“Love this place!”

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Naples, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club multiple times throughout my life and there is a reason why. My most recent stay was for the fourth of July. It has live entertainment nightly, great atmosphere, great location, excellent rooms, offers multiple recreation activities, and friendly service. Its a excellent resort for friends and families to spend time with each other and to create memories. Aside from being on one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida that makes this hotel so attractive, the staff is extremely welcoming and go above and beyond for their guests. We were treated like family from check-in to check-out. I would recommend this hotel to not just vacationers, but locals as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
brentwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here in June, and was in the Watkins building, we did upgrade to a suite as I had read such bad reviews regarding the rooms, The view was awesome and the room was obviously a good size, loved the bathrooms and dressing areas, unfortunately it needed a good clean, the window shutters I dont think had ever been dusted and the doors to the fridge and safe fell off every time you opened them. Expensive to go to the beach and use there beds and umbrellas, unfortunately we had two wedding parties while we was staying there and they took the whole of the pool area so no beds available, even if they never used them, they were all just standing in the pool with drinks in their hands, not nice its a kids pool to splash and play in. so we had to go to the beach. We also had a Triathlon event race at the hotel on the sunday and the finish line was our hotel, we was woken at 6am!!! it was packed it was a nightmare, so check with this hotel if they have any big events on when you stay, Not much to do really, sunset beach the staff were not friendly and just cared about the locals, we did eat in the restaurant as it was pouring of rain and we didnt want to go out, and we had a lovely meal, which surprised us as the reviews were not good. We did however check out early as we wasnt enjoying ourselves in this hotel. Best bit of the week was a restaurant called Seasalt fantastic.

Room Tip: Watkins building facing the gulf.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very clean. Staff friendly. Spacious rooms with nice features. Nice relaxing pool-above avg for beach front hotel. Did not feel old and run down as some reviews stated. I had expected to see that, and was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was very clean. I'm a germ-a-phobe and I thought it was clean. I never felt compelled to clean anything and the shower and bath were up to my standards as well. Staff very friendly and accommodating-even down to the housekeeping staff. Maria was so kind! Never had a problem with them coming around too early or anything of that nature. Found the rooms to be spacious for standard hotel rooms, crib and microwave in the room (complimentary on request) which made traveling with an infant much easier. For a beachfront hotel, I found the pool to be above average in size. It was also very clean and not full of sand as you might fear! It was not terribly crowded and the fountains and large umbrellas provided a very relaxing atmosphere overlooking the beach. The resort was extremely quiet and relaxing, had no trouble sleeping. Definitely an older crowd. Never saw the kids club they talk about, asked about it one morning and due to lack of children present at 9 they said they were starting it later. Never asked again and never saw anything going on at the pool or around the resort. Not a big deal but my daughter probably would have enjoyed that feature.

The best thing about this resort was it's beach front location. They also allow you to bring your own beach chairs and such which was nice considering the other resorts we looked at did not. No resort fee, no parking fee. Those added fees always irritate me so it was nice to know exactly what I was paying up front. I was very happy with this resort. My daughter loved the turn down service at night because they put chocolates on the pillows...and I admit, my husband and I really liked this too! Who wouldn't? The rooms had robes, an umbrella, separate vanity area from bathroom, two luggage holders (usually there is just one) , refrigerator, microwave, and all have balconies. The blues and green decor of the resort is beachy and goes with the laid back vibe of the resort. I would stay here again although the location is not ideal when you want to leave the property. Next time, considering kids, beach activities, mini golf, etc. we would stay in Marco Island or Ft Myers. Not a whole lot to do besides shop and most of the closest restaurants were chains, which is fine but I can eat at those anytime when I am home!

All in all, resort was great but location was deep into Naples and not close to anything we wanted to do so we spent a lot of time driving. However, it's perfect if you want a quiet, clean, relaxing beach front property.

