“Not value for money”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I arranged to play golf at the NBH and was advised that following some work on the greens the they were still a bit "bumpy". The practice green seemed ok although not perfect but I took this to be a measure of the course condition. However, once I got onto the course itself, having paid the full summer rate green fees, I found that most of the greens had so much sand on them that they were unplayable! Furthermore the course, fairways and tees were also in very poor condition. When I raised this with the staff in the Golf Shop (it's not a pro shop because that would imply that it was in someway being run by professionals) not only did they not care about my combing but they argued that the greens I mentioned were not as bad as I was suggesting. In effect calling me a liar. My advice the visitors to Naples wanting to play golf would be to avoid the Naples Beach Hotel Golf Course unless you want ripped off and insulted by the staff. Try the crazy golf on US41 just past Tin City instead, it's better value!

Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank alfaman159
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Dirty beach,expensive pool side bar for food or drinks. The hotel is old been there since 1946 and pretty much looks it and smells like it to,but they are doing renovation. Staff is old,very old so don't expect a lot of help from them you might be helping them instead!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed at NBH for over 25 years. I now come for my yearly retreat. My kids and husband stay home and I get 9 days of R & R. I suggest the penthouse or cabana buildings if you plan to stay at NBH. My favorite room is one on the first floor, gulf-view in the Penthouse Building. It's far enough away from the main buildings and it's quiet and peaceful. Plus, it's just steps from the beach. The pool area (with "Adult Only") has 2 pools and a large bar and casual restaurant in the middle. My only complaint about the hotel is that the servers at the bar/restaurant are not very friendly and scarcely acknowledge that you are trying to be served. Minimal eye contact and pleasantries abound. I can't say enough about the housekeeping staff. Clean rooms, turn-down service, chocolates and clean towels morning and night are a very nice touch. I will continue to come each year in July, I love that the place is less crowded. I love the place, just make the staff a little more friendly.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Penthouse building, facing the gulf!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank msscotty
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

It was a great stay at Naples Beach Hotel. The Beach was right outside your door step. The rooms were very contemporary and beautifully decorated. The service was pretty good; they even leave chocolates on your pillow before going to bed. There were only a few minor things wrong during our stay. I had to call the front desk twice about my a/c not cooling they fixed the problem right away. The first night there were two roaches in our room which they fumigated and the problem was fixed. It is Florida.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My friends and I stayed here june 27-july 1st. The hotel and staff were awesome. Hotel is directly on the beach and great location. We walked each morning to FIRST WATCH for breakfast which is about a 5-7 min walk. Extremely good and reasonable. We had no complaints in regards to this hotel, any minor issue was taking care of immediately! The rooms are not outdated nor is the hotel as I read in a comment before our trip. I would most definitely go back. The resort was great, absolutely no complaints. There are several places to eat at the hotel however we ate on fifth which is right down the street. We did eat dinner at the resort once which was great, my friends enjoyed drinks at two of the bars by the beach along with tasty appetizers

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank 17limited
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is a clean, comfortable place to stay - the hotel is spread out out but well located. The different buildings hold a variety of rooms. Luckily our room was on the ground floor with a great deck leading straight onto the garden and 1 min from the pool. The pool area is great and you can walk right onto the beach. It's a quick drive into town which is a fun, lively place - it can be surprisingly hard to park at times in the hotel area and there was not enough parking in the area next to our rooms.
My kids loved the dolphins just off the beach and especially the ones off the end of the pier.
Definately worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank catcalraph
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The location of the hotel is great, it’s right on the beach. Just like most hotels, this one has its good and bad features. First, the hotel is very spread out. Certain buildings are much newer than others and some have better views than others. The room we had was in the Watkins Building. This room might have been updated, but the building was older. There was a double sink in the room, but little counter space to work with. The toilet and shower were in a separate room which was very small (long but not wide). There was also a very small balcony, which held two chairs, with an old wooden door which lead to the balcony. The one good part was that we had an ocean view.

The front desk personnel and hotel service personnel were excellent. The turn down service at night was exceptional. Even if you didn’t want your bed turned down, she would supply you with fresh towels and chocolates. Getting service at the beach bar was another story. They had very limited staffing, and they seemed to forget about the customers eating at the tables. The same could be said about the Valet stand. They will store your luggage, however, all they did with ours is put it behind their small outside counter and leave it unattended. There is a charge for internet service, and much of the time it didn’t work. The conference facilities were excellent. This is just an average hotel, but it’s on the beach and in a good location for Naples.

Room Tip: Check which building you are staying in. Some have good ocean views, and in others the views are li...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business