Ritz fits. Although this would not be my first choice for a vacation, it was a splendidly indulgent place to stay. My husband was here on business. Meals were excellent with one quibble on the business meeting dinner’s overly large, gooey desserts: I prefer a simple finish to a meal. Our favorite restaurant was the casual Gumbo Limbo recommended by the Bell Boy with tasty drinks, fish, and a simple Key Lime pie slice with raspberry sauce for dessert. The ocean view from the balcony was breathtaking. The Ritz clearly takes excellent care of its share of the dunes, which are quite lush and healthy. We had a two-room suite with separate vanity areas and lots of bath amenities beyond bar soaps; my personal favorite along with the bathrobes was the little packets of Woolite in a crystal container. Upon our arrival night, a sculpture was placed in our room on an end table: We did not realize that it was edible until the sugar-piece started melting the next morning. The furnishings were so upscale that I felt like I was sleeping in someone’s living room. It appears to be a big conference hotel as many customers were wearing nametags and there are signs stating that one must wear a bathing suit cover when going through the lobby.
We did use the wonderfully fantastic spa facilities. The hot tub has three sections a cool, warm, and hot, along with the sauna, steam room, and fruit or water drinks. These amenities are divided by sex, so it is not quite as romantic as it could be. We had planned to try the outdoor mineral pool, but the weather turned too cold to do so. On the major plus side, we may have had the best massage with Craig and Maria that we have ever had in our lives. Please be sure to make an appointment to get a massage here. The exercise room is in the lower part of the spa building and is also one of the best I have ever used. It was too cool for us to swim, but the pool did look fine and we did see a few children braving the cooler temperature dip.
If you go for a more formal hotel with your beach experience, this is definitely the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the pristine white sands of Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is a Five Star, Four Diamond beach resort that appeals to today’s sophisticated traveler with an array of pampering amenities. With stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, the resort offers a variety of innovative dining experiences, a luxurious, 51,000 square-foot world class spa, two heated pools, a high tech entertainment lounge, an interactive environmental children’s program and a wide selection of beach activities and water sports. Only three miles from the beach resort and accessible by a convenient hotel shuttle, the 295-room Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort is ranked as the #1 golf resort in Florida by Conde Nast Traveler magazine and as one of the 15 best luxury golf resorts in North America by Golf Digest. The golf resort is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburon and hosts the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Hotel Naples
- Naples Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Naples
- Ritz-Carlton Naples
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Florida