Room Tip: Watkins building was great, close to the pool. But towers and Cabanas were equally nice and did not...
2 Thank savannah080808
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived after a long day of travel to find out our room was not ready - which was after check in time. We were not happy! The Resort is Old and needs some major updating. Our room was OK and pretty comfortable for the most part. Elevator was super slow to get to our floor, so we were forced to take the stairs. The Beach location is fantastic! ALL of the Restaurants - fine dining, bar & grill, etc. were TERRIBLE! The food is a complete rip off. It is not fresh or local like they advertise. Not much to do here but sit on the beach. The pools are small and the crowd here is much older. Kids (14 & 17) were terribly bored and we found ourselves driving to Marco Island for entertainment. Hotel staff were rude and unwelcoming - especially at the Beach Bar & Grill. They allow Locals to be on their private beach - so they will get served before you! There is a problem with that right?! DO NOT GO TO THE SPA! We spent $700 and it was a terrible experience. I think the nail specialist was 80 years old! It doesn't feel like a spa and certainly not worth the $$$! It is worth paying more to stay at one of the nicer more modern resorts in Naples!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steph7168
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel considers itself better than it is. Its location is clearly its best feature. When you walk out the front door of your room and you're on the beach, the hotel's many issues temporarily fall to the wayside. But then you go back into your room for what you hope is going to be a good night's rest, and the air conditioner doesn't work. In July. When it's 95 degrees. So it's time to pack up all your stuff and move it to another room after a call to a non-enthused front desk worker.

But perhaps most infuriating is the hotel's policy of nickel and diming you. Perhaps this is how it is on Naples beach, but I've visited many beautiful beach resorts from Sanibel Island to Hawaii and have never seen anything quite like it. To use their beach chairs, it costs $12 per chair per day. So to use their precious chairs on the beach, it'll cost your party of four $48. It doesn't matter if it's 5pm & you're only going to be there for 30 minutes, you're paying. Want a very average burger from their on site crappy food stand? $16.75. I could get a much better one in NYC for less. But they know you don't have much other choice, so why not stick you with a little extra cost? The wireless Internet isn't complimentary. A microwave cost $20/day (where many places include a microwave in the room). Oh, and there's no cell reception on most carriers - which makes the Internet charge even more irritating.

The rooms themselves are just standard hotel rooms. Nothing fancy. Again, if the beach wasn't outside the door, you may as well be in a Holiday Inn off the interstate.

I could go on. This place just rubbed me the wrong way. I'd never stay here again. It makes me physically ill to watch the high school kid they hire go around telling their confused guests on the beach that they can't use the beach chairs without paying. There's something about repeatedly watching guests, who probably paid $200+ per night in the offseason look embarrassed and frustrated while this barely-able-to-drive beach monitor throws them off their chairs that really sullies the relaxing beach atmosphere. It's almost comical to see the hotel guests lying on towels while the towering stacks of chairs sits next to them unused because they recognize that the price their charging is outrageous. There's not even a sign next to the chairs explaining the cost, so if you missed it in your hotel literature, you'll surely be the pimple-faced beach monitor's next victim.

If you're going to be price-gouged like this, at least go to a nicer hotel.

Room Tip: If you insist on going to this hotel, spring for the room with the beach out your front door. Otherw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank M D
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I came for a conference with my wife and daughter and we were very happy. Rooms were well kept and nicely appointed - we were in the tower, without a notable view, but were very comfortable. The beach and pool areas were very nice - the pools are small compared to what we see at bigger resorts, but it fit the locale and wasn't too crowded. Meeting rooms and catering were great, service was wonderful, and beachside bar was great. Only downside is that the food is pricy - my wife and daughter ate at the First Watch down the street while I ate (very good) conference food.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent weekend with daughter and 2 small grandkids. Hotel was packed with convention guests and families. Everyone having a wonderful time at pool, beach and beautiful lawn areas. Staff very friendly. Room was very big and spacious.

1 Thank chincasey