“Outstanding Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Lake Forest, Florida
“Outstanding Hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary from June 1- June 4, 2014 at the Ritz Carlton-Beach, Naples, Florida.Simply put, this hotel was outstanding. This was our fourth visit to this hotel. The first one was in June, 1999 and we visited it again later in that year We visited it again in 2004. We wanted to see whether the Ritz Carlton was still as fantastic as it was when we first stayed there and it did not disappoint, They treated us like royalty. When we checked in they immediately upgraded us to an oceanfront room which was simply spectacular. They gave us a bottle of champagne and a box chocolates as an anniversary gift. We ate at the Grille restaurant the night of our anniversary and the food and service was excellent. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning at the terrazzo restaurant and the food and service was again excellent. We ate twice at the lite bytes restaurant and the food and service was again excellent. If you eat there be sure that you order the filet mignon lite byte. I ordered it and it was simply delicious and cost only $14.00 and was sufficient to fill me up. In every aspect of the Ritz, wherever we went at the Ritz, the service was excellent. I rank this hotel not only number 1 in Naples but also one of the two best hotels in the State of Florida. Ranking it lower than that, I consider to be an absurdity. When we go on vacation either in the United states or in Europe we stay only at 5 star hotels and this was one of the best that we have ever stayed at. If you ever find yourself in Naples, Florida stay at the Ritz Carlton and you will be very very happy that you did.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an oceanfront room. Be sure that you eat at the Bytes restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingRomantics

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed for four nights at the end of March during Spring Break so I imagine the business of the hotel was influenced by this. Despite the number of guests, the staff remained incredibly helpful, courteous and always remembered our names. We enjoyed the bar tenders at Dusk and frequently ended our nights there after going out in Naples for dinner. The beach was perfect for getting outside in the sun because the pool chairs were always full. If the Ritz didn't have a beach, this would be a bigger problem as chairs were full at the pools by 9am, if not earlier. The only other time we noticed the number of guests was when we occasionally had to wait a bit long for our car.
Our room was nice, but not quite what I would expect for the flagship Ritz. It felt a little dated. We had an ocean view room, but were off to the side a bit. This actually was perfect so that our balcony did not overlook the pool or courtyard, since these balconies seemed on display to these areas.
Overall we had a nice stay, even with how full the hotel was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sngordon
Miami, Fl USA
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Breaker's is probably my favorite Hotel in the world, certainly in Florida and that is saying something as we travel extensively. I stayed there again over June 1 weekend for my wife's Birthday, kind a tradition. We stayed in the Flagler Club concierge level and for those of you that have never tried it I would highly recommend. Personal service and all the food and booze you can handle at no additional charge. We recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Naples so it was an interesting opportunity to compare these two properties. In my opinion, the Breaker's wins hands down. EXCEPT for the beach, which is typical of the Gulf of Mexico, the Ritz has nothing over the Breaker's and much downside. My biggest problem with the Ritz is that EVERYTHING is a la carte pricing.....2 beach chairs and an Umbrella were $ 26.50 a day (gratis at the Breaker's ) and that was just the beginning. An Analysis of our costs for 3 days at each Hotel showed the Breaker's was a better deal, even though our room was more expensive. Cost aside the ambiance of the Breaker's just can't be duplicated. It has a history that goes back 100 years and really is a Grand Hotel in the best tradition. Beautifully updated to modern standards of a world class resort. The service and the quality of food and drink were just fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pvanant
Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in April to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We mentioned this at check-in and had a lovely bottle of wine and a card from the hotel in our room when we arrived. Thanks Ritz, what a nice surprise! The room and bathroom were beautiful, very large and were exceptionally clean and well cared for by housekeeping staff (as was the entire property). Tons of drawers to store clothes, large closet and a bench at the foot of the bed with an area for storage--very nice! We enjoyed a balcony with a nice view of the ocean and garden and watched a gorgeous sunset one evening from our balcony. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. John, in the gym, took obvious pride in his job and kept the gym and it's equipment immaculate. The grounds were spectacular with lovely flowers, plants, statues, many places to sit and even a Nature Walk. We had 2 meals on the property, Gumbo Limbo & Terrazza, both were excellent and staff at each restaurant wished us a Happy Anniversary and presented us with a small gift. Again, what a nice surprise and thank you! We enjoyed several nice walks on the beach which was great with soft sand and the warm water of the Gulf. My only minor nit-pick is that the pools were smallish compared to other Florida resort properties we have visited. We did not use the children's pool as it was quite busy with lots of little kids. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I was quite spoiled by my first visit to a Ritz Carlton property!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cyn C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I think I would switch the Ritz Naples' Forbes 5-stars and the Ritz Naples Golf's 4-stars.
We spent 5 days and 4 nights in late May at the Ritz Naples. We stayed at the Golf resort (under separate review) but the overwhelming majority of our waking hours were spent at the Ritz-Naples beach resort. Both were fabulous but Golf exceeded expectations while this one "merely" met them and had a few unfortunate hiccups.
First the staff everywhere was amazing from the front desk to the beach service. We were traveling with our 8 yr old, but did not utilize the Ritz Kids program. We vacation to spend time as a family, not ship our kid off for the week, but to each his own. (The Golf resort does have a kids playroom, a video game room, and a small movie theater, for those with young ones.)
The big pool was closed for a day and a half due to "filter issues". You don't expect to see that here on a holiday weekend, so that was unfortunate. Also, while forbidden around the pool, smoking seemed to be prevalent elsewhere, even on the beach where they stack you up in chairs within arms length of your neighbor. That can ruin your day...evidently international tourists (well represented at the Ritz) still consider smoking sophisticated...thankfully in America it's become a habit more or less of the stupid and/or lower class.
Once holiday weekend traffic abated, the beaches were much less crowded. The water was crystal clear, the weather almost perfect. We had lunch at the pool cafe and dinner twice at Terazza, under separate review. Briefly, the lunch entrees were great, while the fries were blah for the money...seasoning anyone? Dinner was decidedly Italian and fantastic, if not very long. While many appreciate long nights, the staff should be able to gauge who wants a 3 hour meal vs a 90 minute one. One evening we were seated outside on the gorgeous patio but had to endure 2 toddlers sitting on the floor next to their table watching a movie on a iPad with the volume loud enough to annoy us for most of the meal while the parents sat oblivious...manners people?!?!
Don't view the review as negative though, just not glowing. The service was Ritz at its best, the experience luxurious, if not a little crowded, and the food great, but like virtually any other hotel in the world, not worth the price compared to off-resort fine dining. We are glad we stayed at the Golf resort though...it's a hidden gem for a number of reasons.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gtsports
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've attended events at this Ritz-Carlton in the past, but hadn't had the pleasure of staying on property until this past week. My husband had an event during the week and I was able to take advantage of many of the on-site amenities and little extras that make the Ritz such a great place to visit.

