“Hotel and Transportation”

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Hotel and Transportation”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Hotel: I was looking for a hotel with a sunset view and after looking at many hotels, both in US and Mexico, I decided on Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club and I am very happy I did. I needed some time away by myself to mourn the passing of my mom. The hotel is laid out very nicely. There are several buildings and none of them were huge which for me was very nice. The grounds were immaculate, even the morning after crazy hurricane like winds the night before. Food and drink might be a little more expensive but the hotel is family owned so they do not have fat corporate pockets and they give back to their community so for me, that impressed me. Also they have mini fridges so you can buy things and keep in there and take a cooler to the beach. There are shops close by to purchase such items.

Transportation: My husband asked me how I was getting to the hotel from the airport. I didn't realize it was 30 minutes to the resort :( I went on line and discovered the going rate was 70.00 each way!! I emailed the hotel to see if they had any suggestions and they suggested Go Native Adventure Tours. I emailed them and was told they were only 50.00 each way. I booked with Gary and was picked up by Laurie. What a gal :) I told her why I was in Florida and she and I talked about many things that really made me feel better. Laurie called me the night before picking me up just to confirm and again the next day to tell me she would be to the hotel in 10 minutes. What more could a person ask for!! Our ride back to the airport was just as enjoyable and we chatted like old friends. She was definitely put in my life for a reason. I hear they also have excellent tours as well as airport transportation so if you are looking for more call them or email them.

Room Tip: Like me, if you want a sunset view you have to get a room totally facing west. The ocean view rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just came back from a quick weekend stay and can't say enough good things. Yes, the rooms don't look like the Ritz, but you aren't paying resort and parking fees. The rooms are typical beach resort style. The housekeeping is top notch with nightly turn down service. BUT, the best part of staying at The Naples Beach Hotel is the opportunity to see wildlife. Both mornings my husband and I walkied the beach and both days were rewarded by the dolphins playing for close to 5 minutes right in front of us On Sunday, we even saw sting ray. People at the beach mentioned that we had missed a school of about 40 playing with them in the water the day before. Live entertainment at the bar every night. For the price, it just can't be beat!

Room Tip: Roon 428 was handicap accessible. Don't know why they gave us this room, but it was nosy becaus...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharidDavie_FL
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I just returned from my first trip to the Naples Beach and Golf Resort. It was an extremely enjoyable experience with a warm welcome, updated furnishings and amenities, excellent housekeeping services and a great beach. A highlight of the visit was breakfast buffet each morning made even better by the service of Brigad, a wonderful Irish lady with a big smile and kind words. We also enjoyed the golf on the oldest course in Naples. When looking at the choices in south west Florida I do not think you can go wrong with this resort.

Room Tip: The wadkins building was very nice and appeared to be oversized accommodations that also included a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Islandtraveler64
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed here for 7 days and enjoyed our time there. Rooms were spotless and staff great. Great location and would be our 1st choice if in Naples again. Our only fault was the breakfast which was overpriced and cold but there were plenty of places nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mick2533
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The beach was truly spectacular. Our room was very nice with large shower, small sitting area, very comfortable bed. Wonderful hotel and staff. Romantic sunset. They made my room twice a day.

Excellent location, a lot things to do, close to 5th Ave., where there are many restaurants and pubs. Would definitely stay here again if we wanted to just have a place to go and relax.

Room Tip: Higher floor recommended
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Resort - and Naples in general - exceeded our expectations. For our first visit to Naples, we struggled with the decision to stay on Fifth Avenue or on the beach (you can't have both). We were really pleased with our choice. Paid a little extra for a gulf view and we were given a room in the Patio building. The room, and entire hotel, was impeccably clean. Especially loved the shower with lovely blue tiles and dual heads. Because our room was on the ground floor, the "ocean view" was hard to see (higher floors have better views) however it was very convenient to the beach...literally a few steps from our patio. The Patio building is next to the adults-only pool, so it was quiet.

We rented bicycles from the golf pro shop...a bargain at $10/each for a few hours. It's an easy (5-10 min) ride to Fifth Avenue, Third Street South and Tin City. You can also walk down the beach to 5th Ave (1.5 mi) and the 12th Street Pier (1.9 mi). We played 18 holes...very good price (for resort golf) at $100 for two players including club rentals and cart. We inquired about paddle board rentals but decided $50/hour was too expensive.

Food and drinks are expensive, but you pay for convenience. We split a yummy grouper sandwich and fries one evening while enjoying live music at the beach bar. Dinner at HB's was good, not great...however the sunset view was amazing! (There is a Publix supermarket about a mile north of the resort on Hwy 41 where we picked up some fresh fruit, snacks and beverages for our room's mini fridge.)

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori K
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Let me begin by saying I never take the time to write reviews but I read them. I am driven to write this review based on this weekends experience. We arrive at the hotel and the front desk namely Melissa is rude!!! She was completely unhelpful and there was absolutely zero hospitality. Our rooms weren't ready which they were supposed to be so we ate at the outside beach bar (overpriced and gross food) until our rooms were ready. They charge for Internet here and charge for everything even beach chairs and umbrellas. We went to the spa... If you could call it a spa. The spa price without any of the spa experience. Although the masseuse was very good ... The spa is gross and not worth the cost. Also one day at the pool we ordered 4 smoothies for 38.00. They tasted so bad!!! I can only say that for the price I would go to another hotel that better appreciates its customers and offers included amenities if its a resort.

• Stayed September 2013