2,133 results
All reviews gumbo limbo the grill mineral pool sushi bar club level family pool four seasons an umbrella beach restaurant turn down service beautiful hotel valet parking golf resort gulf view room pool staff watching the sunset lobby bar
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I truly regret to have to write this review. My husband and I have been loyal Ritz patrons since we were married at a Ritz in 2008. We have visited a Ritz property at least 2-3 times a year ever since. This property was clearly geared to business meetings and has forgot about the leisure traveler.

We checked into Naples property for a 6-night stay and checked out 3 nights later. This experience was so disappointing that we are considering not going back to the Ritz and cancelling our rewards membership. We have been loyal and after this past trip feel like the brand did not live up to its reputation and will not worth the added expense. Here are some examples of our experience.

1. Pre-Arrival. Concierge requests for dining, nanny service and fitness schedule were all ignored and not followed up upon. I had to ask 4 times.

2. Check-in. Many details here but the short review is it took over 1.5 hours and 2 room changes. We paid for club level and we were on a different floor and very far away from the elevator. This is fine but with two children 2 and 4 it was far from ideal.

3. Not Kid Friendly. When making this reservation I called and spoke to make sure that this property was kid friendly. The staff was very convincing and we proceeded. This property is not kid friendly and it is a disservice to parents to promote it that way. I also met another guest who had the same complaint and took the same steps by calling your hotel. She was also sorely disappointed at your amenities for children. Please rethink this hotel if you are traveling with children - especially young children. As a working mom this time is so precious and this is not the place to spend it.

4. Beach Construction. There was heavy equipment doing construction on the beach and moving sand from one location to another with large dump trucks across the Ritz beachfront. This was not disclosed and was stressful with 2 young children as it was a constant back and forth and we had to move and let the trucks go by all day long. We had to relocate to the pool. Another major disappointment. The purpose of choosing this location was the sandy gulf beaches.

Also, they were charging $25 for umbrellas on the beach which seemed very uncharacteristic and tasteless of a luxury hotel.

5. Leaving Early. Even though the last part of our trip was on reward points from all of our stays we could not wait to leave the property. We considered moving hotels but after spending over $700 a night for this treatment that we just cut our losses. I am sure that is not how you should feel when you leave the Ritz.

On a positive note, housekeeping was helpful and Mr. Harold on Club level was amazing. He was the only one that did not treat us like second class citizens for having children and was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank JKK88
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our third January trip to the Ritz-Carlton Naples. Unlike the previous years, we didn't use the beach chairs or the beach side tiki bar/restaurant due to unseasonably cold windy, rainy weather so I can't comment on that this trip but they were great in past years. The service as usual was superb with friendly greetings by name from the staff. We had one afternoon which was warm enough to have lunch at the poolside café and enjoy the pool. Food was excellent and staff was attentive. The new beach theme décor in the hallways is pretty, but the rooms in the hotel look ordinary. To me they have lost the "special opulence" feel that set the Ritz apart from other upscale hotels.

Our room was a connecting one which meant there was no chaise lounge like other rooms (it would block the doors), but the bell staff brought in a comfy chair at our request. We've had a room overlooking center court in the past which is very nice because it gives you a direct view of the sunset and the Ritz's beach area. This year, we were booked into a room with a view north up the coast. We had a fantastic view of the waves kicked up by the windy conditions, but missed seeing the sun set directly over the ocean which is one of the reasons we like to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view. The rooms overlooking the center court have a direct sunset view in the winter. If you like city views, ask for a room on the north side.
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

The Ritz Carlton is very nice ,very clean, and the staff was great. Kudos to the guys that work the pool area Martin Luther King weekend outstanding job.

The bedding are not comfortable at all compare to other Ritz Carlton

The downstairs coffee shop extremely slow. I would add most food and beverage places except pool side.

You know how Ritz Carlton they know you by your last name. Not this one had our last name wrong for the entire stay on our phone every time we called they said somebody else's last name. I did tell the staff it it was wrong the first two times I called.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Brad H
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Ritz for a meeting. While the hotel was lovely, and we enjoyed being there, I am not sure we would choose to stay there again. There were a few small issues which I would not have expected at a Ritz property. We got to our room and discovered that one of our key cards had not been activated. The room safe was closed and locked from the previous guest so we were unable to access the safe. Having been awake since 4am, I put the do not disturb sign on the door that afternoon to take a nap before our dinner engagement. Imagine my surprise when I received a call from Guest Services saying they had a welcome package for me but could not make the delivery because the do not disturb sign was on the door! When I replied that was because I was taking a nap and did not want to be disturbed, her response was that she could not make the delivery until the do not disturb sign was off the door! I said I would remove the sign, accepted the delivery, put my sign back out and attempted to get back to sleep. What was she thinking? I am not sure she ever realized how silly this was- and from "guest services" to boot! On our way out to get something to eat, we stopped to activate the key card and request the opening of the safe, assuming it could be opened while we were out. Instead, we were told we had to be present when the safe was opened, even though there was no possibility anything in the safe belonged to us! (Admittedly, the housekeeper should have opened the safe while cleaning for a new guest, but surely 2 members of staff could have opened the safe rather than requiring us to be present.)
The food was good but very expensive- about $75-$80 for a lunch for 2 with no alcohol and about $70 for the breakfast buffet for 2. Our group had been quoted a price of about $235 per person for a seated dinner, so the planner chose a buffet, which about $125 per person.
The biggest disappointment was the size of the bathtub, which was very short and narrow, again unusual for a Ritz property. Another strange quirk was the positioning of the water controls for the shower/tub. There was only one control knob located about halfway between ceiling and floor. That meant having to stand up from the bath to turn off the bath water. I am short so asked if others in our group had this issue as well and they too could not reach the knob without standing. This is not only an inconvenience but could be unsafe for unstable or older guests. I do not know if all the rooms have this small tub and strange placement of knob arrangement, but if you want to enjoy a bath, you may want to make a special request.
I had a wonderful massage and the spa area was very nice with sauna, steam, whirlpool, warm and cold baths, as well as mineral pool. The spa restaurant had some good choices. The suggested service charge for the massage was 22% which seems a bit high but my massage was so good, I allowed the addition. Upon checkout, I was charged for a spa add-on service that I did not have, but this was immediately removed when I questioned the charge.
All told, we enjoyed being there, and in the scheme of things, my complaints are minor. Rather, it was the accumulation of all these individual issues that I would not expect from a Ritz property.

2  Thank emfeAthens_Georgia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at the Ritz for a business meeting last week. This resort is first class all the way. Rooms are lovely although the hotel itself does not have a real beach feel. Service is fantastic. Everyone goes above and beyond to ensure that you are satisfied and they all seem genuinely happy to work there. Gumbo Limbo is a fantastic beach bar with great drinks and food plus a wonderful view of the beach. Our business events were handled very professionally and the food was wonderful. Great job Ritz!