The staff is extremely professional and courteous with impeccable manners. I'm a sucker for formality and love that your experience is consistent no matter if you're speaking to the concierge or the groundskeeper.

The spa was nice. Admittedly not the largest Ritz-Carlton spa that I've been to, but had enough activities to entertain me for an entire afternoon. The private spa pool is my favorite!

Event space at this resort is plentiful and the food is delicious. Even with a group our size, they were extremely attentive to everyone. I also loved the bathrooms on property. They were extremely clean, spacious and glamorous...a girl's dream!

Our room overlooked the courtyard and gulf which was so gorgeous.(You can't miss the sunset!) The room itself was nice...nothing over the top fabulous, but very comfortable. My only complaint with the entire stay is unfortunately a large one for a hotel of this caliber:

Our room had the flimsiest adjoining door I'd ever seen. I wasn't worried about that for security purposes, but we could hear every conversation the people in the neighboring room were having. For example, I know that the gentleman was asking Siri for the score to the Chicago Blackhawks game on Friday. Clear as day.

Also, to our dismay, the person sharing the room next to us had an unimaginably loud snore, which we HEARD all night through the door, which was right next to the bed.

I would love to give this trip 5 stars, I would. The property is so nice. However, I can't fully endorse a hotel in which I can hear our neighbor's conversation through the walls. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have thought of something like this when they were renovating. We were extremely disappointed in the sleep quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Gulf View rooms are gorgeous. Try to ask for one without an adjoining door- you can hear everything...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I am potentially helping all of the adult only travelers right now who don't want to vacation around infants. Full disclosure with this review, some of what I learned on vacation is from my own inexperience traveling with a child and from my lack of real research into what the hotel or location would have to offer for a one-year-old. Overall the Ritz is of course the Ritz--beautiful and grand and service-oriented.

We returned from a 4 night stay this past week. As so many have stated, the staff at the Ritz cannot be surpassed--we were treated with the utmost kindness and respect. The staff also showed sincere interest and affection for our child. Never once were we made to feel out of place. The beach was really calm and pretty, and easily accessible from the hotel. We ate at Terrazza for breakfast daily and ordered great food from the menu; we were greeted daily by Miranda who went out of her way to accomodate us and our baby. We had continued great experiences at the Sandbar with bartenders Ken and Natalya. All food was good. We did not get to eat at the lobby bar, H20, or "Dusk" so I can't comment on those locations.

We came to the Ritz because of its reputation for being extremely family friendly. My regret is not looking into what we could do with an infant. My reason for 4 stars: There is a kid's club area that every staff member told us to check out, (Nature's center I think) but it is closed during the day so that only older children can attend pre-paid programs--they offer one hour as an open house for anybody but it is from 4:30-5:30 pm which is a terrible time at least for our child who is napping or eating during that hour. There is no other play room, playground, or play area where we could take our younger child. There is a playground about a mile up Vanderbilt Beach Rd that we drove to one day.

Also the room we had, while really pretty, was a small room. We did have an ocean front which was really nice especially when were grounded in the room. I had the desk moved over slightly and had 2 chairs removed so we could put the crib in the corner and have some space otherwise. Another reviewer had mentioned there is only one sink in the bathroom--normally this wouldn't be an issue, and it wasn't major, but we were sharing our small bathroom counter and sink to make a half of it a bottle cleaning station. My spouse and I took turns--while the baby napped one of us would sit on the balcony (morning only--too hot in the afternoon) while the other would hang on the beach. I think a suite or club level would be more ideal so you could have your child in a separate room and still relax, but these are of course more expensive.

Finally, I thought Naples was pretty--but not immediately convenient for exploration. We drove to the 5th/3rd street area each night after our baby went to bed (don't worry we had an awesome sitter) and we had a great time sitting and walking--but for anyone who doesn't realize, it is about a 15 minute drive and what I imagine would be an expensive taxi. I loved dinner at Sea Salt and wish I had

So lessons learned--a beautiful hotel with great service--would be great for couples or ladies weekend particularly if you want to beach and relax and maybe go out one night. May also be good if my child was older and could take advantage of the kids club during the days. Please feel free to message me if you have any specific questions about traveling with an infant.

Room Tip: Ocean front was really nice Don't recommend small rooms for an infant or toddler
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family