a new guest, but surely 2 members of staff could have opened the safe rather than requiring us to be present.)
The food was good but very expensive- about $75-$80 for a lunch for 2 with no alcohol and about $70 for the breakfast buffet for 2. Our group had been quoted a price of about $235 per person for a seated dinner, so the planner chose a buffet, which about $125 per person.
The biggest disappointment was the size of the bathtub, which was very short and narrow, again unusual for a Ritz property. Another strange quirk was the positioning of the water controls for the shower/tub. There was only one control knob located about halfway between ceiling and floor. That meant having to stand up from the bath to turn off the bath water. I am short so asked if others in our group had this issue as well and they too could not reach the knob without standing. This is not only an inconvenience but could be unsafe for unstable or older guests. I do not know if all the rooms have this small tub and strange placement of knob arrangement, but if you want to enjoy a bath, you may want to make a special request.
I had a wonderful massage and the spa area was very nice with sauna, steam, whirlpool, warm and cold baths, as well as mineral pool. The spa restaurant had some good choices. The suggested service charge for the massage was 22% which seems a bit high but my massage was so good, I allowed the addition. Upon checkout, I was charged for a spa add-on service that I did not have, but this was immediately removed when I questioned the charge.
All told, we enjoyed being there, and in the scheme of things, my complaints are minor. Rather, it was the accumulation of all these individual issues that I would not expect from a Ritz property.

2  Thank emfeAthens_Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at the Ritz for a business meeting last week. This resort is first class all the way. Rooms are lovely although the hotel itself does not have a real beach feel. Service is fantastic. Everyone goes above and beyond to ensure that you are satisfied and they all seem genuinely happy to work there. Gumbo Limbo is a fantastic beach bar with great drinks and food plus a wonderful view of the beach. Our business events were handled very professionally and the food was wonderful. Great job Ritz!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This trip was for business/pleasure. This particular Ritz-Carlton is located right on the beach in Naples Florida. What more could you ask for. Although this January the weather was not as warm as I expected. But the Ritz can keep you busy. The beach itself is beautiful the sand feels like walking on flour. There is a wonderful little tiki bar right there for drinks or lunch. Service is prompt and right there for you, for all you have to do is "raise your little flag on the beach" and they will come :) Loved my room, bed was comfy. Food is a tad "resort over priced" but it all tasted good. We attended a opening night reception for the business, and a banquet and all the food was good. So Whats a girl to do when its too cold out and hubby is in meetings.... go play in the spa! The spa is very nice, service very friendly. I spent a whole morning getting a message, sauna, steam, lounging around and using all their fun products in the shower. Great way to decompress from the northeast cold. They also have services for children which our friends used and they raved about. There is a family pool and a lap pool which both are nicely heated. Kudos to the hotel management that trains the help, I know its their business to make the customer happy, but I felt that everyone was just genuinely nice and helpful. Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone just treated everyone that way every day.

1  Thank monabell1122
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Live in Naples and have dined at the Grill Room pre-renovation. When the hotel reopened, we went there expecting the same wonderful dining experience. The service was awful. Had to flag down the waitress to take our order and to refill our water glasses; shared vegetables delivered without serving utensils. This is a steak house and a steak that was ordered medium rare was served medium to medium well!
Wrote to the GM of the hotel and never got an answer. Sent a copy of that letter to the President of the Ritz-Carlton expressing my displeasure with the dining experience and my shock at not getting an answer from the GM. He never answered either!! How long can a facility trade on it's reputation before experiences like ours catch up with them!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple