“Loved it !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Dallas, Texas
“Loved it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Honestly, I was going to book somewhere else and they were full. I must say The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club was wonderful. We were meeting family there and requested adjoining rooms with ocean view. Our rooms had already been through the remodel and were perfect. Comfortable, clean and plenty of room. Parking can be a little difficult at times, at least parking is free.

Loved the pool ! It was very nice, well taken care of. They also had a smaller adult pool which is a plus. Staff was professional and friendly. As far as the beach BEAUTIFUL with lots of shells. It did rain while we were there so we took shelter at the pool area bar, it was not cheap but it was really good. I don't mind spending more for the convenience, location and atmosphere if the quality is there. We had the hamburger with fries it was great. The sun came out and we enjoyed more time in the sun. Oh, we did not enjoy the breakfast across the street it was expensive ($20.00 each) and the eggs were not good, It was a pretty location with appearance of class.... the food was very plain. If you have a car go somewhere else. We ate a Skillets one morning and it was "fabulous".
The hotel did meet and exceed my expectations. It was exactly what we had hoped for for our mini family reunion. We loved It!

Room Tip: You may want a higher floor if you are there during the jazz concert. We were on the 7th and it was...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KC-texas5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club in Naples, Florida is a delightful hotel to spend some time in. Located right on the Gulf of Mexico, you can walk out of your room, pass the pool and feel the soft Gulf sands as you make your way to the warm, calm, delicious Gulf swimming water. There are two pools; one for adults only which was the one we chose and we had a calm, much more serene time in the water.The Hotel has several different buildings and a number of different eating locations. We were in the Watkins Building facing the Gulf and could watch the gorgeous sunset from our terrace. There are visual places all around the hotel for sunset gazing. The rooms were very modernized, very clean, wonderfully comfortable, and the bed was firm and delightful. The staff wonderfully pleasant and always helpful. It is a short drive to a number of different locations in Naples for touring and there is ample free parking back at the hotel. All-in-all a most pleasant hotel to stay in.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank barry g
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

As a jazz fan, no other prompting was necessary to head to Naples, when a friend of a friend's husband was part of an outdoor jazz concert to be held on the hotel grounds on a recent Saturday night. Never having been to Naples before, but having an old school friend who lives there, was the icing on the cake. It's a rather tiresome 3 1.2 hour drive from Vero Beach, FL, but once there late Friday afternoon, our large room with a small balcony overlooking the Gulf immediately made the trip worthwhile.

Everyone at the front desk, concierge desk, bellman, etc. were pleasant and helpful.
We arrived too late for 'afternoon tea," but as a latte freak, I took a quick trip downstairs to the small cafe off the attractive and comfortably decorated lobby. By the time I went back the following morning, the friendly staff behind the counter already knew my order. The rest of the weekend, when I'd stop in, one of the young men would ask, 'medium, mocha latte with no whipped cream?"

My old friends picked us up and took us to their favorite waterfront restaurant for dinner. We had a wonderful visit and renewed old memories. My friend, who has lived in Naples 40 years, had been at the hotel for a luncheon just that week. We had seen some renovation going on and she said that with some of the 'newer' hotels, Naples Beach Hotel was updating some of its facilities. We had no complaints with any of it, but I'm sure it will be even lovlier when they are done.

The 2 night minimum stay was no problem since Saturday morning, we availed ourselves of the great facilities at the fitness center across the road from the main hotel. My friend, a tennis player, was too late to be teamed up with someone, but was told to be sure to phone ahead the next time. Instead, she enjoyed her heavy duty Yoga workout, while I had a light workout in the gym, followed by a wonderful massage in the Spa. Everyone in the Spa, fitness center, pro shops, etc. were polite, friendly and almost all of them expressed the fact that they were very happy working for this family owned (since the late 40's) hotel. My 'masseuse' told me that the owners make everyone feel like 'part of the family,' and that she preferred working there to any other type of Spa.

After wandering and lunching in downtown Naples, we returned to walks, naps, my ubiquious Latte, and and a feeling of complete relaxation. We had been told to bring our own chairs for the outdoor jazz concert on the lawn and by the time we walked the few steps over, a huge crowd from the Naples area had already gathered for this free concert. There were a few booths selling hot dogs, hamburgers, beverages at what we considered very reasonable prices.

The large Jazz Group, "Late Night Brass' was excellent. There could be nothing better than good music, good weather with a view of a wonderful Gulf sunset. After the concert, instead of a latte, we decided to treat ourselves to a split of champagne, which we enjoyed while relaxing in the lobby.

Sunday, after my Latte, we had to head home early. Once again, all service personnel and staff were friendly and pleasant. Although there is valet parking, they graciously had accomodated my friend in her wish to keep her keys and easily access her car when needed.

I worked for a NYC family owned hotel business for many years, and am not only well aquainted with the ins and outs of the business, but also highly critical of less than good service. The service WAS very good, but what impressed me the most was the positive attitude of the staff and their obvious satisfaction with their owners/employers. The Naples Beach Hotel itself, its facilities and its staff will make the next annoying drive over to Naples well worth the trip.

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, pick at Gulf view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dottie022
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is old, but I'd say more that it has character. They are renovating it which is evident, but not intrusive. The beach is very nice, the food is good, but the very best part about it is the staff. From the bar to the valet, they make you feel they are genuinely happy you're there. I think this would be a good spot for a family or a group of families.

The golf course is really good and again, the staff are terrific.

Can't wait to see it when all renovations are completed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dunblane, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I arranged to play golf at the NBH and was advised that following some work on the greens the they were still a bit "bumpy". The practice green seemed ok although not perfect but I took this to be a measure of the course condition. However, once I got onto the course itself, having paid the full summer rate green fees, I found that most of the greens had so much sand on them that they were unplayable! Furthermore the course, fairways and tees were also in very poor condition. When I raised this with the staff in the Golf Shop (it's not a pro shop because that would imply that it was in someway being run by professionals) not only did they not care about my combing but they argued that the greens I mentioned were not as bad as I was suggesting. In effect calling me a liar. My advice the visitors to Naples wanting to play golf would be to avoid the Naples Beach Hotel Golf Course unless you want ripped off and insulted by the staff. Try the crazy golf on US41 just past Tin City instead, it's better value!

Stayed July 2012
4 Thank alfaman159
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Dirty beach,expensive pool side bar for food or drinks. The hotel is old been there since 1946 and pretty much looks it and smells like it to,but they are doing renovation. Staff is old,very old so don't expect a lot of help from them you might be helping them instead!

• Stayed July 2012
st. louis, mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed at NBH for over 25 years. I now come for my yearly retreat. My kids and husband stay home and I get 9 days of R & R. I suggest the penthouse or cabana buildings if you plan to stay at NBH. My favorite room is one on the first floor, gulf-view in the Penthouse Building. It's far enough away from the main buildings and it's quiet and peaceful. Plus, it's just steps from the beach. The pool area (with "Adult Only") has 2 pools and a large bar and casual restaurant in the middle. My only complaint about the hotel is that the servers at the bar/restaurant are not very friendly and scarcely acknowledge that you are trying to be served. Minimal eye contact and pleasantries abound. I can't say enough about the housekeeping staff. Clean rooms, turn-down service, chocolates and clean towels morning and night are a very nice touch. I will continue to come each year in July, I love that the place is less crowded. I love the place, just make the staff a little more friendly.

Room Tip: Book a room in the Penthouse building, facing the gulf!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo