“Almost Exceptional”

Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Nashville, Tennessee
“Almost Exceptional”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been visiting the Ritz for over 20 years and have never been disappointed. The staff, food and service are impeccable. The spa and beach are exceptional with friendly and attentive staff who exemplify great service. Everyone tries to accommodate your needs before you even ask. We're always treated like family and some of the employees have been here since we first started visiting. The rooms are very spacious and clean with great beds and turn down service. We also enjoy eating at Gumbo Limbo (the conch chowder is our favorite) and the Grille Room (make sure to order the soufflé). The hotel has recently undergone a renovation, which although still very nice, lacks the classic and old-world feel of the original Ritz. The lobby is still beautiful and remains unchanged. The renovations seem to not match the beautiful architecture, trying to reach a more beachy feel which is not what I consider to be the Ritz. We will always continue to vacation here, but the levels above the lobby have lost some of the classic charm they once held. Gone are the beautiful carpets, chandeliers, wooden elevators and artwork, it is now replaced with an average beach theme with pastel blues and yellows. While I know this is subjective, this is just my family's opinion. We will always continue to visit the Ritz in Naples and would recommend it to anyone. Please, don't renovate the lobby and spa--they're perfect the way they are!

2 Thank Bennirice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a week long stay and are already to plan a trip back. As expected, the staff throughout the resort was warm and always accommodating. I would be remiss to not call out a few individuals in the Club Lounge who were particularly gracious though. A big thank you to Kate and Javier and most especially Esmeralda. Our one year old was so smitten with Esmeralda, he greeted her daily with a big hug. She doted on him like family and truly enhanced our family vacation experience. Thanks to all of you.

We stayed on the club level (14th floor) so we had a full ocean view. There really is no other way to go. Every morning the pool attendants set up our lounge chairs in our favorite spot so everything was ready for us when we arrived.

This is by far the very best place to take your family. Tons of kids and lots of activities and places to eat if you choose to dine on site.

Warmest regards and much thanks Ritz Naples. We can't wait to see you again.

1 Thank zar527
Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The customer service is out of this world. I was given a beautiful room overlooking the beach. At the restaurants I was waited on hand and foot. Unfortunately I didnt take down any names to highlight the people who went above and beyond for me but I would highly recommend going to this Ritz.

Just a few days ago I stayed at the ritz golf resort a few mins from the Ritz beach resort, I spent my entire stay at the Ritz Carlton beach resort because they are fantastic with many activities. When I arrive at the beach resort to spend my day there everyone that I dealt with during my prior stay remembered me and gave me multiple welcome backs. A must stay resort.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anchise S
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Every time we visit this property we thoroughly enjoy it. The facilities are beautiful and nicely maintained, the rooms are beautifully appointed, good size and quite comfortable.

Whether you spend time at the pool or walk over to the beach, this place is nicely maintained and supported by great service. We had lunch a few times at Gumbo Limbo and each time was quite good and the service friendly and efficient. Actually all of the food and beverage experience were spot on.

Room Tip: Water view high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DAL0714
Washington DC
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This is probably my favorite hotel. The rooms are spacious and beautiful and kept very clean. I stayed in a double room with two full size beds. A very spacious bathroom with a separate door for the toilet, which I love. The balcony has two chairs and faces the ocean. There is a restaurant right on the beach which shows the prettiest sunset that I have ever seen. Unfortunately going to Florida in June means rain every evening, so we only got to see one sunset while we were here. The service at this hotel is amazing. I was looking for the spa and accidentally walked into the fitness center and asked a man named Isaac for directions on how to get there. Instead of telling me where to go he walked me all the way there. The same happened when I was in a clothing store and asked for directions to a store that sells Advil. The spa is beautiful. They have two hot tubs and a cold tub, a steam shower and sauna. My facial was near perfect. The beach is spacious and the nice men put towels out for you. The adult pool is beautiful as well. The poolside grille has the best salads and quesadillas I have ever had, everything is so fresh. All in all this was an amazing hotel and I can't wait to return.

The only downsides to this hotel were that they do not offer the movies to order in your hotel room tv, and you have to pay $15/day for internet. I just thought that if you pay 500+ a night, internet should be included.

However, we booked through American Express and received nice benefits such as a late 4pm check out and $100 free spa dollars per room, and were placed on the 11th floor!

2 Thank Bgirl78
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was just a fantastic experience all round. We were attending a conference, dinner on the terrace, by the pool and on the beach. Meals were excellent, service was above and beyond normal courtesy. Even the fabulous gift shop which carried amazing kaleidoscopes and such couldn't have been nicer or more informative. Rooms were very nice and the room service attendant went out of her way to make sure my daughter had dark chocolate on her pillow instead of milk because she knew she liked them!! My husband wanted to see an overseas sporting event which was not broadcast on regular tv, and when he inquired they offered to set him up on a laptop in order to view the game.

Pool side service was great as were the guys taking care of the chairs etc. Beach was well maintained as was the Surf Bar. Breakfast buffet while expensive was great.

I noticed that several people were greeted by the staff as regulars. All in all a place to remember or stay at in future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joeger
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I won an award at work, and my husband and I traveled to Naples for the award ceremony. The experience at the hotel was wonderful. The staff was helpful and and attentive. The room was comfortable and clean. My favorte part was the pool! The food and service at the pool is wonderful. The pool was so relaxing that we hardly spent any time at the BEAUTIFUL beach. The only downside to this hotel is that the hotel is SO FAR AWAY from the shopping/eating area in town. It's a $30-$40 cab ride each way. That's the only reason I gave the hotel 4/5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple