“Lovely staff and property. Would not return with an infant or toddler.”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Baltimore, Maryland
“Lovely staff and property. Would not return with an infant or toddler.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am potentially helping all of the adult only travelers right now who don't want to vacation around infants. Full disclosure with this review, some of what I learned on vacation is from my own inexperience traveling with a child and from my lack of real research into what the hotel or location would have to offer for a one-year-old. Overall the Ritz is of course the Ritz--beautiful and grand and service-oriented.

We returned from a 4 night stay this past week. As so many have stated, the staff at the Ritz cannot be surpassed--we were treated with the utmost kindness and respect. The staff also showed sincere interest and affection for our child. Never once were we made to feel out of place. The beach was really calm and pretty, and easily accessible from the hotel. We ate at Terrazza for breakfast daily and ordered great food from the menu; we were greeted daily by Miranda who went out of her way to accomodate us and our baby. We had continued great experiences at the Sandbar with bartenders Ken and Natalya. All food was good. We did not get to eat at the lobby bar, H20, or "Dusk" so I can't comment on those locations.

We came to the Ritz because of its reputation for being extremely family friendly. My regret is not looking into what we could do with an infant. My reason for 4 stars: There is a kid's club area that every staff member told us to check out, (Nature's center I think) but it is closed during the day so that only older children can attend pre-paid programs--they offer one hour as an open house for anybody but it is from 4:30-5:30 pm which is a terrible time at least for our child who is napping or eating during that hour. There is no other play room, playground, or play area where we could take our younger child. There is a playground about a mile up Vanderbilt Beach Rd that we drove to one day.

Also the room we had, while really pretty, was a small room. We did have an ocean front which was really nice especially when were grounded in the room. I had the desk moved over slightly and had 2 chairs removed so we could put the crib in the corner and have some space otherwise. Another reviewer had mentioned there is only one sink in the bathroom--normally this wouldn't be an issue, and it wasn't major, but we were sharing our small bathroom counter and sink to make a half of it a bottle cleaning station. My spouse and I took turns--while the baby napped one of us would sit on the balcony (morning only--too hot in the afternoon) while the other would hang on the beach. I think a suite or club level would be more ideal so you could have your child in a separate room and still relax, but these are of course more expensive.

Finally, I thought Naples was pretty--but not immediately convenient for exploration. We drove to the 5th/3rd street area each night after our baby went to bed (don't worry we had an awesome sitter) and we had a great time sitting and walking--but for anyone who doesn't realize, it is about a 15 minute drive and what I imagine would be an expensive taxi. I loved dinner at Sea Salt and wish I had

So lessons learned--a beautiful hotel with great service--would be great for couples or ladies weekend particularly if you want to beach and relax and maybe go out one night. May also be good if my child was older and could take advantage of the kids club during the days. Please feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about traveling with an infant.

Room Tip: Ocean front was really nice Don't recommend small rooms for an infant or toddler
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
ORLANDO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel set the standards for excellence. They have just completed a renovation that is amazing. Everything is exceptionally beautiful and the customer service is outstanding. This is the best example of perfection.

Room Tip: Rooms with a gulf view are the best.
1 Thank virginia p
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This property is immaculate, it's beautiful and the staff is fantastic. We had a wonderful weekend, the staff went above and beyond to create a wonderful Mother's Day. My mom truly enjoyed herself. The rooms are great, the food is fantastic, a little pricey but you get a lot of food for your money and it was delicious. They honored a late check out and we were able to enjoy the beach and pool before we departed. After we left the property in good spirits, I checked my bank account and they had overcharged me three times so I called and they told me there is a $200 incidental placed for EACH person in the room. The front desk clerk did not tell us this. I know it's the Ritz and it's known for being very upscale and expensive but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It was a whole mess and they had to call my bank to return my funds. Highly inconvienent since I was traveling, the only thing they did was comp our valet. Other than that mishap, it was a great weekend!

Room Tip: Get a pool and ocean view room! awesome!
1 Thank Lea F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Plan to stay at the hotel. There is very little to do outside of the hotel complex. You can plan a relaxing stay, never leave the grounds and never get bored. The Concierge Level rooms are the best value. If you don't get any spa treatments, at least, pay for the spa access so that you can enjoy the uncrowded pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dctravelerq
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We just came back from a long weekend at the Naples Ritz and it was perfect in just about every way. We have two small children (under 4) and we were treated so well and accommodated in every way. My only complaint is that the pool was closed for 8 hours on Saturday due to a child not making it to the bathroom on time. I would have expected free drinks or something else to make up for this happening on a holiday weekend.

Room Tip: Ocean view is worth it for the breathtaking sunsets!
2 Thank Scari_W
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is one of our favorite Ritz Carlton properties. It continues to offer great service, elegance and sophistication with a very relaxed beach attitude. Not pretentious at all like other properties and wonderful for families. The hotel seemed to have a renovation done recently which was very tasteful and casual yet sophisticated. We love the pool area and the beach and find this property very relaxing and welcoming. The service in this hotel is excellent and is more than up to RC standards. The food in all the restaurants is top quality and not over the top expensive. The only feedback on this I would add is the menu at Gumbo Limbo used to be a little more interesting than it is now. Overall, a great property and one that we will definitely return to soon. Oh and our daughter loves the little snack and ice cream store off the lobby which always has great treats for a kid's sweet tooth or coffee for the adults. We really enjoyed staying at this resort again and look forward to our next stay!

1 Thank Restefania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have stayed here almost every year for ten years and the hotel is going down hill. The service was terrible. We checked in at 130pm and they told us our room was not ready and they would call us on our cell phone when it was, well by 530 when I I was still outside at the pool waiting to get my room I called the front desk and the lady was not sure why we had no room, she gave us a room and then we had to wait AGAIN for our bags even though I was told they were being sent up, I had to call the bell desk and request them. The best thing of all was my 400 massage I booked a 50 full body and a 50 min scalp massage and the therapist gave me a mediocre massage in which he cut my time short by 15mins, then when I got up to the front desk to pay they had already included a 22percent gratuity for this therapist who did not deserve that amount of tip which equalled 400 dollars he was given over 90 dollar tip! I will not be back and I agree the place is overpriced for the level of service . All the beds are old with load of toppers that make you feel like your feet are higher then your head. Food is mediocre. The renovation they did is below average! The original hotel was rich and elegant and now they put cheap furniture and painted all the rooms light blue, it looks like a holiday inn. Then I remembered last year when I was there staying on the club level they put us by maids service closet and we were woken up all hours of the night and at 500 am when the service people started setting up breakfast. I vowed I would not be back last year so this year was it for me! Never again!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Kpoukosdesign
TheRitzCarltonNaples, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for being a loyal Ritz-Carlton, Naples guest and taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the resort. I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience that you outlined in your TripAdvisor review. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and facilities for our guests and learning that your overall visit did not meet your expectations is truly disappointing. I will share your comments with our Ladies and Gentlemen to make sure they are not repeated.

Once again, I apologize for this unfortunate experience and truly hope that we will have the opportunity welcome you back.

Jon McGaunn