“Good, potentially great Ritz property”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Naples
New York, New York
“Good, potentially great Ritz property”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I visited the Ritz-Carlton Naples for a girls getaway weekend in April 2010 and enjoyed my stay overall. The room was of average size but the bathroom was cramped and needed a complete renovation. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The spa and the gym facilities were great (100 times better than the Ritz-Carlton in South Beach) and the beach was beautiful.

As some others have noted, however, the property was very crowded due to corporate conferences. This resulted in the entire central patio being "reserved" (and therefore unavailable) for our entire stay; the pool closing early every afternoon to accommodate corporate events; a centrally located portion of the hotel beach being blocked off each afternoon and evening, again for corporate events; crowded spa facilities; long waits to check-in/out; and slow, crowded elevators. So, I would recommend checking the conference schedule at the hotel before booking.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
Dover, MA
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I have stayed here twice for work functions. One time in the right half of the hotel and other on the left half of the hotel (if you were facing the ocean). I liked staying on the left half because the room got more sun. The room is very nice comfortable. Nice bathroom and bed. We ate at Gumbo Limbo's and it is very good casual place right on the beach. The spa is very nice and treatments well done. beach and pool areas are very nice.

The grounds of the Ritz was very nice the hotel is very nice. We did not try any of the in house rest since most of the time we had work functions. Very nice hotel I would def stay here again however I would of liked a late checkout but I could not get it. I guess Im a bit spoiled being a SPG Platinum member where I check out at 4pm.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Everything was wonderful including the best sunsets on the East Coast! Only downside is it can get a bit crowded on weekends. The food and service was terrific! The gym staff was super! Beds need to be replaced - ours sagged in the middle.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
NYC
Reviewed 21 May 2010

We came for Mother's day, and requested 2 adjoining rooms. Our rooms, although not ocean front had a nice view of the ocean. The staff were great, and very friendly with our kids. The food in the restaurants was fine for us, but the small children's menu felt limited for the number of days we were there, and we struggled toward the end to find meals that our kids would enjoy. The room cleanliness was a bit of an issue for us, and we had to call twice to have our rooms cleaned upon arrival.

The beach was wonderful and the kids had a blast. It was helpful that it was not too wavy, and that the water was pretty shallow and very warm. I was dissapointed with the beach chairs, which felt like Holiday Inn (I have never stayed but that's what I imagine!) cheap plastic white chairs.

My few irks: I would not expect that staying at the Ritz, I would have to pay extra for a beach umbrella every day ($25 per umbrella), nor that if I was offered a speacial at lunchtime, the price which was withheld would be 4x that of any other item on the menu (the crab claw portion was over $80 for lunch); or that if someone would ask if we would like juice poured for the table, they would charge for each glass including the kids. I don't mind paying, but the style in which it was done was offputting.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NYCtravel
leesburg, fl
Reviewed 18 May 2010

the ritz in naples was an outstanding hotel. the location was fantastic, beautiful beach, wonderful grounds. the staff is always ready to meet your needs and so friendly to my two young kids, my kids loved the pool and the kids club they had, the spa was also wonderful, all the restaurants we tried we great, i dont have a bad word to say about staying here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I thought the hotel was quite lovely, facilities and service were first rate and the beach had more seashells to collect than about any other beach I have ever visited. I used the wireless internet service at the hotel and was billed $9.95 per night. Everything was great until I discovered that all my online business was hacked! What a hassle closing accounts, changing usernames and passwords. I am 100% confident my problems began during my stay. I wrote the hotel to express my concern over a month ago with no response. Beware!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank VagabundoDelMar
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Had a great time a few weeks ago and must say this is truly a 5 star resort! Excellent service, great facilities and location. RC has every amenity possible and know how to make a guest feel special . Every time I ran into a staff member I received a warm smile and hello!

Food was great - expensive but should be expected at this class of resort. Tried out the BMW Experience offered off the lobby - had the use of a BMW for 3 hours for free to drive around town. That was fun!

Only potential negative is how crowded the beach was - guess that is what happens when you have the best location in town.

Great Experience!