“Dreaming of the Ritz Carlton” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Dreaming of the Ritz Carlton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our family stayed in the Club Level for 8 fantastic days. The service, surroundings & food quality were all fantastic whilst the pool, gym & beach facilities were also 1st class. Our kids loved it and made friends very easily around the pool, whilst golf at the Tiburon Club was tremendous. There wasn't a kids club per se, but the pool area provided enough entertainment for our children. The choice of bars and restaurants wad also excellent with Gumbo Limbon and the Pool Bar proving to be top quality and very atmospheric, whilst Naples itself has plenty offer for those looking to get out of the hotel for an evening. Highly recommended and definitely coming back in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Duncan F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here on Marriott points with our two boys, ages three and six and had a lovely time. Highlights include watching the sunset at the hotel's beach restaurant, Gumbo Limbo, and the heated pools. We particularly liked the pool designated for children, as we did not feel self-conscious of our kids' play. As one would expect, the interior of the hotel and grounds are well-maintained and scenic.

Ritz Carlton provided fantastic service, which is what you expect from it. In contrast to other hotels this time of year, the pools always had available chairs. The concierge was exceptional. They attend to details that other hotels do not.

On the downside, I noticed that the walls of the rooms seem thin as we could hear our neighbor's speaker phone conversation through the wall one night. Service at the breakfast restaurant was also mediocre.

While we really enjoyed our stay, I'm not sure if I would have felt that the price tag translated to value had we not stayed on points. The price is more than double than four-star resort, and for our family (very comfortable but not filthy rich), I do not think the extra expense is worth it.

It is a first-class and incredible property though and I'm glad we got to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is expensive but the workforce is guest obsessed. If you want to save on the room, stay at the other one on the golf course (there is shuttle service, it's about a ten min ride) and ride to this one. the view from the bar on the beach is a spectacular view. I would use all their services but stay at the other one. All charges at this property can be put on your room at the other Ritz - The food at the bar is very reasonable and the staff is great .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Whitchurch-Stouffville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Older property but meticulously maintained. Service is terrific and the but get ready for the $58 breakfast buffet for two.
The pool is quite nice and you can rent a cabana - always a nice option when you have kids.
The menu for both lunch and dinner has some unique creations and specials.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I'll keep this short. I've stayed at 2 other Ritz Carlton's, a St Regis, a four seasons, and several other luxury hotels in my life and this place was by far the nicest and most well executed hotel I have EVER stayed at. From the very beginning I was stunned at the level of service we received. Everything about this hotel was well done, from the grounds and maintenance, to the knowledge and quality of the staff. I recently reviewed the Yacht Club Resort at Walt Disney World which claims to be a 4 star luxury resort and if you care to read that review you will see that that there is just no comparison to this Ritz. In fact the stay at the Yacht Club was the equivalent to staying at a Motel 6 compared to this Ritz. This place was stunning to say the least. The only thing critical I have to say about this place was the price of the food and beverages. I found the food and beverage quality to be better than most other hotels however the prices were really high. A screwdriver (Vodka and Orange Juice) was $15 dollars as was a frozen drink. Breakfast cost me $60 Dollars one morning for Eggs Benedict, French Toast, and Coffee. Other than that, this place has it right and other hotels should take notice. Especially Disney. I can't say enough about how well this place does it and just how nice it really is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brine6415
TheRitzCarltonNaples, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. We take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and facilities for our guests so I am thrilled to read your kind praise of our ladies and gentlemen and facilities.

I sincerely appreciate your taking time to provide us with this feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful resort in the near future.

Jon McGaunn
Hotel Manager
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My group had booked two nights at the Ritz Carlton Golf Resort, but the second night was sold out, so they honored the price and moved us to the Beach Resort. Rough life, I know!

The Beach Resort is gorgeous. I much prefer it to the Golf Resort. However, I don't play golf. I'm sure that factors in. The rooms at the Beach Resort are much more modern and whimsical.

However, they need to work on their sliding doors. I went out on the balcony to look at the view (very nice!), and came back in, and deeply sliced my the side of my toe on the door. The way the door is constructed, it slides along a track that sticks up about four inches, instead of being flush with the ground. I had to call down for a first aid kit because it was bleeding immensely (I sat on the side of the tub so I wouldn't bleed on their carpet... it looked like Psycho in there. Sorry!), and it's taken about five weeks to heal completely. So, lesson learned. Pick up your feet. Don't assume doorways won't trip you.

I wish I had gone out to the beach to check it out. I decided to take a bath instead, which is why I went out on the balcony to check the temps. If I had just gone to the beach, my toe wouldn't have been gashed! Another lesson learned. Always choose the beach.

Seriously though, this was a great venue. I would definitely choose it again. I wish I had more time to explore there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cinderella921
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

having stayed in what i consider to be some of the finest hotels in the world this one really thinks it is above all others and so do the guests. it is much easier to smile at other guests as you pass during the day than to try to look down at people you dont even know. would never stay again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Grant R
TheRitzCarltonNaples, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for submitting your review of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples. Your feedback is very important to us.

We take pride in providing our guests with personalized service that is sincere, gracious, and attentive and it is regrettable to learn that this was not the case during your visit. Please know, I will share your comments with our Ladies and Gentlemen and reinforce and reenergize these service standards.

We truly appreciate your comments and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Jon McGaunn