“If you can do a Ritz, do a Ritz,, if you can afford the Ritz, do the Ritz”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had the pleasure to stay at the Ritz Carlton in Naples Florida,, while I am not all that big on views from the room, I must say, from our room and other friends that were staying their, not a bad view from any room.. As always, the Ritz takes great pride in the total experience, we rented a car and on driving up a valet was present with a great smile, welcoming comments, and actually said :sir, please do not touch that door handle, it is my pleasure" when I offered a tip he said really, only tip me at the end of the stay and only if i treat you like this everyday..
We played several rounds of golf on our stay, each time I took my car, and it was brought down with the top down, interior cooled and bottles of water in cup holders,, when they saw two additonal guests with me golfing, they ran to grab additional waters and only asked that if I will have more than two in the car please let them know when I call down.. Felt that was over the top so the next day, he was prepared with four bottles just in case.
We ventured off the resort a few times for dinner, each time, the valet suggested the best mode and actually steered us away from a restaurant, he said over priced and not enough food, he sent us to another location just off Naples downtown, the fish was amazing, the wine was equally as good and the price, could not believe how inexpensive.
Unfortunately our conference began the next day, but we were very fortunate to have a small section reserved for those that were present before the conference,, the staff blocked this area from our guests and made sure we had plenty of drinks, ice and food..
All parts of the Ritz were exceptional, and without even telling them, I guess from my previous Ritz visit in Hawaii, they recorded my intolerance to milk and ensured that different types of milk were available.
The beach,, ,wow the beach,, we spent four glorious days on what was the best groomed beach I have ever been on.. could have been the booze but really, the entire experience... My only negative comment is that I had to leave,, and when we left, I tipped everyone that contributed to our stay,, and to the person, they appeared so genuine and thankful,, and lastly was the valet, he actually said I over tipped and try to give money back,,

When I am away and if the Rtiz is an option, and trust me, it is not overly expensive, treat yourself to a real experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent,, I guess if you had a choice, sure ocean view,, but really the court yard w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,999)

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

If you are traveling with children this hotel is great. Location is awesome. Fun during holidays because there are a lot of other families. The food options for kids is very limited. That would be the only complaint. Staff extremely friendly except for one of the trainers in the fitness room. He seems to think guests are not entitled to use all of the equipment. Tennis courts are beautiful. Pricey, but worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is a great choice for a luxury beachfront location. Yes, it is expensive and yes, it can be crowded at high season (particularly around the pool area). But if you are looking for a very nice hotel conveniently located on the beach with full amenities, this is a good choice. I did not stay in a room facing the North, so I cannot attest to the noise on that side. I would suggest a higher floor (preferably facing the ocean) to avoid any concerns about noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I'm very familiar with Ritz hotels and this one wins for the worst property and experience I've ever had with them. The hotel was incredibly crowded, the pool area has lounge chairs crammed in like sardines, the clientele is not what you see at other Ritz properties (NJ gold-chain wearing, cellphone talking, tatooed and rude), the room service menu is uninspired, the hotel branded wine and champagne are almost undrinkable. If you renamed this a Marriott, it would be exactly what you expect, but the Ritz name has compelled me to write this review. I stayed 4 nights for a work-related event, so I didn't have to pay for my stay; if I had paid, I would have left after one night. The service was uneven (front desk mediocre, spa staff great) and the experience was dinstinctly un-Ritz. I will never return and can only hope this is the only Ritz that has succumbed to Marriott standards - I think this property needs a hospitality intervention or a name change.

3  Thank mcamym
TheRitzCarltonNaples, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience that you outlined in your TripAdvisor review. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and facilities for our guests and learning that your overall visit did not meet your expectations is disappointing.

We appreciate your comments and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Jon McGaunn
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is just a beware note. This is a fantastic resort, with what you would expect from the Ritz. Our company has had sales conferences there for the past 7 years. This was the first time I had any issues. No need to avoid the Ritz, just try to steer clear of the rooms facing north, because they are right above the kitchen/service part of the building & the roaring of vents, etc. will make you want your windows closed all the time. If you don't want the fresh air in your room, no problem. Also, I happened to get room 729 on this sold-out week. This room clearly was meant to be sold as a tandem with room 727. There is a big gap in the bottom of the connecting doors & you can hear EVERYTHING in the next room. I could even hear the stream of urine hitting toilet water every morning. Wow. Also, there is a big open spot where a nice comfortable chair usually goes.

Again, to be fair, I have never had anything short of a wonderful experience here other than this little disappointment. So I suggest you just be clear with them on this.

Room Tip: Avoid 729/727 & maybe be careful about all in that tier. The average rating for sleep quality &a...
2  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Just like any other Ritz the staff is polite, friendly and very helpful. As a destination for business conferences it's —everything you need is there and accessible 24 hours a day. The food selection is a bit limited for my taste. The gym open 24/7 and offers a wide selection of equipment.

Room Tip: There is only one bank of elevators and the property is U-shaped so if you stay in the north tower b...
2  Thank permanent-wanderlust
TheRitzCarltonNaples, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service to our guests and I am pleased to know that you experienced our commitment to these standards during your stay. I apologize that our menu selections did not meet your expectations as we offer seven dining options that include sushi, Italian, steak and seafood and traditional selections.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Naples in the near future.

Erwin Pals
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The Ritz in Naples was again a wonderful experience. They were always gracious in helping with our two young kids and did everything to make things as easy as possible. The food, although pricey even for a resort, is delicious and the service outstanding. The remodeled rooms seem more spacious and better laid out. There is a lot of space to unpack clothing; we had extra drawers even with our family of four completely unpacked. If I could pick one thing to improve at the resort it would be to add a very casual restaurant that's open for dinner besides Gumbo Limbo (it would be nice to have another option with the kids.) We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family