“Horrible experience”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Let me begin by saying I never take the time to write reviews but I read them. I am driven to write this review based on this weekends experience. We arrive at the hotel and the front desk namely Melissa is rude!!! She was completely unhelpful and there was absolutely zero hospitality. Our rooms weren't ready which they were supposed to be so we ate at the outside beach bar (overpriced and gross food) until our rooms were ready. They charge for Internet here and charge for everything even beach chairs and umbrellas. We went to the spa... If you could call it a spa. The spa price without any of the spa experience. Although the masseuse was very good ... The spa is gross and not worth the cost. Also one day at the pool we ordered 4 smoothies for 38.00. They tasted so bad!!! I can only say that for the price I would go to another hotel that better appreciates its customers and offers included amenities if its a resort.

• Stayed September 2013
12 Thank Mrandmrsdsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Bristol, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went to Naples for a family wedding and picked the Naples Beach in part from reviews on tripadvisor. At first, being used to more touristy Florida areas we were suprised there is literally nothing around the hotel but beautiful, big mansions. The beach was truly spectacular. Our room was very nice with large shower, small sitting area, very comfortable bed. The staff really is top notch and everyone was friendly. While we had paid for a 'gulf view' that is what we got. We had to look off to the side of the balcony and did get a view. The food was good but their biggest restaurant was closed for remodel so pretty standard fare and a bit price $15.50 for a burger. Portions were good. You really have to have a car in Naples but we pretty much just relaxed and enjoyed beach and pool. $35 to rent two beach chairs and an umbrella so nothing is free or cheap :) Would definitely stay here again if we wanted to just have a place to go and relax.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay for the gulf view next time. Not worth the extra money to me.
1 Thank happy2travel1
Winston-Salem,NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

OK..here it goes....absolutely incredible service, all done with a smile, people seem to really enjoy working there. Hotel is "old style" but has been renovated and the rooms are perfectly fine. Outstanding location, right on a fabulous beach.Great LIVE bands every Saturday/Sunday, these bands can really play!!!!

A bit expensive, you need to get in your car if you are looking for value for your $$.

Do NOT play the golf course..it is atrocious..not worth $10.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TheScanian
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

My friend & I stayed here with our 18-yr old daughters. We had adjoining rooms which was ideal. This resort has several buildings with room options, all on the beach, ours was one of the closest to the beach, "The Towers" building, tho we didn't get ocean-view, was still good because we spent the majority of our days outside on the beach anyway & were only in our rooms for sleeping & getting ready. Overall, decent service & clean. I would recommend having a car if you want to leave the property for other restaurants, shopping, which we did.

Room Tip: If you have younger children & want to be closer to pool vs beach, I'd recommend the 2-story...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel is fabulous. The grounds of the property are very palm beachy and so well maintained, staff is constantly working to keep it meticulous.There are gorgeous orchids everywhere. The pool is beautiful,clean as well as their beach area. I love coming here. My husband and I come at least three times a year. It is truly a perfect get away destination. P.S. did not love the breakfast buffet.

3 Thank Peter C
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We booked this hotel ourselves by phone and got as good a rate as was offered by booking sites. Our room was great--very clean, up-to-date and quiet. We played the golf course which was directly across the street. The staff was very welcoming and helpful--the golf course was forgiving--but it was really attractive @ $25/person twilight!
We had a burger on the beach that evening--nice friendly staff--good food--relaxed atmosphere and very pretty beach at night. The overall experience was terrific!

Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I live in Naples and wanted to take a few day off before season started, as I own a Restaurant.
This was the 2nd time I have stayed here. 1 The rate was 289.00 a night that was fine but on the web site they offer the 3 night free, they didn't approve that, OK like I said I own a business of my own so i need WiFi an extra charge for that. that's like someone coming into my Restaurant paying full price and me charging for extra napkins. I used the phone in the room to call my store and they charge for local calls, I thing it was a bit much nickle dimming it was like they needed to get every penny the could cause they were going to close. That was the impression.

The hotel itself was very nice we stayed in the Penthouse on the ground floor Beautiful view I have to say
I will go back, but I will know it will be a lot more then most on the beach in Naples

Room Tip: Ground floor room was awesome!!
4 Thank Christine F