The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Doubletree.com
US$365
US$228
Official Website
Trianon Old Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$138
Hotels.com
US$373
US$298
Ramada Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$93
Best Western Naples Inn & Suites(Naples)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$199
US$221
US$210
1,536 results
All reviewswatkins buildingthe penthousesunset barmain buildingdifferent buildingsnaples beachbeautiful beachwet barbeach chairsgulf of mexicogulf viewold floridaadult poolwatching the sunsetbreakfast buffet isvalet parkingocean front
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is a little touch of heaven! Great Pub Grub at the beachside grill. Competent service. Their summer jazz on the beach series always brings in first class talent. After some course work last year and this summer, the course is finally shaping up . Not ashamed to bring guests. A real gem!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited this beauty by the Gulf the week of Aust 10th. We had a room on the 7th floor that had a balcony and gorgeous view of the area and water. The grounds are well-kept and the Staff is friendly. Did not get to play golf but the Pro Shop is very well stocked.
There is a Spa onsite and the services are reasonably priced. Two pools. One for the children and an adult pool where there are lounge chairs all around.
Lots of parking and valet parking is also available.
The beach is soft white sugar sand. Lots of chairs and umbrellas for rent.
The Resort is not too far from restaurants and activities not to mention Naples downtown. We'd definitely return. AC is quiet and the resort is trying to make themselves green by recycling and reducing their carbon footprint. Security is good. Magnetic cards needed to enter facilities as well as rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Watkins building and were happy with the parking areas.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celine R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Villas. Room was nice enough and secluded from the main hotel it has a private lounging area for the building and I could walk 10 steps to the beach from my room. Sunsets were spectacular. The bar got crowded so get there early for a good view of the water.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great place for a quick get away. Golf and beach in one. Several restaurant on property. All in one resort. Nice pool and bar area. Lounge chairs and umbrella for rent on the beach. Service is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff P
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary at the Naples Beach Hotel under the "stay two nights, get one night free promotion." We had a wonderful stay from start to finish. After returning, I read some of the critical and even harsh reviews posted here, which I want to respond to out of a sense of proportion and balance.

We like the place from the moment we set foot in the lobby. You see right through the waters of the Gulf. This is a million dollar, world-class view. I've been at lots of stunning places, such as the Fairmont Lake Louise, where when you enter the lobby you find yourself looking that the great beauty of Lake Louise. My sense of the Naples Beach Hotel lobby was the same. You stand in the lobby and you look out and see the calming and clear blue waters of the Gulf, framed by palm trees and dune grass, and you realize right away that you are looking at a million dollar view. That's why you go to a place like this.

Then, we liked that the atmosphere of the hotel was unassuming and not pretentious. We've been to many events at the Ritz. We cannot afford to stay there. I am sure the Ritz is the Ritz. But when we are interested in kicking back and relaxing-- away from the children and the cares of life -- we appreciate the understated "feel" of a beach vacation in a beach town; we don't want luxury and pretense.

Then we loved the retro 1940's (authentic) styling of the place (of a piece, by the way, with all the other pricey properties in the area). You feel like you are on Key West, or a town in the Caribbean somewhere. You expect to see a young Jack Lemmon walk out at any moment with a white tennis outfit and wooden racquet in hand. It's like the setting of a 1940s or 50s movie set in LA with someone like Cary Grant.

We also appreciated the "family" atmosphere of the place. It's a family business, and the "feel" of a family enterprise comes through, from the names on the building (Watkins), to the personal touch (the president and owner actually walked by one morning -- we didn't appreciate then who is was -- who greeted us with genuine warmth and friendliness), and, most importantly, to the way things are done, the "culture" of the place.

Perhaps because it's a family business children seem especially welcome in the resort. Our room looked out over a beautiful lawn where most times of the day children were playing -- a father playing a pick up soccer game with his three sons; some siblings throwing a football; and so on. I should say that my wife and I were there precisely to spend time away from our children, and we never had trouble finding time to be alone or romantic spots to look out at the Gulf or up at the stars. There was no competition or conflict whatsoever between children being welcome at the Resort and the Resort's potential for romance.

