“Out of this world fantastic!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Naples
West Vancouver, Canada
“Out of this world fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

Absolutely nothing bad I can say about this hotel! Staff were exemplary and couldn't do enough for us. Room was gorgeous - get a coastal view so you can enjoy sunsets. Only downside, no coffee pot in the room and spa included the tip prior to service which I thought was very cheeky. Totally recommend "Bites" restaurant - fantastic value.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel several times 15-20 yrs ago and remembered a quiet, upscale place with impeccable service. Things have really changed. We decided to go for the weekend to relax at the beach and enjoy some peace and quiet but that's not what we got.
First of all I thought I was at a summer camp with all the kids running around with parents who didn't care. No one on hotel staff seemed to notice or care either ( I guess they're used to it). The room was nice and clean and the view was O.K.
We had reservations at the Grill restaurant which is supposed to be an upscale steakhouse. We were dressed accordingly and were very uncomfortable when we discovered there is no dress code anymore. Kids were crying and misbehaving and people were wearing shorts and t-shirts. Food was good and staff was attentive but the atmosphere was totally undermined be the "family- friendly" attitude. At the prices they charge I was expecting a better experience.
The beach was overcrowded, the lounge chairs arranged in rows with inches in between. The attendants were argumentative when we wanted a more private location, and again- lots of kids. The next day we tried the "adult" pool area only to discover the the rules governing conduct there is only enforced if you complain. The pool attendant was nowhere to be seen and kids were jumping, diving and screaming. The pool area waitress was over her head, didn't return to get my drink order and after waiting over an hour we left.
In general I think a decision was made at some point to cater to families with kids and the standards they used to have went totally by the boards. People sitting in the lobby in swim trunks and flip-flops used to be grounds for removal. Not anymore. The overall atmosphere was more of a Days Inn than a Ritz-Carlton. It seems to me they just want the hotel full and don't care what goes on after that. They were understaffed and the employees turned a blind eye to some pretty egregious behavior on the part of the guests.
It's a real shame to see such a once-elegant place sink into such a state. I guess if you didn't know it before and/or you're used to family-type resorts it would seem impressive as the hotel itself is beautiful and the location is nice. But for the money they charge you can do a lot better.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank quietcat
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

Our family vacation to the Ritz was wonderful! We traveled with our two daughters, ages 3 and 4, along with my parents, sister and boyfriend. It is a fantastic hotel for families...with the family pool, easy access to the beach and kid activities. The hotel service was top-notch and everyone was extremely friendly. The spa facility was the best - I could have spent an entire day in there between the services, steam room, sauna, mineral pool etc. e definitely plan to return one day. The only negative that I can think of is it's distance from 5th Avenue - it is about a 20 minute drive.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was my second visit to the Ritz Carlton Naples property, and it won't be my last.
I live nearby, but needed a getaway to recharge my batteries, and be pampered some.
We dined casually at the Poolside Cafe and Gumbo Limbo. Fantastic selections and exceptional service from the wait staff (as always).
The whole staff from the valet, the front desk, housekeeping, everyone we encountered welcomed us and made us feel at home.
The Spa is amazing, and so is the Hot Stone Massage. Can't wait to go back one day.
The grounds are well kept and beautifuly landscaped.
My son enjoyed the vue, which is a room full of video games! He also went to the open house (free between 4:30-5:30) of the Nature's Wonders. I would have signed him up for it if our time allowed. Just another reason to go back :)
All in all, I would highly recommend this property to travelers to the Naples area. No where else could hold a candle, in my book!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
New York, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

I visited the Ritz-Carlton Naples for a girls getaway weekend in April 2010 and enjoyed my stay overall. The room was of average size but the bathroom was cramped and needed a complete renovation. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The spa and the gym facilities were great (100 times better than the Ritz-Carlton in South Beach) and the beach was beautiful.

As some others have noted, however, the property was very crowded due to corporate conferences. This resulted in the entire central patio being "reserved" (and therefore unavailable) for our entire stay; the pool closing early every afternoon to accommodate corporate events; a centrally located portion of the hotel beach being blocked off each afternoon and evening, again for corporate events; crowded spa facilities; long waits to check-in/out; and slow, crowded elevators. So, I would recommend checking the conference schedule at the hotel before booking.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Dover, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

I have stayed here twice for work functions. One time in the right half of the hotel and other on the left half of the hotel (if you were facing the ocean). I liked staying on the left half because the room got more sun. The room is very nice comfortable. Nice bathroom and bed. We ate at Gumbo Limbo's and it is very good casual place right on the beach. The spa is very nice and treatments well done. beach and pool areas are very nice.

The grounds of the Ritz was very nice the hotel is very nice. We did not try any of the in house rest since most of the time we had work functions. Very nice hotel I would def stay here again however I would of liked a late checkout but I could not get it. I guess Im a bit spoiled being a SPG Platinum member where I check out at 4pm.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

Everything was wonderful including the best sunsets on the East Coast! Only downside is it can get a bit crowded on weekends. The food and service was terrific! The gym staff was super! Beds need to be replaced - ours sagged in the middle.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business