“Naples Gem”

Vanderbilt Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Naples for year. Every trip I always leave time to watch the sunset at my favorite restaurant "Turtle Club". The restaurant is located on the property. Last year we decided to do a family reunion and give this this place a try because of the amazing location - next door to The Ritz Carlton. The rooms were priced right. We got several rooms - my place a 2/2 with two separate lanai areas, large kitchen, dining and living room. I paid around $250 a night - a steal compared to The Ritz. I stayed on the top floor corner unit which had been updated. If you want to go and enjoy lounging out, paddle boarding and making great memories -this is the place!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Eugeniouss

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I had gone to this hotel several times in the late 90's and early 00's. Back then it was a 100+ room hotel on the beach, makin a U shape around the pool with a bar area. This past visit there was only one side of the U left and the other part had been sold to developers of condos. Imagine my surprise when I booked a 2 bedroom unit, which said it had a bay view, and had to cross the street for beach access. It's advertised as 'beachfront".

Before I complain let me say the unit was nicely decorated and was very comfortable. It was better than a 3 in the quality of the room, probably at least a 4. As you can tell i'm very picky.

The unit was very nice but extremely noisy. Loud parties broke out about 2 or 3 am, children running up and down the concrete (yes, outside entrance to your room) at 3 in the morning,(on the weekends) The outside light shined into the room through the blinds, light curtains in the bedroom, outdoor light and fan didn't work on the porch, and not enough towels are just a few of the complaints. I couldn't find the dishes and silverware and just happened to open the dishwasher and they were in there. The maids didn't unload it from the previous people. Also there was laundry left in the washer and dryer. Be sure to take your hair dryer becuase there's only one in the master bedroom. The master has only a shower ans it's like one that would be found in a lockerm room.

I did contact magement to repair the light with no results. The office closes at 10 pm so you can't complain about the parties or noise.

The worst thing was nothing could be charged to your room so you had to carry cash/credit cards to purchase things. Also there were no restrooms available so you needed to run back across the street to your room. One beach attendent said we could 'maybe' use the restroom in the dining room/bar area.

The best part was a friendly staff and Sean Barry was a wonderful person on the beach. He was friendly and respectful. Other people working on the beach, not so much.

The office has no brochures of area activities on display.

Room Tip: stay in the room directly on the beach. I rented a 2 bedroom unit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MacAd00
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in a condo on the bayside for a long weekend. We were in Naples for a wedding and the resort was conveniently located near my in-laws condo and it was available for less than a week. After a brief mix up at check in, when we were given the keys to an already occupied unit, things went smoothly. The condo was quite spacious with a beautiful view of the bay. The lanai was large and there was also a small balcony facing the ocean, on the street side. Staff at the resort was friendly and accommodating. There is a small pool on the beachside and beach towels and chairs are available. The beach is beautiful and they have drink service on the beach. Beds were very comfy and they had daily maid service in the condos, which was a nice addition.
My only cons are that the condo was sparsely stocked as far as cooking utensils, pans, limited glasses, etc. It wasn't a big problem for us because we didn't cook there much since it was only a short stay. Noise came through from the outside, which didn't bother us much, but late nighters at a nearby complex were quite loud and we could easily hear them well into the wee hours! All in all, the condo was very nice and we wished we had a longer stay!

Room Tip: The corner units in the condo complex are large and have a nice sized lanai. The morning sun coming...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family lived in Naples for 30 years, and when I go to visit them, I always go and have a drink at sunset at the Tiki bar at VBR. To me, this is really Florida. Immaculate beach, excellent service, beautiful view of the sunset, tiki torches at dusk, children building sand castles....what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We Loved the place. Stayed 4 nights Feb 2013 and am currently trying to book for Feb next year. Wish I had done it before leaving at reception becos at the moment I am finding the online calendar unavailable for 2014. Maybe they are doing refurbishments or decorating in some rooms owing to comments on this site. But the room we had was perfect and we loved every minute of our stay. Did we just hit lucky? No parking problems. Restaurant was very busy all day and night but not noisy, only noise was waste trucks coming and going but really not enough to bother us and we overlooked that side behind the restaurant. Lovely place, pleasant staff and we just want to get back there next year. My 60th bday Feb 2014 and I would love to be celebrating at Vanderbilt Beach Resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This was our first trip to Naples and the VBR was the perfect place for us to stay. We had a one bedroom apt. on the gulf side and it was neat as a pin. The bed was so comfortable and the newly remodeled bathroom was very nice. Our place was just steps from the beautiful beach and the people were so friendly. We had lunch at the Turtle Bay Resturant on the property and it was delicious. If you want to have dinner there you definately would need reservations in advance. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I just returned from my second stay here at VBR and it was great. I was happy to see that the bathrooms were updated and they looked great. The water pressure was much better than last year. They are working on the outside to support the balconies and spruce up the appearance of the exterior. I'm hoping by next year that will be complete and then a new coat of paint. The beach is the best and you have to love Gulf Shore Drive. You are surrounded by multi-million dollar property at this resort at an affordable price. You can't beat this location. If you don't stay here then at least go by and check it out, maybe then you'll make it your next choice when you return to Naples.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple