“Not a chain hotel, just old tyme Florida-style”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The hotel location is superb and facilities are adequate. Prices are not cheap as the Hotel is one of just a few Beach Hotels in Naples. However the hotel is a bit dated and needs some overall sprucing up to put it in a better framework for judging it a true luxury facility. There are some impressive areas but this is not consistent in the Hotel. Overall not bad but underimpressive

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I flew into Ft. Myers and drove 40 minutes (no traffic) to the resort. It was easy to find using the directions from the resort’s Web site.

Upon arrival I was greeted promptly by a valet and directed inside to check in. Check in was handled efficiently.

My room was on the second floor at the front of the main building overlooking the driveway and arrival area. There are a variety of different buildings, so if you want something specific (ie: near the beach, facing a garden, etc., definitely make a request.

The room was fine, with two Queen size beds and lots of pillows. There was a flat screen television, a coffee maker and sink, a mini-refrigerator, and an iron and ironing board. The closet was in the area with the bathroom sinks (two sinks) and it was fine but seemed somewhat odd to me. There was a nice balcony area, but I did not make use of it because it was just above all of the arriving vehicles.

The only downside to the room is that there was no tub. Although it was not important to me, it does seem that folks at the front desk should have made me aware of this and at least asked whether it was okay with me. Also, despite the sign that said they want to help save the environment and that I should hang up my towels if I want to reuse them, even though I hung them up every day they were removed and replaced. Oh, and be aware that even though many different motels offer free internet connections, that is not the case here. There is an extra charge to access the internet from your room. Printing boarding passes is free.

There is no additional charge for parking, including valet parking, and I never had any problem finding a spot. Be aware however that if you park the car yourself you need to have your room key on you to access the various parking lots.

The hotel is well located right on the beach and not far from the shops and restaurants on 5th Avenue. There is also two pools and whirpools. However, these close at dusk, so if you happen to be in town for work during the winter and want to have dinner and then come back, you will not have the opportunity to use these facilities. This would obviously be different in the summer when the sun sets later. The beach was very nice, and I did enjoy the warm water in the pool as well as the whirlpools which were kept spotlessly clean.

The restaurants may be good, but I did not try any of them. They are expensive. For example, the “All American Breakfast” consisting of two eggs, meat, potatoes, and toast was $14, but a few blocks away at Clock Family Restaurant the same thing was less than half the price. Plus I enjoyed getting away from the resort so there was no need to eat on property. If you are on a budget for food, look elsewhere. If you want to pay a premium and not travel anywhere, you're covered.

I did not golf or use the spa. The massage and facial prices were outrageous.

I would recommend the resort if money is no object. My rate was $219 a night (and this was supposedly a discount). You may want to look around for other options.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ctn66
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The hotel was nice but there were a few things to be aware of.
The rooms are very dated and lack the typical quality you would expect at the prices they charge.
Shower pressure came out in a dribble. Beds were very uncomfortable with very old mattress pads that came off and creeped up on you.
Found a roach in the morning dying in the center of my room.
Motel 6 gives free wifi but this hotel charges you $9.95 per day.
Staff was very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: I would not take the main tower? Ask for then cabana rooms. The tower overlooks the ocean but also a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tooltm
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

An over priced course that appears to be neglected. Greens are skanky and fairways and tee boxes are tired. A classic over rated hotel course. Lots of better choices in the area. We spent $125/person and felt it was worth about half that.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank beeweehingham_MA
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had the privilege of staying at this wonderful resort for a friend's wedding. The ceremony of course was beautiful, but what stood out to me was the service I received at the spa. I needed a manicure/pedicure and got an amazing experience from Consuelo. One of the nicest ladies I have ever met, and she did an amazing job. If you go, don't miss visiting her even if its just to meet her and smile.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hillary B
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Being from California, where the great beaches and awesome ocean are never far away, or far from mind, I never saw the attraction of the state of Florida. My experiences had led me to Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Miami, Homestead...but never to that state's southwest coast. Until a business trip landed me in Naples Beach at the Naples Beach Hotel and Gold Club.

A couple of caveats: I won't review the golf club, as I didn't play (I know!), and I can't review the spa, as I'm not a big spa person if it doesn't involve a mudbath...That said, I can definitely talk about the hotel service, food and drink, beach amenities and overall service.

All of the above were outstanding. I would recommend this hotel without reservations for a mid-winter warming. I had a room in the Watkin Tower on the 7th floor, odd number room, so I looked out southward over the gulf. Others in my group who had even number rooms didn't have quite the view.

The only complaint I had was the slow motion elevators which I assume were designed that way for the aged contingent of snow birds from the midwest populating the hotel. Everyone was very pleasant and the room service was fantastic.

All in all, if you can't make it to Hawaii then Southwest Florida wouldn't be bad, and Naples Beach is a prime spot for relaxing, dining and having a margarita or two in the outdoor bar overlooking the aqua blue gulf waters.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

What a great resort on the beach. Our room was great..the beach bar had great food and drinks. Fabulous sunset from the deck of the beach bar. Downtown Naples was within walking distance.
Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: November 2012