“Great Hotel on the beach”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on a travelling holiday through Florida and it was our favourite hotel.
Our room was in the Patio building and was quiet and peaceful. The room was very nicely decorated and only 20 paces from the beach.
The beach is always quiet and we saw some awesome sunsets.
The pools and bar areas are very nice and prices seem to be in line with other hotels offering similar facilities.
I played golf twice during my visit and the golf course is great.
No free wi-fi which seems strange. We stayed in a couple of motels at $60 and they provided wi-fi. Don't pay for their wifi go up to 5th Avenue and have a coffee in Starbucks or any other cafe as they all offer free wifi

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor of The Patio building which gave us very easy access to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John I I

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect location in Naples. The beach is gorgeous and the grounds are clean and well maintained. The hotel is made up of 5 smaller buildings of different configurations. The adult pool is small but it's nice to have, the larger pool is lovely, you can set up your chairs on the pool patio with a lovely view of the ocean and there are chairs and umbrellas available on the beach for an extra charge. There are several conference rooms and a wedding lawn. The restaurants are pricey and although we only ate at the poolside bar it was also a bit pricey. We stayed in the main building, our room was small but comfortable, the bathroom shower/toilet set up was very narrow and there was no tub, however, the beds were comfortable and the amenities were fine. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is fresh cold water by the pool but you must bring bottled water for your room, or it's 6$ a bottle from the coffee shop. VERY well located to the downtown restaurants and shopping, complementary valet. There is a charge to use the gym (I don't believe that's fair) and the spa is also very pricey. Overall we really enjoyed our stay, highly recommend, and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Betsy33498
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 days before going to Marco Island. Must say its wonderful. Get a room with a view. My wife and I loved it. Would recommend it to all friends. Upscale at a good price The sunsets are classic here

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thomaswT1326SU
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Probably because was 4th of July!...Valet parking efficient! Very expensive menus. No separate area to eat and drink so kids would be ordering food with adults drinking in the same place. Small bathrooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I've stayed at the Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club multiple times throughout my life and there is a reason why. My most recent stay was for the fourth of July. It has live entertainment nightly, great atmosphere, great location, excellent rooms, offers multiple recreation activities, and friendly service. Its a excellent resort for friends and families to spend time with each other and to create memories. Aside from being on one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida that makes this hotel so attractive, the staff is extremely welcoming and go above and beyond for their guests. We were treated like family from check-in to check-out. I would recommend this hotel to not just vacationers, but locals as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here in June, and was in the Watkins building, we did upgrade to a suite as I had read such bad reviews regarding the rooms, The view was awesome and the room was obviously a good size, loved the bathrooms and dressing areas, unfortunately it needed a good clean, the window shutters I dont think had ever been dusted and the doors to the fridge and safe fell off every time you opened them. Expensive to go to the beach and use there beds and umbrellas, unfortunately we had two wedding parties while we was staying there and they took the whole of the pool area so no beds available, even if they never used them, they were all just standing in the pool with drinks in their hands, not nice its a kids pool to splash and play in. so we had to go to the beach. We also had a Triathlon event race at the hotel on the sunday and the finish line was our hotel, we was woken at 6am!!! it was packed it was a nightmare, so check with this hotel if they have any big events on when you stay, Not much to do really, sunset beach the staff were not friendly and just cared about the locals, we did eat in the restaurant as it was pouring of rain and we didnt want to go out, and we had a lovely meal, which surprised us as the reviews were not good. We did however check out early as we wasnt enjoying ourselves in this hotel. Best bit of the week was a restaurant called Seasalt fantastic.

Room Tip: Watkins building facing the gulf.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very clean. Staff friendly. Spacious rooms with nice features. Nice relaxing pool-above avg for beach front hotel. Did not feel old and run down as some reviews stated. I had expected to see that, and was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was very clean. I'm a germ-a-phobe and I thought it was clean. I never felt compelled to clean anything and the shower and bath were up to my standards as well. Staff very friendly and accommodating-even down to the housekeeping staff. Maria was so kind! Never had a problem with them coming around too early or anything of that nature. Found the rooms to be spacious for standard hotel rooms, crib and microwave in the room (complimentary on request) which made traveling with an infant much easier. For a beachfront hotel, I found the pool to be above average in size. It was also very clean and not full of sand as you might fear! It was not terribly crowded and the fountains and large umbrellas provided a very relaxing atmosphere overlooking the beach. The resort was extremely quiet and relaxing, had no trouble sleeping. Definitely an older crowd. Never saw the kids club they talk about, asked about it one morning and due to lack of children present at 9 they said they were starting it later. Never asked again and never saw anything going on at the pool or around the resort. Not a big deal but my daughter probably would have enjoyed that feature.

The best thing about this resort was it's beach front location. They also allow you to bring your own beach chairs and such which was nice considering the other resorts we looked at did not. No resort fee, no parking fee. Those added fees always irritate me so it was nice to know exactly what I was paying up front. I was very happy with this resort. My daughter loved the turn down service at night because they put chocolates on the pillows...and I admit, my husband and I really liked this too! Who wouldn't? The rooms had robes, an umbrella, separate vanity area from bathroom, two luggage holders (usually there is just one) , refrigerator, microwave, and all have balconies. The blues and green decor of the resort is beachy and goes with the laid back vibe of the resort. I would stay here again although the location is not ideal when you want to leave the property. Next time, considering kids, beach activities, mini golf, etc. we would stay in Marco Island or Ft Myers. Not a whole lot to do besides shop and most of the closest restaurants were chains, which is fine but I can eat at those anytime when I am home!

All in all, resort was great but location was deep into Naples and not close to anything we wanted to do so we spent a lot of time driving. However, it's perfect if you want a quiet, clean, relaxing beach front property.

Room Tip: Watkins building was great, close to the pool. But towers and Cabanas were equally nice and did not...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family