2,122 results
All reviewsgumbo limbothe grillmineral poolsushi barclub levelfamily poolfour seasonsan umbrellabeach restaurantturn down servicebeautiful hotelvalet parkinggolf resortgulf view roompool staffwatching the sunsetlobby bar
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Reading the other reviews, I'm wondering if I stayed at the same hotel. It's possible that the cost of the hotel drives a very difficult clientele?

We generally stay at luxury hotels (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, etc.), and this hotel lives up to that class. It's a very luxurious hotel. The staff always remembered our names, and gave a sweet gift to our daughter unexpectedly.

Pros:
- Luxurious, newly renovated, everything's in great condition.
- Beautiful grounds, pools, beach, restaurants.
- Staff and service were incredible. From valet, to hosts, to servers, everyone was great.
- Beautiful spa

Cons:
- Very expensive ($700/night for our pretty standard room)
- Maybe a bit uptight. Fitting for someone who likes to dress up.
- Spa closes early and we didn't get to use facilities after treatment.

Overall, we would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gqkz
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at the Ritz in Jan 2014. The beach was nice but water was cold. I stayed at the Ritz in Maui and felt the service and grounds keeping was much better. The Ritz in Naples was a nice hotel but I felt it was not to the "Ritz" standards. I probably would not stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cincifoodie
TheRitzCarltonNaples, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful white sand beach but sincerely apologize that your overall visit did not meet your expectations. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service to our guests and learning that we fell short of this standard during your stay is disappointing. To ensure this lapse in service is addressed, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to contact our hotel’s Executive Office.

Jon McGaunn
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Every Ritz is a grand experience, but the sounds travel from room to room very easy. We could hear the next room's TV, conversation and even someone cough. This is a common complaint from other guests.
The beach Is gorgeous and the pool service is wonderful. For the price there are other top shelf beach hotels in the area.
The spa was wonderful, had a massage that was good and a facial that was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TheRitzCarltonNaples, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for submitting your detailed review of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. While I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our beach, pool and Spa services, I apologize that ambient noise from the neighboring room affected your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and will address this issue with our engineering department.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I apologize your experience at the hotel was not a memorable one and hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Jon McGaunn
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I truly regret to have to write this review. My husband and I have been loyal Ritz patrons since we were married at a Ritz in 2008. We have visited a Ritz property at least 2-3 times a year ever since. This property was clearly geared to business meetings and has forgot about the leisure traveler.

We checked into Naples property for a 6-night stay and checked out 3 nights later. This experience was so disappointing that we are considering not going back to the Ritz and cancelling our rewards membership. We have been loyal and after this past trip feel like the brand did not live up to its reputation and will not worth the added expense. Here are some examples of our experience.

1. Pre-Arrival. Concierge requests for dining, nanny service and fitness schedule were all ignored and not followed up upon. I had to ask 4 times.

2. Check-in. Many details here but the short review is it took over 1.5 hours and 2 room changes. We paid for club level and we were on a different floor and very far away from the elevator. This is fine but with two children 2 and 4 it was far from ideal.

3. Not Kid Friendly. When making this reservation I called and spoke to make sure that this property was kid friendly. The staff was very convincing and we proceeded. This property is not kid friendly and it is a disservice to parents to promote it that way. I also met another guest who had the same complaint and took the same steps by calling your hotel. She was also sorely disappointed at your amenities for children. Please rethink this hotel if you are traveling with children - especially young children. As a working mom this time is so precious and this is not the place to spend it.

4. Beach Construction. There was heavy equipment doing construction on the beach and moving sand from one location to another with large dump trucks across the Ritz beachfront. This was not disclosed and was stressful with 2 young children as it was a constant back and forth and we had to move and let the trucks go by all day long. We had to relocate to the pool. Another major disappointment. The purpose of choosing this location was the sandy gulf beaches.

Also, they were charging $25 for umbrellas on the beach which seemed very uncharacteristic and tasteless of a luxury hotel.

5. Leaving Early. Even though the last part of our trip was on reward points from all of our stays we could not wait to leave the property. We considered moving hotels but after spending over $700 a night for this treatment that we just cut our losses. I am sure that is not how you should feel when you leave the Ritz.

On a positive note, housekeeping was helpful and Mr. Harold on Club level was amazing. He was the only one that did not treat us like second class citizens for having children and was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank JKK88
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our third January trip to the Ritz-Carlton Naples. Unlike the previous years, we didn't use the beach chairs or the beach side tiki bar/restaurant due to unseasonably cold windy, rainy weather so I can't comment on that this trip but they were great in past years. The service as usual was superb with friendly greetings by name from the staff. We had one afternoon which was warm enough to have lunch at the poolside café and enjoy the pool. Food was excellent and staff was attentive. The new beach theme décor in the hallways is pretty, but the rooms in the hotel look ordinary. To me they have lost the "special opulence" feel that set the Ritz apart from other upscale hotels.

Our room was a connecting one which meant there was no chaise lounge like other rooms (it would block the doors), but the bell staff brought in a comfy chair at our request. We've had a room overlooking center court in the past which is very nice because it gives you a direct view of the sunset and the Ritz's beach area. This year, we were booked into a room with a view north up the coast. We had a fantastic view of the waves kicked up by the windy conditions, but missed seeing the sun set directly over the ocean which is one of the reasons we like to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for a better view. The rooms overlooking the center court have a direct sunset view in the winter. If you like city views, ask for a room on the north side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business