Can we be reasonable now about expenses? If you want your budget to consist of your room fee and basically nothing else -- then DON'T STAY IN A RESORT! Find some budget motel on Ft. Meyer's beach (they exist) with a kitchenette. If you are staying at a resort, then plan to spend roughly the same amount as your room on a daily basis on things you get and do at a resort -- drinks, meals, and services. If you don't understand this fundamental idea, then, please, do not concoct a "compaint" here based on a false premise. Keep your misunderstanding to yourself and don't criticize others based on it.

For example, a sandwich at the Sunset Grill costs $17. Now it's a huge sandwich: my wife and I split one, and she could not finish her half. Also, it comes with a big basket of fries. So arguably that sort of sandwich would be worth $17 if you bought it at Panera. But, please: you are getting the sandwich at an lovely grill where you can sit down on a comfortable stool directly overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches you have ever seen. Please don't insult my intelligence and everyone else's by implying that this fact counts nothing for the value of your sandwich. Of course it does! If you want a good deal on a sandwich, go to the Publix deli. If you want a good enough value, at your bidding, on a beach which looks like paradise, then it's not unreasonable that you are asked to pay something for that. Or, I'll put it another way: I challenge the critics who have posted reviews here to tell me where on the Paradise Coast they can find a sandwich shop right on the beach that charges less for a sandwich.

About the $10 internet fee: worked well for us. My wife and I decided to forgo purchasing it. And we were happy we did not sign up. We mainly kept our computers closed and our smartphones tucked away. What can I say about people who come to a place like this Resort and (we saw many of them) spend their time looking at their tiny smart phone screens? I think in contrast the Resort could have a very good argument, as it were, that, if you are staying there, then the burden is on you to show that you really need free internet.

About the rental fees for beach chairs and umbrellas: If you plan to use these all day, then the fee charged (for the convenience of not lugging them around yourself) is pretty reasonable. Besides (as other have pointed out): 1. the lounge chairs which they rent are top quality; 2. there is no daily resort fee anyway; and 3. if they were free, then lots of people would use them once for a short time and then leave -- leaving behind, also, their sweat, sunscreen residue, and maybe food particles and sticky residue from spilled drinks.

It's absurd to say as some reviewers did that there is nothing to do in the area or no good restaurants around. The famous 5th Avenue and 3rd Street districts in Naples, filled with top-rate restaurants, are essentially within walking distance. My wife and I one evening went to Mereday's on Naples Bay, about 2 miles away. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better restaurant anywhere, and for about half or a third of what you'd have to pay in DC or NY for something comparable. (We found the Resort's own restaurant, HB's, mediocre as regards food. But we didn't go there for the food, but for sunset dining right on the beach.)

My wife says the Spa services were first rate. When my wife was at the spa, I played golf. The course is on the easier side but some holes are outstanding. Generally it is very beautiful, with a lot of old trees and with rough which is real grass, like you'd find up north. My only complaint about the course is that the greens have an old-style, grainy Bermuda grass, which is very slow and very unpredictable. Let's hope they replace the greens soon. (By the way, there is no charge for using the fitness rooms --great cardio machines and great weight circuit. There is a $15 charge, however, for using the sauna and steam room area.)

Another issue we had was the lack of good espresso and espresso drinks. The Seminole Store makes coffees with a kind of Nescafe machine -- it gives you cappuccino like you get from those machines in lobbies where you put in some coins and press buttons for milk and sugar. We drove to a nearby Panera to get good coffee in the morning.

We had a room in the Watkins building on a high floor looking south over the Gulf. It had a terrific balcony, where we spend several hours sipping wine, reading the paper, and so on. We highly recommend that you spend a bit more and get a room like that with a view. Our room was very clean and kept well by housekeeping. We like the Key West style decor -- very calming and in the spirit of a beach holiday.

We loved our stay at the Naples Beach Hotel and plan on recommending it to everyone, as well as going back again as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking south in the Watkins building on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple